Ideal world map

Gian

Banned
Hmm...a France split between Gallicanism AND Calvinism is quite amusing to me.

And of course, mighty Polish Intermarum. :biggrin:

I can't make out Japan's religion, though. Is it Christianity, or am I going color blind?

It's still Nestorian Christianity blended with Shinto rites that's the dominant faith in most of Japan (with Catholicism in the western cities).

Meanwhile, Shinto in the prevalent faith in Tohoku and Echigo

That flag is commonly used among the very small community of Manchurian seperatists. The flag of Manchukuo couldn't be used because of it's connection with the Japanese and the meaning of the flag in itself wouldn't make much sense in that timeline. I also decided against using the flag of the Qing Dynasty (even if I absolutely love that flag) because of it's connections to China, Manchuria hijacking the Imperial Yellow and dragon for it's own flag would no doubt cause FYROM/Greece-like controversy. I decided that a flag with symbolism less attatched to China and a little more more uniquely Manchurian would be ideal, the Flag of the Emperor of Manchukuo fit this purpose very well.

If you have any further questions or complaints regarding my map I'd be glad to hear them.
I understand your point, but the flag of the Emperor of Manchukuo is the flag of the Emperor of Manchukuo and does have its ties to Japan the same way the Golden Dragon flag does with China as a whole.
Maybe the Bordered Yellow Banner, banner of the Emperor himself would work better?
But that aside, doesn't the blue sky, red sun flag of the ROC symbolize a dictatorship? Why not the Five races flag? Or at least the 18 stars flag if you're making China a Han state?
Again, sorry for being nitpicky.
And what about Kashmir or Assam?
And if you're giving Han majority regions of Manchuria, Inner Mongolia, Xinjiang/Ugyhristan/Dzungaria/whatever and Qinghai, why not give Mexico the American Southwest and Ireland the remainder of Ulster?
I hope I don't end up being too annoying and if I do, I apologise.o_O After all, it's your ideal world and I won't press my ideals upon it.

Last edited:
Hmm...a France split between Gallicanism AND Calvinism is quite amusing to me.

And of course, mighty Polish Intermarum. :biggrin:

I can't make out Japan's religion, though. Is it Christianity, or am I going color blind?

It's Shinto. Slightly different color.

Actually... Are we to see Nestorian Mongols into Korea/Japan? It may be a Nestorian/Shinto nation. Different.

Middle East (outside of Iran) is done:

Rj0xs9t.png

Any comments?
Any chance if Nestorians in Iraq?

I understand your point, but the flag of the Emperor of Manchukuo is the flag of the Emperor of Manchukuo and does have its ties to Japan
Not as much, as said the few Manchu seperatists that do exist use this flag. While a large chunk of Chinese and Japanese would recognize the Manchukuo National Flag and associate it with the warcrimes of WW2, far fewer people recognize the flag of the Emperor of Manchukuo, and it generally doesn't carry the same negative qualifications.

Maybe the Bordered Yellow Banner, banner of the Emperor himself would work better?
That one looks nice, however I feel it again has the same issue the Qing flag has. The fact that yellow unofficially became the color of the Manchu during the Republic of China was already enough to upset Han Chinese (usurping the Imperial Yellow and all) so I think you catch my drift.

But that aside, doesn't the blue sky, red sun flag of the ROC symbolize a dictatorship? Why not the Five races flag? Or at least the 18 stars flag if you're making China a Han state?
It doesn't really, sure under Chiank Kai-shek Nationalist China was pretty much an outright dictatorship, but I'm fairly certain a surviving RoC would slowly make more democratic reforms (or atleast be more accepting of it than the CCP are), not to mention they would have some extra applied pressure from the US, being a US ally and all.

I did consider the Five Races Under One Union flag, but that flag would make absolutely no sense with a Han-only (largely) state. As Red is considered by many to be the Han color, the KMT flag made the most sense, not to mention this flag is still used today by the very democratic Republic of China, so I'd say it's lost it's associations with dictatorship quite a long time ago.

And what about Kashmir or Assam?
I honestly did not want to get into that whole can of worms

Gian

Banned
Interesting. I like it.
Are languages any different in this world? Does the U.K. still speak English?

Yes, England still speaks English, but Egyptian is now prevalent in Egypt and Tunisian (a Southern Romance language) is prevalent in Tunisia

Speaking of my map, East Asia's done (someone should really make a TL based on this):
V9a1Tvg.png

fashbasher

Banned
Middle East (outside of Iran) is done:

Rj0xs9t.png

Any comments?

>ideal

>includes Wahhabism

Personally, I don't think that such an extreme ideology has any place in an ideal world, but I guess that's just me. I also don't think the Altaic language family is universally accepted, much less it being related to Uralic.

Gian

Banned
>ideal

>includes Wahhabism

Personally, I don't think that such an extreme ideology has any place in an ideal world, but I guess that's just me. I also don't think the Altaic language family is universally accepted, much less it being related to Uralic.

About It Uralo-Altaic, it's just a simplification so that I can fit the language families more easily in a limited space.

0attachment1terraformednew_by_lee_hun_took-dbg39g8.png

A terraformed world map of idealized local trans-national supranational economic unions, including Atlantis and Zealandia as continents, and the Sea of Chad in central Africa. Large dots in the center of each union are the central hubs, or capital regions of each union. One in a series more detailed maps to follow.
No Doggerland? 0/10

0attachment1terraformednew_by_lee_hun_took-dbg39g8.png

A terraformed world map of idealized local trans-national supranational economic unions, including Atlantis and Zealandia as continents, and the Sea of Chad in central Africa. Large dots in the center of each union are the central hubs, or capital regions of each union. One in a series more detailed maps to follow.
Yo, this looks really cool! Do you happen to have a base version?

Yes, England still speaks English, but Egyptian is now prevalent in Egypt and Tunisian (a Southern Romance language) is prevalent in Tunisia

Speaking of my map, East Asia's done (someone should really make a TL based on this):
This looks like it has a lot in common with what I put in my last "ideal world" map (which I didn't finish), except there are a few big differences such as less Protestantism in Europe, a German Silesia, and no Austria-screw (and also the craftsmanship in yours is better).

Skallagrim

Banned
The best of all possible worlds.

And how are the Americans enjoying the inevitable dominance of the Beijing-Delhi axis? Cause the legend may say "United States of America", but this looks more like the United States of China, India, and Everybody-else-can-come-out-and-play-too-I-guess. :p