Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Prince di Corsica a reasonably common, but still nice take on the dual monarchy,
How were you intending for Edward of Woodstock to survive Shrewsbury (if indeed Henrí III de France/Henry VII of England is Edward's son ITTL).
Are you feeling that in this time line, that it would become a triple bloc. monarchy (of those shown here) of England, France and Burgundy, or would Burgundy get split off to another son e.g.?

Henry VII/III is the son of Charles the Bold and an alt-daughter of OTL Henry VI. He inherits the kingdoms directly from his maternal grandfather.

The plan is for a triple bloc, since it is compact enough territotially to keep together.

Henry VII/III is the son of Charles the Bold and an alt-daughter of OTL Henry VI. He inherits the kingdoms directly from his maternal grandfather.

The plan is for a triple bloc, since it is compact enough territotially to keep together.

The wonder then is what happens to Scotland and Ireland (Wales is already quite well integrated by 1470s), any thoughts there?

The wonder then is what happens to Scotland and Ireland (Wales is already quite well integrated by 1470s), any thoughts there?

In Ireland I was thinking of it being a Yorkist last stand only to be invaded and defeated by Charles the Bold. Scotland... well, they had good relations with the Lancasters during the War of the Roses, so they might see their cooperation paid of. But in the future, they'll certainly be an ally of the French. Can the country survive? Perhaps. An England more occupied with continental affairs may allow Scotland some room to breathe.

It seems there's interest for this setting. Should I go forward with a more proper timeline?

this is tempting me to scrap the Tengri Oirat+ Buddhist Mongolia for the MOTF, and making a mormon/native split state.
I admit, while that's flattering to here, the two Mongolias sounds pretty fascinating in of itself.
I'm curious what TTL's Jewish diaspora would look like, as I highly doubt the (First? Second?) Temple Jews of the time would be all too keen on converting to what is at best an unthinkable, idol-worshipping heresy.
I imagine they'd probably be confused by the story of a lost tribe and a messiah who hasn't been born yet.
The Mormons: *form a massive kingdom in the ancient Levant*
The Neo-Assyrian Empire: "allow me to introduce myself"
Whichever of the two you don't want to win:
ok so the world population in ~1000 bc was anywhere from 50 to 115 million, the mormon population is ~16 million. So Mormons now make up about 32 to 14 percent of the population.
Joy oh joy!

In Ireland I was thinking of it being a Yorkist last stand only to be invaded and defeated by Charles the Bold. Scotland... well, they had good relations with the Lancasters during the War of the Roses, so they might see their cooperation paid of. But in the future, they'll certainly be an ally of the French. Can the country survive? Perhaps. An England more occupied with continental affairs may allow Scotland some room to breathe.

It seems there's interest for this setting. Should I go forward with a more proper timeline?

Up to you mate, English Kingdom of France has been done a few times, but if you feel you can make yours unique and can offer a new perspective, go with it :).

Beautiful!
The town icons are a brilliant idea, and you pulled it off perfectly! I also love the font you used! And the coats of arms are excellent as well.

Thank you! The English coat of arms was a bit complex, but I think it ended up looking nicely. And I'm glad you liked the icons and the font! I thought it gave it a sort of medievalist vibe that just looked nice.

Up to you mate, English Kingdom of France has been done a few times, but if you feel you can make yours unique and can offer a new perspective, go with it :).

Maybe... At least I think the dynastic question I have set up is a novelty (both in the map and in what comes afterwards). I'll see how I can manage in regards to actually writing it out

I would support such an andeavour, the idea has always attracted me deeply so I might even help you with maps if the opportunity presents itself, and you agree with it, of course.

Also, to be frank, Scotland surviving in the flank of this new empire might be somewhat of a cliché in these TLs.

I would support such an andeavour, the idea has always attracted me deeply so I might even help you with maps if the opportunity presents itself, and you agree with it, of course.

Also, to be frank, Scotland surviving in the flank of this new empire might be somewhat of a cliché in these TLs.

Oh I would certainly welcome any help provided!

And I admit you are right about the Scottish issue... Perhaps something more original could be found.

