jcw3's Map Thread

Jcw3

Banned
I have never watched the show.
Is it on Netflix?

I'm afraid not. I streamed it when I was first getting into it, that was the hiatus before Season 3 (the last), I think. I used piracy sites, and I'm not even sure if that particular site is still up. The rest I watched live.

Bear in mind everything outside of the Americas and West/Central Europe is original, not reflective of the show's lore except in my own interpretation.

Jcw3

Banned
zRQRhAJ.png

Work continues. I might edit the Middle East and the Omsk Earth Republic, maybe touch up the post-Arkfall India geography a bit, but aside from that, all I have left is the rest of Asia, Australia and Oceania. Thankfully, Australia is mostly uninhabited, so that makes my job a lot easier. Hopefully done with the map tomorrow, write-up in a couple of days. I'll post the full map with write-up and legend in both this thread and the main map thread.

Jcw3

Banned
Will you do an ISOT of the Philippines to a virgin Earth or sometime period when the Philippines was under spanish rule?

Probably not, because I don't know very much about the Philippines, or at least, not enough to make a map solely about it.

Jcw3

Banned
With the news of HBO's new Confederate show coming soon, I've decided to make a doodle of what I consider to be a realistic modern-day surviving Confederate States of America.

QEx18T6.png

Humiliated by the United States in the Second Civil War, the CSA was deemed too much trouble to reintegrate, and was broken apart as much as they could be by the United States. In the modern day, the CSA is a banana republic under American influence and occupation, with the indentured blacks and whites waging a rebellion in the swamps and mountains, and American corporations look on expectantly as they prepare to exploit the powderkeg that is the collapsing CSA.

jcw3's HBO's CONFEDERATE points out that while the CSA still exists in this universe, its economic policies and habits of alienating its neighbors mean that it was easy pickings in a rematch, and only its nature of being too inconvenient to fully swallow allowed it to keep its independence.

Jcw3

Banned
I can gel with that for sure. They gonna gain when the CSA kicks the bucket I hope?

Most definitely. I still don't have a name for them, they're probably the most interesting country in that doodle. Mississippi is obvious, but a bit bland.

CannedTech

Banned
Most definitely. I still don't have a name for them, they're probably the most interesting country in that doodle. Mississippi is obvious, but a bit bland.

I'd suggest Yazoo or Libertaria, but I feel like those have been done to death... Magnolia maybe?

Jcw3

Banned
With the news of HBO's new Confederate show coming soon, I've decided to make a doodle of what I consider to be a realistic modern-day surviving Confederate States of America.

QEx18T6.png

Humiliated by the United States in the Second Civil War, the CSA was deemed too much trouble to reintegrate, and was broken apart as much as they could be by the United States. In the modern day, the CSA is a banana republic under American influence and occupation, with the indentured blacks and whites waging a rebellion in the swamps and mountains, and American corporations look on expectantly as they prepare to exploit the powderkeg that is the collapsing CSA.

jcw3's HBO's CONFEDERATE points out that while the CSA still exists in this universe, its economic policies and habits of alienating its neighbors mean that it was easy pickings in a rematch, and only its nature of being too inconvenient to fully swallow allowed it to keep its independence.

And here is a sequel doodle, twenty years (2037) after the collapse of the Confederate States of America, and the consolidation of the North American Community. The Republic of Magnolia, a leftist, mixed-economy, majority black state, remains friendly with the United States, helping to occupy a good many lands the United States couldn't afford or was unwilling to manage on its own, but controversy is erupting over what is perceived in Washington as Magnolia's intrusion into their client state of Tupelo.

e8aSoEH.png

Jcw3

Banned
bDxFbHD.png

Do you guys remember that series I did ages ago, of random countries ISOTed to a Virgin Earth? Well, I've rebooted it...except with the countries from September 1939. Europe is the only thing even close to finished.

Here are the current lists.
Denmark, Danzig, Portugal, Iran, Latvia, Iraq, Uruguay, Bolivia

Ireland, Monaco, Canada, Andorra, Lithuania, Argentina, Venezuela, Cuba

Vatican City, Tibet, Nepal, China (Nationalist), Yugoslavia, Dominican Republic, Czechoslovakia, Liechtenstein

Paraguay, El Salvador, United States, Soviet Union, Sweden, New Zealand, Honduras, Guatemala

Tuva, Switzerland, Netherlands, Egypt, Belgium, Yemen, Japan, Poland

Romania, Chile, Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Colombia, Finland, Afghanistan

Panama, United Kingdom, Albania, Peru, Australia, South Africa, China (Communist), Iceland

Haiti, San Marino, Nicaragua, Luxembourg, Norway, Manchukou, Estonia, Ecuador

Brazil, Liberia, France, Mongolia, Mexico, Costa Rica, Hungary, Xinjiang

Mengjiang, Siam, Greece, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria

bDxFbHD.png

Do you guys remember that series I did ages ago, of random countries ISOTed to a Virgin Earth? Well, I've rebooted it...except with the countries from September 1939. Europe is the only thing even close to finished.

Vatican City, Tibet, Nepal, China (Nationalist), Yugoslavia, Dominican Republic, Czechoslovakia, Liechtenstein

Paraguay, El Salvador, United States, Soviet Union, Sweden, New Zealand, Honduras, Guatemala

Panama, United Kingdom, Albania, Peru, Australia, South Africa, China (Communist), Iceland

No Philippines?

bDxFbHD.png

The big pre WW2 colonial empires will make things even more interesting this time around. But the colonies established beafore the ISOT have native populations, this makes independence very likely compared to post event colonies with no native population.

Jcw3

Banned
8P2WkeU.png

An idea I had, of a world with a decentralized New Spanish hyperpower with a POD in the early 1700s. DIdn't like the way the basemap was working, it had a ton of issues, like the Manitoban lakes, two Bermudas, two Jamaicas, so until I can find a better map, this one is on hold.

zRQRhAJ.png

Work continues. I might edit the Middle East and the Omsk Earth Republic, maybe touch up the post-Arkfall India geography a bit, but aside from that, all I have left is the rest of Asia, Australia and Oceania. Thankfully, Australia is mostly uninhabited, so that makes my job a lot easier. Hopefully done with the map tomorrow, write-up in a couple of days. I'll post the full map with write-up and legend in both this thread and the main map thread.
So what is the purple nation if you don't mind me asking?

Jcw3

Banned
So what is the purple nation if you don't mind me asking?

The Votanis Collective.

Unfortunately, the good Defiance wiki at thief.nov.ru is shut down, so I'm forced to give you this inferior version. I'm a bit too busy to explain the history and lore of Defiance right now, but I highly recommend the show, and I think it's very good.

EDIT: Wow, that wiki article does not explain it well enough. Here's a link to the actual Wikipedia page for the show.