Map Contest Entry Poll

Do you wan to enter the Map Contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diamond

Banned
Question: Can you use maps you've had for some time, or do they have to be made in these two weeks?
I would say they have to be new maps. Unfair advantage otherwise. Although I suppose you could edit one of your existing ones (not someone else's!), though the degree of editing to make it 'new' would be kind of a gray area...

To keep it simple I say - new maps. What do the other judges think? Who are the other judges anyway? I think Shadow Knight and --?

Fine then.... I'll finish this one up and put it in the MT.

When will the contest begin?

Does a three-day weekend count as an unfair advantage? :p

Well I made the map with pen and markers, now I'm just cleaning up with paint... Its hard as hell so I say at least 2 weeks...

Diamond

Banned
Seems like the first thing that should be done is for the judges to PM each other and work out what the first challenge should be.

My thoughts were that we should set it up perhaps like some of the reality shows - give a particular challenge and grade each entrant on how well they respond to it. Then they can be winnowed down week to week until we're left with three or four at the end.

Five Map Challanges should be set-up;

One should be POD based
One should be request based
One should be ease of challange based
and Two free-form

Keenir

Banned
Five Map Challanges should be set-up;

One should be POD based
One should be request based
One should be ease of challange based
and Two free-form

"ease of challenge"?

what, when compeditors are graded by how easy and non-challenging the challenge was for them? :confused:

Right, so no objections?

I now appoint myself as the third judge--and there's nothing you can do about it.

Diamond, Shadow Knight:
Pantsless Abomination said:
Seems like the first thing that should be done is for the judges to PM each other and work out what the first challenge should be.

Diamond

Banned
Right, so no objections?

I now appoint myself as the third judge--and there's nothing you can do about it.

Diamond, Shadow Knight:
Works for me. SK had a pretty good schematic for the challenges; ask him to PM it to you. If you don't have any objections on it we're good.