League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, 2010:

Just gotta clarify this/get this off my chest otherwise it will be bugging me all night that I didn't: Anyone from Bioshock, Halo, TL-191, WW2 can't be in LoEG 2010 because they weren't alive in 2010. Sorry.
Ah, but Bioshock's PCs were 30 or so at the time. Jack lives well into old age, so he could easily survive, what with ADAM and all. Delta, well, Delta does die. He's still awesome though.

Ah, but Bioshock's PCs were 30 or so at the time. Jack lives well into old age, so he could easily survive, what with ADAM and all. Delta, well, Delta does die. He's still awesome though.

He is totally awesome and dying doesn't always stop LoEG characters. Capt. Nemo supposedly died but Alan Moore had him 'fake' his death

Eh, I'll give it a shot. For a League team with good dynamics, I feel you have to have a mix of people that work well together and those that don't. They also should provide complimentary skills, but sometimes this can be fudged for someone that just rounds out the team. One female is usually the constant. A anti-hero or a conscripted villain would also be interesting.

Trying to stick to original books that take place around late 90s to 2010:

Handler: John Clark (Tom Clancy series)

Operatives:

Leader/Techie: Hiroaki Protagonist (Snow Crash)

Femme Fatale/Android: Rachael Rosen (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?)

Lancer/Magic: Harry Potter (JK Rowling series)

Mastermind/Schizo: Jack/Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

Wildcard/Loner: Shogo Kawada (Battle Royale)
1051744642_esyamamoto.jpg

Villains:
Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
Antoin Chighur (No Country for Old Men)
Ice-Nine (Cat's Cradle Series)

Last edited:
Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)
V (V for Vindetta)
Roarshach (Watchmen)
Gregory House (House)
Qui Gon Jinn (Star Wars)
Richard the Warlock (Looking For Group)
Dick Winters (Band of Brothers)
Ian Malcolm (Jurassic Park Books)
and Chester Martin (TL-191)

Adversaries:
Hands of Blue (Firefly)
General Grievious (Star Wars)
Jake Featherston (TL-191)

and I realize alot wouldn't work due to decades/death but those are my top pics

A lot of these pics are wildly inappropriate. Most of the characters that are used in the LoEG mythos are related to the cultural zeitgeist of the era they inhabit. So many of peoples choices are too obscure, or come from settings that are unrelated to 2010 Earth.

Watchmen characters? Maybe in a 1980's Watchmen. Jurassic Park characters? A 1990's Watchmen mileau, sure. Star Wars, Firefly characters? No.

A lot of these pics are wildly inappropriate. Most of the characters that are used in the LoEG mythos are related to the cultural zeitgeist of the era they inhabit. So many of peoples choices are too obscure, or come from settings that are unrelated to 2010 Earth.

Watchmen characters? Maybe in a 1980's Watchmen. Jurassic Park characters? A 1990's Watchmen mileau, sure. Star Wars, Firefly characters? No.
Exactly. The whole point to the LoEG was to use cultural icons, people that everyone knew well.

Which unfortunately does mean that Harry Potter IS a shoe-in, not only because he's an iconic part of current media culture, but also because, unlike most of the choices listed here, he can actually live on an Earth outside/only mildly a part of his normal universe. Whereas Star Wars characters couldn't.

That said, I can't come up with any other choices. A lot of what I'm aware of being part of contemporary culture can't dwell on our Earth. (Otherwise I might've suggested something like Rodney McKay for wizzbang scientist.)

second problem would be the Use of TL-191 characters.

1984 is ok, the Race from Worldwar might be stretching it, but they fit.

that would be pretty cool thought, agents J and K breifly join up with the League to Battle the Joint Skrull-Cyberman-Race infiltration of earth.

Neither TL-191 or Worldwar have anything to do with the 2010 zeitgeist. They're far too obscure.

Matrix was allegedly set at least a hundred years or more after 2010. But it has the right cultural relevance, so there might be a way to work it in. Perhaps combining it with Terminator, and making it into a 'possible' future world. Lots of time travel shenanigans could be harmonized that way.

Yep, and Back then, I had this as a Possible List; Complete with Black Ops-Style Code Names:

Mythbusters
Adam "Red-Beard The Savage"
Kari "Undeniably Hot" Byron
James "Jaime" Hyneman

Medical
Dr. Gregory "Mad House"
Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley
Dr. Eric "Fourteen" Foreman

Investigative
Adrian "Captain Cool" Monk
Natalie "Assistant" Teeger

Wit-Sec
Marshall Mary "Complicated" Shannon
Marshall Marshall "Marshall" Marshall

So, What do you Guys Think?

Yep, and Back then, I had this as a Possible List; Complete with Black Ops-Style Code Names:

Mythbusters
Adam "Red-Beard The Savage"
Kari "Undeniably Hot" Byron
James "Jaime" Hyneman

Medical
Dr. Gregory "Mad House"
Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley
Dr. Eric "Fourteen" Foreman

Investigative
Adrian "Captain Cool" Monk
Natalie "Assistant" Teeger

Wit-Sec
Marshall Mary "Complicated" Shannon
Marshall Marshall "Marshall" Marshall

So, What do you Guys Think?
Bring in Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster, and you've got a deal. :D

Bring in Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster, and you've got a deal. :D
I Almost Added Both them and The Team from Burn Notice ...

But, Then it Just got SO Unwieldy!

Add into that, When I got on an SVU Kick; Plus The Idea of Adding a Caricature of Myself, in as a Joke Character ...

So, What do you Think, Second-Stringers?

:p

I Almost Added Both them and The Team from Burn Notice ...

But, Then it Just got SO Unwieldy!

Add into that, When I got on an SVU Kick; Plus The Idea of Adding a Caricature of Myself, in as a Joke Character ...

So, What do you Think, Second-Stringers?

:p
I still think we need Shawn and Gus. I mean, Monk needs a real foil, not just his assistant. Imagine how Shawn and Monk would work together. Total dream team there.

However, as Fenrir states, we need MOAR DAKKA.

I recommend...hmm...Solid Snake. :D

I still think we need Shawn and Gus. I mean, Monk needs a real foil, not just his assistant. Imagine how Shawn and Monk would work together. Total dream team there.

However, as Fenrir states, we need MOAR DAKKA.

I recommend...hmm...Solid Snake. :D
Stuff Nightmares are Made of, you Mean ...

Monk CONSTANTLY Trying to Penetrate Spencer's Secret; All Leading up to a Denoument, Wherein his New Step-Daughter gets Shawn to Confess to her in Front of an Open Microphone!

As for Moar Dakka ...

Have you Ever Seen The Episode of Mythbusters, Where they Cut a Tree in HALF with a Mini-Gun?

:eek: