Grigori Rasputin Dies young.

In OTL, this event occured:"One day, when Rasputin was playing with his brother, Dmitri fell into a pond and Rasputin jumped in to save him. They were both pulled out of the water by a passerby but Dmitri eventually died of pneumonia." (via wiki)

So now, they both die...
The year is roughly 1875 (very roughly)

What happens?

Wikipedia says this of his possible importance:
"It has been argued that Rasputin helped to discredit the tsarist government, leading to the fall of the Romanov dynasty, in 1917. Contemporary opinions saw Rasputin variously as a saintly mystic, visionary, healer and prophet or, on the contrary, as a debauched religious charlatan. There has been much uncertainty over Rasputin's life and influence as accounts of his life have often been based on dubious memoirs, hearsay and legend."

Last edited:
You know i tend to avoid killing the old and kids in rp and AH. Just a small superstition, but i would watch your luck.

Anyways could butterflies actually cause Alexi to die? Thats going to open up a whole can of fan hitter.

Frankly, seeing as Empress Alexandra is, what, 3 at this point in time, she may never even marry Nicholas. In fact, Mikhail Alexandrovich (Nicholas' brother) isn't born yet. Assuming N and A still marry, Alexis could easily be born without Heamophilia (by getting the none-infected x-chromasone) or not be born at all.

Zioneer

Banned
You know i tend to avoid killing the old and kids in rp and AH. Just a small superstition, but i would watch your luck.

Anyways could butterflies actually cause Alexi to die? Thats going to open up a whole can of fan hitter.

That superstition is kind of pointless if you think about it. In most TLs, the world is changed majorly, right?

Then if you do that, you've indirectly killed thousands (at least) of the old and kids in your TL.

That superstition is kind of pointless if you think about it. In most TLs, the world is changed majorly, right?

Then if you do that, you've indirectly killed thousands (at least) of the old and kids in your TL.
Thats different, you dont mean to kill those kids, like you said its indirect. Its like the difference between actively shooting cruise missiles at orphanages and not giving to charity.

@AR Um if we are going down that route then we cant really figure out what happens at all.

Komeyta- true. And TBH Choas theory would say that a universe could exist where Rasputin dies young, but everything else stays the same until he would have met Alexandra.

Back on Topic. Alexandra was a very fervant convert to Orthadoxy. It's very likely that she still turns to mysticism and all when confronted with her son's disease. Possibly ITTL she turns to priest who still helps in some ways, but is less confrontational. It just becomes another footnote of history. I'm not sure about if Alexis would actually die. If he does, the next in line is Mikhail, but his Morganatic Marriage may complicate matters. After that, we move to Grand Duke Cyril Vladimirovich. It appears Cyril would have been in favour of reform. He swore alliegence to the provisional government and apparently wanted to maintain some features of the Soviet regime if he regained the throne.

In OTL, this event occured:"One day, when Rasputin was playing with his brother, Dmitri fell into a pond and Rasputin jumped in to save him. They were both pulled out of the water by a passerby but Dmitri eventually died of pneumonia." (via wiki)

So now, they both die...
The year is roughly 1875 (very roughly)
Umm.... Since he wasn't shot, poisoned and dragged UNDER the ice, he probably survives?:):p:(