Explain the AH Quote

Gian Luigi Bonelli's last comments about the popularity of his comic, Tex Willer, in the documentary Six-Gun Comics. Tex Willer was a western comic created by Gian Luigi Bonelli and Aurelio Galleppini in Italy, 1949. At the time, Fascist Italy was recovering from the effects of the Soviet invasion and resulting occupation, with Benito Mussolini receiving foreign aid from the United States of America. It was extremely popular with American kids, despite the tense political climate and opposition to anything Italian during the time period.

"Camp Belica, the hell camp of Yugoslavia. Stalinists imprisoned thousands of Yugoslavians along with Italian prisoners-of-war. They were forced to manually manufacture weapons and vehicles in anticipation for the Red Army's invasion of Fascist Italy." - Fillipian Orlov's description of Camp Belica.
Fillipian Orlov giving a speech about Camp Belica in the year 1943 when he captured by Russian troopers during World War III. He escaped the hell camp alive and later told his story to his men,

"It's been five years since A Goofy Movie flopped at the box office, due to a poor story, pacing and plot and two original songs they tried to cut out of the final film, were not deleted, which killed off Disney Movietoon Studios and cancelled plans for a Donald Duck's Goof Troop-esque sitcom on the Disney Afternoon..."

"It's been five years since A Goofy Movie flopped at the box office, due to a poor story, pacing and plot and two original songs they tried to cut out of the final film, were not deleted, which killed off Disney Movietoon Studios and cancelled plans for a Donald Duck's Goof Troop-esque sitcom on the Disney Afternoon..."
Part of an announcement by Disney, just before continuing to reveal the reboot of a previous show, namely Talespin, which was a notable break from previous Disney series, as it was not only a continuous series, rather than episodic, but also had a somewhat more serious tone than is usual for the studio, fleshing out characters and their relationships, as well as establishing the world it took place in.

It turned out to be a great success, not only spawning two spinoffs in the shape of Louie's Shack, a light-hearted slice-of-life series with guest appearances of Talespin's main cast, and the Iron Vultures, an episodic comedy show about the adventures and misfortunes of Don Karnage's pirate crew, paving the way for several new series that would follow a similar formula, such as Darkwing Duck, and Ducktales, that would follow in later years.

"And so, General Kerensky made a choice that would change everything: Kerensky said No."

"And so, General Kerensky made a choice that would change everything: Kerensky said No."
General Kerensky's laconic reply to the Bolshevik demand to resign from power as the Minister-President of the Russian Republic. The utter refusal to let Joseph Stalin and the Bolsheviks seize power in the 1920s led to another outbreak of infighting. The United States, Britain, and Fascist Italy sent aid to the Russian Republic forces while France Fascist Italy supported the Bolsheviks to provide a bulwark against the influence of the German Empire on Russia.

"Under the command of the Turkish government, the Greco-Turkish Cooperative and the local collaborators heavily requisitioned raw materials and foodstuffs in support of the Turkish forces in the Near Eastern campaign during World War 2 and support the Stalinist invasion of Western Europe. Said economic plunder caused the Great Famine and the collapse of the Greek economy, necessitating foreign aid and humanitarian relief from the Red Cross and the Greek diaspora."

brooklyn99

Banned
General Kerensky's laconic reply to the Bolshevik demand to resign from power as the Minister-President of the Russian Republic. The utter refusal to let Joseph Stalin and the Bolsheviks seize power in the 1920s led to another outbreak of infighting. The United States, Britain, and Fascist Italy sent aid to the Russian Republic forces while France Fascist Italy supported the Bolsheviks to provide a bulwark against the influence of the German Empire on Russia.

"Under the command of the Turkish government, the Greco-Turkish Cooperative and the local collaborators heavily requisitioned raw materials and foodstuffs in support of the Turkish forces in the Near Eastern campaign during World War 2 and support the Stalinist invasion of Western Europe. Said economic plunder caused the Great Famine and the collapse of the Greek economy, necessitating foreign aid and humanitarian relief from the Red Cross and the Greek diaspora."
From an American news article in the context of occurring reparation negotiations between the Allied Powers and Turkey, regarding the misdeeds inflicted on Greece during WW2.

"Gentlemen, I don’t know whether we are going to make history tomorrow, but at any rate we shall change geography"

From an American news article in the context of occurring reparation negotiations between the Allied Powers and Turkey, regarding the misdeeds inflicted on Greece during WW2.

"Gentlemen, I don’t know whether we are going to make history tomorrow, but at any rate we shall change geography"
General Ambrose Burnside the night before the Battle of the Crater in 1864. The plan was to literally detonate a mine full of explosives under the Confederate defenses around the city of Petersburg, Virginia. Roughly 8,000 pounds of explosives would be used, and the blast would throw the Confederate forces into disarry. Furthermore, the attack called for the use of specially-trained Colored Troops to act as a vanguard. These soldiers, specifically trained for this battle, would be used over the protests of General Meade, and would prove especially devestating to Confederate morale as they "Fought as well as any White Man". The attack was an overwhelming success, speeding up the capture of Petersburg and with it the four railroad lines within. The success would buoy the career of General Ambrose Burnside, leading to him being elected Senator of Rhode Island in 1875. It also would lead to the formation of more Colored Troop regiments, many of whom would later train in what is believed to be the first instance of "Stormtrooper Tactics".

"I am surrounded by idiots, fools, and worst of all, my parents!"

