Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen and the Paratime stories

H. Beam Piper (now deceased) wrote a series of stories, collectively refered to as the "PARATIME" stories, and "LORD KALVAN OF OTHERWHEN" was one of them. There was also a sequel, called "GREAT KING'S WAR" which was written after Piper's death, by two other authors (can't recall their names ).

I greatly enjoyed reading these books,(there was also a short story following GREAT KING'S WAR) but I have seen nothing further written about them for 25 years or so.

Does anyone know if there were ever any further stories written?

Was there ever a siege of Balph?

I have these books in an omnibus collection from the Science Fiction Book Club... I'm pretty sure this collection has all there is. The Lord Kalvan story ends with him becoming the Emperor or whatever, and while there is certainly plenty of room for sequels, there aren't any...

Details?

I know that he's named "great King" of Hos-Hostigos after the events in Piper's book, Lord kalvan of Otherwhen, and that as Great King, he fights two major campaigns in the sequel, winning both, but any further adventures after that are quite sketchy. In the third (short) story, King Kalvan runs a campaign in the Ohio country, and ultimately commands a (temporary) army of aproximately 250,000 men (including a large force of Amerinds(they arn't called that)).

What I want to see is the sequel to that, whereby King Kalvan lead an army against Balph and the temple of Syphon. Not going to happen, is it?

Good news: there are sequels.

Bad news: They're written by other guys, and as such suffer the problems of sequels written by someone else (e.g., Scarlett, the (enh) sequel to Gone With the Wind).

The books are Great Kings' War , Siege of Tarr-Hostigos, and Kalvan Kingmaker, the first one by John F. Carr and Roland Green, the second two by Carr alone. Since they have Kalvan being defeated by a huge army the Temple of Styphon had, but hadn't brought up earlier, and fleeing into the Ohio River Valley, I don't think they are quite what you were looking for.

But if you really want to know more,

http://hostigos.com