Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Without 9/11 and with the War on Terror being pushed back three years, drone technology probably wouldn't be as advance as it is today sense as you said, there won't be as big of a need for it.

One thing I could possibly see in a world without 9/11 is that the USA might switch to HDTV before 2009. I heard a while back that 9/11 was a reason why it took until 2009 for the US to switch from SD to HD for television, but it might just be a rumor.
I was intrigued by this so I looked it up and Wikipedia actually has something on this! Under the Problems section they say this,

“New York City-Newark was one of the early U.S. terrestrial digital television pioneers with state-of-the-art ATSC facilities installed atop the World Trade Center as early as 1998, but those facilities were destroyed in the September 11 attacks, and for a number of years, New York lacked one single point of sufficient height from which to cover the entire region without severe multipath interferenceissues in downtown Manhattan.”
Yes considering the quality of videos back then were 480p highest at best. Especially when I watch old YouTube videos dating back to the 2006-2008.

We'll see the frozen twin towers in the classic disaster movie The Day After Tomorrow
Tangentially related to that climate disaster movie, it will be good to, hopefully, see a little more climate action earlier. With Edwards and Democrats taking over in 2004 and Al Gore likely making that a more prominent issue then it’s certainly possible. I doubt we’ll get a climate envoy like John Kerry’s current role though.

I just realized that with George W. Bush losing to John Edwards in 2004, JibJab will not be making their Second Term video.

However, in the alternate timeline, I could see JibJab make a video about John Edwards winning the election.

The effects this might have on the Arab Spring are very intriguing.
I wonder how the Arab Spring will occur with Saddam Hussein still in power in Iraq. Many users on this forum always say with Saddam remaining power, the Arab Spring will be butterflied away. However, a few will say another form of protests would have still kicked in the early 2010s.

I wonder how the Arab Spring will occur with Saddam Hussein still in power in Iraq. Many users on this forum always say with Saddam remaining power, the Arab Spring will be butterflied away. However, a few will say another form of protests would have still kicked in the early 2010s.
The Arab spring will likely still happen since a lot of the issues that caused it are still here such as corruption and government repression etc. But it will definately be different

The Arab spring will likely still happen since a lot of the issues that caused it are still here such as corruption and government repression etc. But it will definately be different
Yeah, I'm guessing the young, idealistic Arabs would still protest about corruption, autocracy, and economic issues. The Arab Spring's issue did not only come from the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Iraq is going to be messy in the Arab Spring if the protests catch on. Not like the Iraqi military hasn’t been smacked around a lot up to this point and one of Saddam’s potential successors is gone. Kurdistan would be a point of contention though. They’d try to pull away from Iraq entirely but that would run into issues with Turkey, not unlike what we see in Syria.

Iraq is going to be messy in the Arab Spring if the protests catch on. Not like the Iraqi military hasn’t been smacked around a lot up to this point and one of Saddam’s potential successors is gone. Kurdistan would be a point of contention though. They’d try to pull away from Iraq entirely but that would run into issues with Turkey, not unlike what we see in Syria.
Then if we get Uday Hussein, oh boy it's going to be terrible.

Saddam would not have hesitated to use force to quell the protests. Uday would have been even worse.