Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still lol'ing over the name.
Loindici. :D

It's quite poetic actually, but I don't think any French possession would be named like that. "Antipodes Françaises" would sound more natural. As for the capital, it would have probably be named after Bougainville, the most famous French explorer of the Pacific.

Hey guys, I'm working a map that is pretty huge (because its a street by street view of a major city). Any way I can make it a bearable size when I eventualy post it here?

Poking around in a local game reminded me of a long, lost project I thought up during the boring period of my life
(the REALLY boring period at any rate) called the Unified Earth Front. I thought up a future scenario, that would have started in 1997, where the
countries of Earth united into a single world-state. The movement came from third-world and former colonies, in an attempt to band together
against neocolonialism, imperialism and such. Well, here's a map I put together from my memory.

Unified Earth Front.PNG

Poking around in a local game reminded me of a long, lost project I thought up during the boring period of my life
(the REALLY boring period at any rate) called the Unified Earth Front. I thought up a future scenario, that would have started in 1997, where the
countries of Earth united into a single world-state. The movement came from third-world and former colonies, in an attempt to band together
against neocolonialism, imperialism and such. Well, here's a map I put together from my memory.

Australia, New Zealand, Lebanon, South Korea, and South africa as third world countries?

EDIT: Costa Rica is also not third-world.

Australia, New Zealand, Lebanon, South Korea, and South africa as third world countries?

EDIT: Costa Rica is also not third-world.

AND former colonies. Please read it all before you nitpick. Afterwards, feel free to nitpick all you want.

I posted earlier versions of these two maps a couple days ago, but I've revised them since. They are for a timeline that's still in its formative stage. To sum it up, European civilization falls prior to the period of overseas exploration and colonization, and other civilizations fill the power gap and dominate world history thenceforth. (Hence, "The Heirs to History.")

The maps are of the world just before and just after a global war which takes place in the 21st century. Each nation is listed on the right next to its color, with its capital city in parentheses. I followed Roberto's Unified Color Scheme where I could, though I made Turkey orange because its green was too similar to that of Arabia. The tiny white spots on the map are where the capitals of each nation are located.

Here's the world pre-war:

World Map HTH Pre-War.png

Eurasia 1715

Between 1710 and 1715 there were many changes throughout Europe.

In 1711, Russia annexed the Baltic duchies and unified them into the Grand Baltic Duchy under their rule. This action caused minor instabilities within the Belorussian and Ukrainian territories, which were granted Duchy status within the Empire.

Also in 1711, the King of Denmark, Frederick IV, died without a proper heir. His wife, having died the year before due to "Blood Lung," left all of Denmark without any official leader. Sweden, Norway, and the German Empire all laid claims towards the crown of Denmark. The following year, Norway lost its monarchy in a terrible shipwreck. As Denmark and Norway both saw Sweden as a more natural successor than Germany, both nations crowned the Swedish king, Charles XII, as the King of Denmark and King of Norway. Charles XII then declared that all of Scandinavia be unified under a single banner, as a single nation, and an Empire that would deter the outside influence of non Scandinavian peoples. Germany and the new Empire of Scandinavia fought a bloody war over the lands that were formerly Denmark. By the end of 1714, both nations had sustained heavy casualties. Though Germany had the strategic and technological advantage, Sweden had the blessing of the people. On December 21st, Sweden launched its final offensive. as the Germans fought to keep control of Jutland, Swedish forces captured Gotland, Bronholm, and the entire Danish Archipelago. Sweden then launched an offensive into Schleswig. At this moment, German forces were entirely surrounded in Jutland. On Christmas Eve 1714, Germany and Sweden signed a treaty to end the war. Known as the Christmas Treaty of 1714, it established a great many things. Most notably:

• German control of Schleswig was solidified indefinitely.
  • The German Empire would recognize Scandinavian domination of Denmark.
  • The German Emperor would crown Charles XII Emperor of all Scandinavia
  • The German and Scandinavian Empires would never again fight a war against one another. (no WWII invasion. sorry. :D)
In early 1714, Finland lost Karelia to general unrest. that same year, the Finnish king died. Sweden had been in personal union with Finland for some time, and used the Royal marriage to have Finland return to Swedish control.

