Map Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit pessimistic. China transformed from an agrarian backwater into -by some measures- the most powerful country on Earth, in the span of thirty years. I don't see why the Congo couldn't do something similar.

I feel like there's a pretty tremendous difference though- China had a long prior history of being the most powerful country on earth and the Congo has no such past. Not to mention that the example is quite possibly an outlier rather than the general trend of what's possible for most nations.

I feel like there's a pretty tremendous difference though- China had a long prior history of being the most powerful country on earth and the Congo has no such past. Not to mention that the example is quite possibly an outlier rather than the general trend of what's possible for most nations.

The other difference is that China had to do it itself. Congo has a lot of history to learn from, including its own; I don't see it as particularly unrealistic that it could modernise and become a first-world power given enough time and good governance. Perhaps not a 'superpower', but definitely better than OTL.

Um.

Trying to see if there are any clichés/biases in some of my older and (thankfully) unposted WIPs.

RU3xa5G.png

Um.

Trying to see if there are any clichés/biases in some of my older and (thankfully) unposted WIPs.

RU3xa5G.png
I don't think it's really necessary to worry about being cliched much (except if it's things like the modern Kazakh border). Tropes are tools, after all; all that matters is if you're good at using them. And honestly all of these are pretty good.

So on another thread, we came up with Ideas for a Imperial Japanese version of Wolfenstein The New Order. The Ideas inspired me to create a map of this world that i will post here.

japanese wolfenstein.png

Color Code
Yellow: Empire of Japan proper
Light Yellow: Eurasian-Pacific Co Prosperity Sphere (technically independent, but Japan does whatever they please in their borders)
Orange: Pacific States of America and South Africa (that was a mistake)
Gold: Japanese Allies in South America
Light Green: Greater Ethiopia
Blue: Free France
Italian Empire and Fascist France have little empires in Libya (Italy) and Algeria (France). Spain and Portugal have colonies as well.

For more data, check out the thread, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.