It's a very cool idea, but it's hard for me to believe that a reactionary Arab state - especially one that actively excluded Europeans - would be able to come to terms with the Zionists. Maybe it could be cool with Jews so long as they shed that identity to be Arabs that just happened to have Jewish religion, but as a distinct group seems weird.

The rational given in-universe is that the Jews are “proper” sons of Abraham and have a better claim to the Holy Land than the “Europeans.”

Though that being said, this is also in part why the Alnahdists are nigh explicitly secular in their ideology. Religion still has a significant place, but the regime has supplanted the faiths with a more unifying alternative. Albeit appropriated certain elements to further foster ties among Jews, Muslims and Christians.

Thank you for this. I went to Israel last February with a Church group, and I absolutely loved it, and want nothing more then to go back. So thank you for the Reactionary Levant. (IE: Saving the Holy Land from being razed to the ground by the Terror/Collectivists. My heart would have break if Jerusalem, or even Galilee, and the Golan had been destroyed. Even Jordan and Lebanon being saved is nice.)

For issues like Non-Citizens, and One-Party rule, Reactionary Levant ins't that bad between the unity of Muslims, Jews and Christians, and blend of Islamic and Western influences before and after.

The Hashemites is nice, I always liked them, and feel in OTL, they got screw out of a good deal in the Middle, East, and the Middle East in turn lost an good deal from Hashemite rule.

Thanks! Glad you like it!

The Levant isn’t the most pleasant place to live in to put it lightly, while the Hashemites only rule in name and at the mercy of the Alnahdists. But compared to the alternative and even to other Reactionary states in-universe, it could be worse.

For the first time in ages I actually finished a graphic with a map in it, so it's time to pop back up in here.
This is a redux of a map-centered infographic I made a while back, one of the earliest I made for the Crumpleverse in fact. The original, which can be seen herewhich can be seen here, has a poor palette and layout. It wasn't until well after I finished that that I noticed that, as is so often the case with work you've tunnel visioned on. As I've gained more experience the original has been nagging me more and more, and then today I decided that actually maybe I could, and should, remake it. I also took the opportunity to add more content to it.
ddppbpx-266cfad4-1c8e-4088-856c-4d1c6ffce929.png

Here's a brand new map for the RDNA-verse! This one focuses on Reactionary Levant, centered around what would have been Jordan, Israel-Palestine in our world.
Great map and description! I'm intrigued by the use of the word "Reactionary" in the name of the state. It's not something we see much at all OTL, but given how far back the POD is, it seems well within the realm of plausibility.

Great map and description! I'm intrigued by the use of the word "Reactionary" in the name of the state. It's not something we see much at all OTL, but given how far back the POD is, it seems well within the realm of plausibility.

Granted, "Reactionary" is more like something others call the country, rather than what the locals actually call it.

My main issue with this TL is nations like this (and South Italy, but somehow I imagine that would be much harder to destroy if they can't make it through the Bering.) exist, but not nearly enough that the Collectivists would be bogged in them. You'd need several revolts in Europe, a couple of rump warlords in China, and most likely a caliphate in Central Arabia to nearly have any of these reactionary states in the heart of the collectivist union (of course, then the collectivists would look less threatening, and I imagine you'd not want that) persist some hundred years.

Last edited:
My main issue with this TL is nations like this (and South Italy, but somehow I imagine that would be much harder to destroy if they can't make it through the Bering.) exist, but not nearly enough that the Collectivists would be bogged in them. You'd need several revolts in Europe, a couple of rump warlords in China, and most likely a caliphate in Central Arabia to nearly have any of these reactionary states in the heart of the collectivist union (of course, then the collectivists would look less threatening, and I imagine you'd not want that) persist some hundred years.

It's mentioned more than once in the TL that the Collectivist Internationale is not fully centralized and is prone to infighting, albeit heavily implied to be by design for the Party's plans. Not to mention how the expansion of the Internationale wasn't instantaneous.

In addition, something like Wahhabism or more fundamentalist Islam kinda died with the Terror, and while Oman might have had a potential claim to establishing a Caliphate, the Alnahdists had other ideas.

My usual cross-posting from the MotF. Hope you like it!

If you want to, please expand on this,. I love the map. The information you've given so far sounds interesting. I want to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.