In 1713, Hungary and Romania came to an agreement over the border dispute, as Serbia was becoming too much of a threat to both nations. Romania ceded ethnically Hungarian territories to Hungary, and Hungary was to pay for reparations towards Romania for 5 years. Meanwhile, Serbia had showed a massive display of force. A "Territorial Question" had been "Answered" by Serbia as they tried to invade and annex Greek Macedonia. Though they were not successful, Serbia proved that they were capable of fighting all of their neighbors who were weaker than Greece. Romania and Hungary were far superior to Greece when it came to their army, but they lacked the numbers that the Greeks had. Serbia turned towards the whole of the Balkans, many of these duchies were still under the rule of Russian dukes. Bulgaria however, had declared itself a fully independent kingdom that same year, which gave the Serbian King an idea. The Serbian King thought that Bulgaria would be the perfect addition to Serbia, and by extension, would give Serbia the power needed to conquer the rest of the Slavic Balkans. He knew however, that at least one Illyrian Nation would have to come under his control first before Bulgaria would even begin to crumble. Serbia entered a Dynastic Union with Montenegro to gain access to a Navy as well as bolster their Army. The Montenegrin King however, did not want Serbia to dominate their nation and broke the union within the year. Serbia used this to gain support for an invasion of Montenegro. By the end of 1714, Serbia had entered Montenegro and was gaining ground at the expense of Montenegro.

Eurasia as of January 1st 1715

Europe 1715.png

Europe 1715.png

It is the year 1800, and this is a world where Columbus never sailed west, for a lack of financing. It is far different, particularly in the Americas where only isolated European settlements exist, and most of the land remains Terra Incognita, from darkest Mer Douce [1] to the rumored lands of the Inka, or perhaps the fabled cities of the Shocolteca, where the streets run red with blood for their heathen god, or the Great River said to longer then most seas are wide.

To the northwest of Baccaliue[2] A small group of European settlements crowd around the Gulf of Beotuk, trapped the powerful Nine fires confederacy and their own complacency. Mostly a stop for the cod fishermen and some odd religious radicals now that the fur trade has dried up, they're slowly sinking into obscurity, particularly now that the French have been isolated and are mostly unable to expand.

Southwards, the colonies of Cabrolia[3] (for North and South Americaare not thought to be connected or related, as expeditions to Mesoamerica have been fought with failure and rare) are more profitable rich with the sugar industry, if also isolated by the highlands and the strange dark forests of the Mer Douce basin. The Portuguese were the original settlers, a stopping point for those heading to Africa, but once the Sugar industry became profitable the French and Dutch both settled colonies. Today, they are strange lands, mostly used for sugar and a stopping point for those trying to go under Cabrolia and northwards across the Pacific to the rich and distant Asia.

Deep in the halls of Muscovy, the Tsar broods and thinks over the new information just received. His finest scholars have lined far distant Alyeska, a colony he has triumphed in recent years after the defeats in the west and for their rich trade in furs and good land,to the strange lands of Baccalieu, from new maps his finest explorers have made. If this is true then his great eastern continent may be far larger then he ever imagined and perhaps far richer.

And all the while the natives grow stronger, gaining guns and immunity to the western diseases. The Horse Lords of the Plains face their greatest enemy in the kingdom of the Natchez, who receive guns and swords from their northern neighbor, the unified Huron and Iriqouis, while to the south the great Empire of Xocol has risen from the ashes of plague and disease, ready to conquer the world in the name of their terrible Sun and Fire god, wielding Bronze and the strange explosive devices from the North. The Tawantinsuyu[4] has united itself, with the Quechua rising to fill the empty lands of the plague their hands raised in adoration to their Emperor, whose lineage was free from disease for the entirety of the dark years[5], and who now carefully controls access to the strange White Men from the South, odd and irregular visitors but with the most fascinating technology...

[1]The Amazon, the 'sweet sea' because it's so large and freshwater
[2]North America, a corrupted version of "the land of cod" so named because the cod fishermen got there first.
[3]Named for Cabral, their discoverer.
[4]land of the four Quarters, the incan Empire to OTLers.
[5]If not from sudden random deaths when strange spots appeared, but....

Nikephoros

Banned
Mali Empire in 1400 - starting point of my EU3(MMP2) game/possibly AAR, where I`ll try to prevent their decline and modernise.

mali.gif

Are valid starts now possible with that date?

BTW, has the rebellion intense Ottomans been fixed by the advanced religion system? The Sunni Minority/Community seems to cut down on the revolt rate.

I was playing as them, but I took the diplomatic approach because I thought the other option was mostly AI. Although having more cores would be nice, but the money I got from the diplomatic approach was tempting as well.

That religion system does appear to work right. My small Sunni Community in my greek dominated Constantinople turned perfectly into a Turkish Constantinople with a small Orthodox minority. Sounds right:cool:

But I quit that game because I wanted those cores so I could expand historically.

Status
Not open for further replies.