Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting map and scenario. A small criticism would be the occupation zones in Germany.
OTL France got the "bra" (nickname given to the French zone of oc upation because of its shape) because it was not a major actor of the conflict for the other great powers. And that explains why the occupation sound was in no way historical or geographical like that of the British, Americans and Soviets.
In your scenario, although the French occupation zone extended to the left bank of the Rhine, there is a good chance that its southern part will be as different as that of the other allies.
Do you plan to do a sequel? How will France manage its colonial empire and this large Muslim population fully citizen? Will the war in Yugoslavia be an analogue of the Korean War?

Well I didn’t want to change many things to OTL occupation. I only extended the French occupation to the entire Rhineland and extended it in Austria.
Well, honestly this is quite a spoiler for a non-existent timeline I’ve been thinking of inspired on several works about France fighting on. But I haven’t had the inspiration to even start it.
About the ideas I’ve had is to France to decolonoze except for Algeria, Gabon and Djibouti, maybe something about Guangzhouwan but no more.
And yes, the Yugoslav already happened and it’s the equivalent of Korea ITTL .

An Alt-Europe, where the Union of Soverieign States was successfully born, where Scotland said yes in 2014, and followed by several nationalist separatisms that joined the EU, and France kept its 1814 borders with Germany.
View attachment 538017
How did Catalonia manage to integrate this union with Spain, itself a member? I find it hard to see Spain accepting Catalonia's membership after its secession.

Does anyone know if there any Voronoi maps/diagrams with the central points being the holy places of the world's major religions, please? (I'm sorry if I explained dat badly) ⌨

The crazy thing Ive noticed is that people dont really think about id how much Coastlines have changed over the years due to siltation and soil disposition. In France there are towns with -sur-Mer in their names that are 5+ miles inland, In the UK the Fens were underwater like 1500 years ago, and in Greece Thermopylae was once a series of cliffs along a gulf, now they are a couple of miles inland.

The crazy thing Ive noticed is that people dont really think about id how much Coastlines have changed over the years due to siltation and soil disposition. In France there are towns with -sur-Mer in their names that are 5+ miles inland, In the UK the Fens were underwater like 1500 years ago, and in Greece Thermopylae was once a series of cliffs along a gulf, now they are a couple of miles inland.
and also the Netherlands have been raising their land for centuries

Map of Triagia from the Riftwar Cycle books at the eave of the Riftwar.

[Had to go fix a mistake on the map, will post the updated version asap]

Midkemia_2.0.png

Last edited:
An Alt-Europe, where the Union of Soverieign States was successfully born, where Scotland said yes in 2014, and followed by several nationalist separatisms that joined the EU, and France kept its 1814 borders with Germany.
View attachment 538017
What happened to Nakchevan? Artsakh? Why would Armenia stay out of this given its relationship with Russia presently in OTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.