Heart of Dixie: A Timeline

I've always thought the Confederacy would be a nation ripe for Communist agitation. I mean who'd hire a worker/pay them fairly if you can use slaves instead. It's a system ripe for worker abuse and as such, ripe for a workers revolution. Can't wait!

I'm not crazy about the gritty reboot but I'm still eagerly awaiting this timeline. I just want the Confederacy to stay independent long enough to pull out of the economic malaise it's in in that post.

This new darker-toned version is a good deal different than v1.0, but I'm excited to see it come to fruition! :extremelyhappy:

Fyi, I for one fully support WV's Dixie-ness, especially if it factors into the "Rise of the Southron Proletariat".

When does it start?
Probably around July or August.
I've always thought the Confederacy would be a nation ripe for Communist agitation. I mean who'd hire a worker/pay them fairly if you can use slaves instead. It's a system ripe for worker abuse and as such, ripe for a workers revolution. Can't wait!
Glad you think so! It has many similarities to the Russian Empire for sure.
I'm not crazy about the gritty reboot but I'm still eagerly awaiting this timeline. I just want the Confederacy to stay independent long enough to pull out of the economic malaise it's in in that post.
We will have to say that things will certainly get interesting. I don't know if darker is the right thing just...more realisitic. Lots more research this time around.
This new darker-toned version is a good deal different than v1.0, but I'm excited to see it come to fruition! :extremelyhappy:

Fyi, I for one fully support WV's Dixie-ness, especially if it factors into the "Rise of the Southron Proletariat".
I'm glad you're looking forward to not and truly hope you enjoy it :)

Whenever this TL comes to fruition (and I mean it, take all the time you need AFAIC), it'll truly be something glorious!

FWIW the map itself is really damn good, not at all seeing any nits particularly justified in being picked (at least, anything more than Trivial :rolleyes:).

Whenever this TL comes to fruition (and I mean it, take all the time you need AFAIC), it'll truly be something glorious!

FWIW the map itself is really damn good, not at all seeing any nits particularly justified in being picked (at least, anything more than Trivial :rolleyes:).
I don't know if there will be a new TL. People picked just the map to death until I was crying and deleted it. I can't imagine what it'd be like on the TL itself. I don't want to post here ever again. I'm worthless and can't make shit. I'm done.

I don't know if there will be a new TL. People picked just the map to death until I was crying and deleted it. I can't imagine what it'd be like on the TL itself. I don't want to post here ever again. I'm worthless and can't make shit. I'm done.

For you:

255440-Sending-You-Teddy-Bear-Hugs.gif

Don't let those people bring you down there just jealous of your map making and storytelling heck your the reason why I'm here quoting you today so don't let those critics make you feel worthless your map and writing are great.

You are not worthless. Heart of Dixie and When Hearts Were Entertaining June were two of my all-time favorite timelines on this website. Your fine attention to detail made those worlds come to life within your timelines. Before Heart of Dixie, I hadn't read anything that addressed the issue of food and drink within the alternate timeline. Including the minutia of life in those timelines make them feel more like real worlds rather than hypothetical scenarios. As far as I'm concerned Heart of Dixie is the best Civil War timeline since The Black And the Grey.

I'm.....truly sorry, Toix. :(

You are definitely a talented storyteller and mapmaker, and I've enjoyed both of your TLs, especially Heart of Dixie. I hope you'll reconsider.

Last edited:
Dammit, I was so interested in a reboot of this TL. You are an amazing storyteller, and know that you are respected and held in great regard among us. :(

That is a dramatic change over a single day. You are one of the best cartographers and writers on this site.

Dammit, I was so interested in a reboot of this TL. You are an amazing storyteller, and know that you are respected and held in great regard among us. :(
I want to tell it, but I'm terrified that it will end up like yesterday where most of the comments are just streams of people telling me how everything I did was wrong no matter how much research I do or work I put into it. Yesterday was terrifying and awful for me and I don't want that to ever happen again. And it hurts because I want to do the reboot so badly and have so much already planned and drawn up.
That is a dramatic change over a single day. You are one of the best cartographers and writers on this site.
It was an incredibly bad day after a string of bad days that had the bonus of comment after comment telling me that the one thing I thought I had done right was completely wrong. It broke me utterly and they wouldn't stop even after I begged them to and deleted the maps, to the point I had to close my artwork thread. I imagine I'm still blamed and it's my fault as well, so little will have changed, so I'm terrified to post on here again.

People on this site tend to be overly critical of stand alone maps. But when they get even the most amateurish superficial map in a time-line everyone is so grateful for the visual aid they never criticise.
Honestly, this is a problem within the professional cartography business as well. Very cut-throat. From what I've heard, I've never had to deal with it myself.

I understand the pain of having your work criticised like that. My early work was done on now long defunct sites, but I still have some of the harsher comments stuck in my head. I haven't written anything since. You already handled this a lot better than I ever did.
In this thread at least we are very excited about your work and we would be grateful should you choose to continue.

People on this site tend to be overly critical of stand alone maps. But when they get even the most amateurish superficial map in a time-line everyone is so grateful for the visual aid they never criticise.
Honestly, this is a problem within the professional cartography business as well. Very cut-throat. From what I've heard, I've never had to deal with it myself.

I understand the pain of having your work criticised like that. My early work was done on now long defunct sites, but I still have some of the harsher comments stuck in my head. I haven't written anything since. You already handled this a lot better than I ever did.
In this thread at least we are very excited about your work and we would be grateful should you choose to continue.
I may just only post stuff within the new timeline thread itself and avoid the rest. And yeah sadly I've heard about that too. I have a pro friend of mine who had his work ridiculed because it was slightly off. It's a tough world. I'm sorry how you've been treated as well. I'll at least probably do the reboot anyway if only because I'm already too deeply into it

I literally just found this story and I want to say that it is VERY good! One of the best Confederacy timelines we've had here in a very, very long time. Most timelines I read usually start off with exciting action and taper off and usually never end, but this one is really well written and exciting. :)

Also, keep strong. As a fellow author and cartographer I completely understand what you are going through and how things like that can get to you. A lot of comments on my work too has kept me up at night worried if it was a good idea to post it, and people who like it will only 'like' while critics will be the only posters. It has always been my opinion that criticisms should only be given if directly asked for. Anyways, I'm rambling, just know that I think you make many great maps and have written a very good story here. :)

Just thought it would be nice to do a little comparison between the first map I ever posted for this TL and the first one for the next TL

August 2013:

HxaVUiO.png

May 2017:

jZb0USu.jpg

Also, not to tease too much, but would anyone like to see the very first part of the new TL as a final teaser before the new TL begins posting? It should be up starting in August 2017, with an entire 30 updates worth of content or so ready to go.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the sight of a bigger Confederate map more, but I'm ready to see where this new TL goes