Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map I made of the Hoare-Laval Pact, which was a peace agreement proposed in 1935 between Italy and Ethiopia by Britain. Italy would have gained part of Ethiopian Somalia and Tigrayia, along with influence in southern Ethiopia. In return Ethiopia would have gained the port city of Asseb.

Hoare–Laval Pact.png

If that's the case, then the time of the cataclysm needs to be decided, as that would affect evolution and such things.

I'd imagine it would have to happen after plate tectonics put those continents in those places, but I'm not 100% sure that tidal forces would affect continental drift as much as I imagine it does.

If that's the case, then the time of the cataclysm needs to be decided, as that would affect evolution and such things.

Evolution would diverge less from OTL in the case of a relatively recent cataclysm, of course. The continents having been in different positions for hundreds of millions of years would butterfly evolution beyond recognition. But then I am no doubt insulting your intelligence. :eek:

Lulach's Legacy
One - Lulachfrýgyld in 1450
Two - Lulachfrýgyld in 1130
Three - Mythological Lands
Four - Confederation of Hálignausé
Five - Discovery of "Litirland"
Six - Europe in 1450
Seven - The Langlífrejr

Eight - Litirland/Litherland in 1650

The Treaty of Skarborough demarcated the claim lines of Litirland, and allowed the peaceful expansion and colonization of European powers in the continent. Skarborough, where the treaty was signed, was one of the first major settlements in the Scandinavian colonies, on *Staten Island. The treaty vastly increased the size of Danish "Herbergia", while also allowing Lulachfrýgyld (referred to by Europeans as Frygia") more land. This ceased most conflict between the "natives" and Europe, while also allowing the nations to simultaneously put down the real natives of Litirland. The map shown below denotes preferred claim lines, the actual settlements as of 1650 are completely different.

nv81LB0.png

Last edited:
Nice. I imagine those are mostly claims at this point rather than areas of solid control. Who are the Arraillur?

Definitely, I mentioned that in the paragraph. The next map I've made shows the controlled land at this same time. The Arraillur are Basque fisherman (also mentioned in a previous update), originally a collection of a couple families who controlled Cape Breton Island. At this point in time they're basically vassals of Navarre, but they're most definitely independent, and quite corporatist. :D

You're going to see some impressive sea level rises when Yellowstone erupts.

What's even more fantastic (in a grim way, of course) is that, barring a decent geological survey of the continent, the first warning this world gets of the presence of a supervolcano is the moment the icecap explodes.

Sabot Cat

Banned
What's even more fantastic (in a grim way, of course) is that, barring a decent geological survey of the continent, the first warning this world gets of the presence of a supervolcano is the moment the icecap explodes.

Well, I didn't really need to sleep tonight I guess. Or ever again.

heres a map of the atl wwii where communist germany and soviet union where defeted by the Allies:uk,france,usa,brazil,italy,japan,canada and others
the war lasted beetwen 1953-1962
and the caustelies were beetween 98-108 million
17495354 (1).png

17495354 (1).png

The Polish border doesn't really make sense in that context, since it's a Soviet creation in our world. And is that a Japanese puppet China?

Status
Not open for further replies.