Freizeit's Map Depositorium/Request Hub

Freizeit

Banned
WARNING: BIG-ASS IMAGES

I've been starting to get into cartography, and I'm looking to try and improve my skills and hopefully make something that looks relatively decent for pen and pencil work. However, I'm reluctant to spend time thinking up detailed alternate history scenarios and anything I could come up with would probably be ripped to shreds by someone more educated. So, I'm going to offer to draw a map for anyone that can give me a decent description of what they want, provided it's reasonably sane and interesting. This thread will also serve as a dumping ground for anything I come up with by myself.

Here's some of the stuff I've done already:

uxDEW.jpg

dG49B.jpg

H15eD.jpg

Deleted member 57691

Hey freizeit....

How bout doing, I dunno, New Brandenburg... :D

I have a world that I've got plans for and I would be super excited to have you on board. My ideas tend to be poorly developed which from your angle means more ways to look at it. :)

My request is an entirely new world and I'll need to ask do you do entirely fictional worlds or are you just maps of a universe and ATLs set on Earth?

Freizeit

Banned
I have a world that I've got plans for and I would be super excited to have you on board. My ideas tend to be poorly developed which from your angle means more ways to look at it. :)

My request is an entirely new world and I'll need to ask do you do entirely fictional worlds or are you just maps of a universe and ATLs set on Earth?

Sure, I can do pretty much anything as long as I'm given some idea/a rough map of what you want. I can do fictional worlds (see the map I made for Soverihn).

Sure, I can do pretty much anything as long as I'm given some idea/a rough map of what you want. I can do fictional worlds (see the map I made for Soverihn).

I'll give a description of what I would like here, if you want more detail you can ask but I think this is probably enough; okay anyways what I want is a world with only a little bit of water, say 10-20% of the planet's surface, and it mostly flows to five craters, three in the southern hemisphere and two in the north, about the same latitude as the Canada/US border is on Earth. These craters all form huge seas with islands scattered throughout. In the scale of the entire planet a crater should be comparable to Australia on a world map, perhaps a little bigger. I'm not really sure how exactly you might do this but if possible I would like some way that seems to make them look like craters, lakes around these craters would also be nice and if you have time to draw some rivers going to the craters I would be grateful (perhaps done in the same manner that you drew the internal boundaries of the Danish Commonwealth?). Don't worry about borders between nations, that isn't an issue (the world is colonized by one nation). Some lakes (not many) far away from the craters would be nice to keep some variety going.

At least one of the crater lakes should have a peninsula going relatively for inward (but realistically so).

That is all I can think of for now, if you have any questions respond here or PM me, and may I ask that you PM me when you are done?

Also if I like it (and if it is as good as the rest of this thread I will) I will nominate it for a Turtledove if that is at all motivational, you have talent working with your pencil and paper and it deserves some time to be recognized.

Freizeit

Banned
I'll give a description of what I would like here, if you want more detail you can ask but I think this is probably enough; okay anyways what I want is a world with only a little bit of water, say 10-20% of the planet's surface, and it mostly flows to five craters, three in the southern hemisphere and two in the north, about the same latitude as the Canada/US border is on Earth. These craters all form huge seas with islands scattered throughout. In the scale of the entire planet a crater should be comparable to Australia on a world map, perhaps a little bigger. I'm not really sure how exactly you might do this but if possible I would like some way that seems to make them look like craters, lakes around these craters would also be nice and if you have time to draw some rivers going to the craters I would be grateful (perhaps done in the same manner that you drew the internal boundaries of the Danish Commonwealth?). Don't worry about borders between nations, that isn't an issue (the world is colonized by one nation). Some lakes (not many) far away from the craters would be nice to keep some variety going.

At least one of the crater lakes should have a peninsula going relatively for inward (but realistically so).

That is all I can think of for now, if you have any questions respond here or PM me, and may I ask that you PM me when you are done?

Also if I like it (and if it is as good as the rest of this thread I will) I will nominate it for a Turtledove if that is at all motivational, you have talent working with your pencil and paper and it deserves some time to be recognized.

Thanks for the information, I'll get right on it. And thanks for the promise of a nomination, but I don't think I'm quite that good yet :p

Thanks for the information, I'll get right on it. And thanks for the promise of a nomination, but I don't think I'm quite that good yet :p
I legitimately love your hand-drawn world map, its got an awesome feeling to it, I saved it to my computer, don't underestimate yourself, you're really good!

Saving some of these to my computer, you're really good.

Did you post the US states one to Reddit a while back? A friend of mine showed me something from the depths of Reddit that reminds me of this...

Freizeit

Banned
I legitimately love your hand-drawn world map, its got an awesome feeling to it, I saved it to my computer, don't underestimate yourself, you're really good!

Many thanks, I'm working on your map now, the only issue is that I've never tried to draw something like this so I keep messing up and starting over :p but no worries, it should be done in a bit.

Saving some of these to my computer, you're really good.

Did you post the US states one to Reddit a while back? A friend of mine showed me something from the depths of Reddit that reminds me of this...

I don't think I've put anything of mine up on Reddit, but if someone else thinks my stuff is good enough to share then I suppose I should be proud. Thanks for the compliment.