Freedom Fighters Video Game

Has anybody else played this game?

It has a TL of the events in the opening.

It's set in New York City in (I suppose) the present after the Soviets developed an atomic bomb first and used one against Germany in 1945.
In the late 60's the UK became the last European country to go communist. The Soviets also sent a bunch of military "advisors" to Latin America. Then they invade New York Harbor and take over the city.

I got the game over break and have started going through some of the levels. While the POD, IMO, is questionable, it's a fun game. In addition to the standard third-person-shooter weapons: assault rifle, pistol, grenade, you also get molotov cocktails and a wrench (the character was a plumber before the invasion) which is used not only to bludgeon Soviet soldiers to death, but also to open sewer caps (your primary means of transportation) and detention camp gates.

Yeah i got that game i'm able to complete it in 3 days even without the cheat (anyone who love kill-o-ton will love that game) amd oh yeah the uk join the soviet in 1953 (not the late 60's)

I posted this in the wrong forum didn't? :eek: I meant for it to go in the Books, videogames, movies, etc. Oh well . . .

I prefer to blast nazi over commie, but at the end what does is change, they are all portrayed the same in shooters, Nameless ennemy who just live to get shot and to all say the same line whatever the situation his.

Ah, one of my old favorites! I even own the soundtrack!

I always liked the Soviet CNN-style news briefings. For some strange reason, they remind me of the phraseology that was used for Operation: Iraqi Freedom. Probably just my paranoia, though...

Incidentally, did you recognize the voices of the two main Russians? I'll hide their identities here, as one of their characters is revealed as a surprise later in the game.

The two in question are General Tatarin, voiced by Adam Greggor (RA2's General Vladimir) and Mr. Jones/Colonel Bulba (Nicholas Worth, RA2's Premier Romanov)

Ever wanted to destroy one of those armored Vodniks that roam throughout the game? Well, here's how!

1. Load the "In A New York Minute" hub. It's the second hub of the game.

2. Grab some C4 out of the diner in the Hotel map.

3. Knock out the Hind chopper pad in the Warehouse map.

4. Enter the Fire Station map, and make your way down to the knocked-out bridge.

5. Wait for the Vodnik to pass on the intact bridge (you'll hear it, and probably see the top of it pass by)

6. The INSTANT you see the car, time yourself for 43 seconds EXACTLY, and make you way to the intact bridge's damaged support.

7. AFTER 43 seconds have passed, plant your C4, run off, turn around, and watch the Vodnik die!

Yup, but I lost interest after several levels, 3rd person action games are not my favorite.

But the opening movie with Typhoon-class subs sailing into (I assume) New York Harbor underwater to the accompaniment of the Red Army Chorus and news clippings detailing how the Commie Red Ruskies won the Cold War was priceless, as were the commie-newsbabe news reports, The first two levels during the invasion were cool, but after a while I thought the gameplay got repetitious.

Redem said:
I prefer to blast nazi over commie, but at the end what does is change, they are all portrayed the same in shooters, Nameless ennemy who just live to get shot and to all say the same line whatever the situation his.

I'm a big fan of shooting the capitalist yanky pig dog