Deleted member 107190

"I am surrounded by idiots, fools, and worst of all, my parents!"
An infamous quote by Prince John concerning the fratricidal atmosphere at the court of his father King John II, 1298. Upon his return to England after a year spent trapped behind enemy lines in Burgundy, in 1297, John was treated as a hero and lauded however his gruff manner of speech and homosexual relationship with Godfrey of Monmouth earned him the ire of his mother Queen Salina of Norway. He was exiled from England in 1300 and, after several years commanding a company of mercenaries, settled in the Mamluk Sultanate where he converted to Islam and became a minor scholar.
“We are a dying people, my son. So are they. Obsessed with death until death is all we are. All that we deserve. We cannot let revenge define who we are any longer.”

Last edited by a moderator:
“We are a dying people, my son. So are they. Obsessed with death until death is all we are. All that we deserve. We cannot let revenge define who we are any longer.”
A quote from King Asgore to his son and only heir Prince Asriel, the quote refers to the "Destroy Humanity" movement which nearly won the support of the ruling Conservative party.

"The 1992 Republican Convention was surprise, especially when Bush announced that we would dropping Quayle out of the ticket and replacing him with former Independent Candidate Ross Perot"
-The Times of Ross Perot (2018)

A quote from King Asgore to his son and only heir Prince Asriel, the quote refers to the "Destroy Humanity" movement which nearly won the support of the ruling Conservative party.

"The 1992 Republican Convention was surprise, especially when Bush announced that we would dropping Quayle out of the ticket and replacing him with former Independent Candidate Ross Perot"
-The Times of Ross Perot (2018)

Book excerpt mentioning how the Republican Party was overtaken by Ross Perot and his ideological allies after President Bush offered him the VP slot as it was the only way to beat a seemingly unstoppable Democratic candidate.

“16 years… 16 years in office, with Clay set to inherit our legacy. We have have achieved everything we set out to do, from the protection of the Indians, to the creation of the free state of Missouri. My successes are lauded across the nation, spoken of in equal esteem to father’s, and held in higher regard than Pinckney or King. Most would dream of a life even partially as accomplished. Yet I still feel it insufficient compared to father, and I doubt that will ever change. After all, we served equal time in the presidency, but his administration built this nation, while mine simply improved upon it.”

- John Quincy Adams

Last edited:
“16 years… 16 years in office, with Clay set to inherit our legacy. We have have achieved everything we set out to do, from the protection of the Indians, to the creation of the free state of Missouri. My successes are lauded across the nation, spoken of in equal esteem to father’s, and held in higher regard than Pinckney or King. Most would dream of a life even partially as accomplished. Yet I still feel it insufficient compared to father, and I doubt that will ever change. After all, we served equal time in the presidency, but his administration built this nation, while mine simply improved upon it.”

- John Quincy Adams
John Quincy Adams' description of his plans in the event he rescinds being the Governor of Missouri in a speech shortly before he fell ill of tuberculousis. He appointed Clay as his successor after he leaves the office of the Free State of Missouri. He worked hard to protect the rights of the Missourian Indians from rampant exploitation by white citizens of the Missouri as well prevent flooding that occurred through heavy construction projects. Clay was a half-Missouri Native who worked with Quincy Adams in administrative projects.

"Lavrentiy Beria authorized the Cretan Operation of the NKVD began on 1 June 1942 in response to Cretan irregular forces inflicting casualties on Turkish and Gilan Persian forces supported by the Stalinists. The NKVD istrebkis (destruction battalions), supported by Turkish naval infantry and Gilan Persian paratroops, was dispatched to Crete where they executed an estimated 500 Cretans. Photos of the massacre was used by the Special Organization in propaganda posters to terrorize the Greek populace in Turkish-occupied Greece."

"The Nara Syndicate or more commonly known as The Syndicate is a criminal organisation which traced its roots with the italian mafia presence in the territory of okinawa know known as the state of okinawa after its admission to the US, unique among crime organisation in east asia they accepted non japanese into the ranks as well (though mostly italian americans) which help bolster their ranks against the more traditional yakuza back in the japanese mainland"
An interesting fact — non-Japanese make up a significant portion of the OTL “traditional yakuza”:
While ethnic Koreans make up only 0.5% of the Japanese population, they are a prominent part of Yakuza because they suffer discrimination in Japanese society along with the burakumin.[54][55] In the early 1990s, 18 of 90 top bosses of Inagawa-kai were ethnic Koreans. The Japanese National Police Agency suggested Koreans composed 10% of the Yakuza proper and 70% of burakumin in the Yamaguchi-gumi.[54]… Japanese-born people of Korean ancestry who retain South Korean nationality are considered resident aliens and are embraced by the Yakuza precisely because they fit the group's "outsider" image.[58][21]
"Some roads you shouldn’t go down. Because maps used to say ‘There be dragons here.’ Now they don’t. But that don’t mean the dragons aren’t there." - Al Capone
President of Mapping commission of Chicago Al Capone, complaining about the removal of dangerous street indicators which used to be common in maps during the rise of the Mafia in the 1920s
(R-New York) Alphonse Capone speaking in 1967 on why he did not support funding for NASA. Brief brushes with joining crime as a teen left him rather wary towards extreme ambitious endeavors. He went on to note the vast dangers the unknown held in space, which would risk sending innocent people to their deaths. Some thought he was implying he believed in aliens, which led to many political cartoons and references in science fiction.
I know this prompt was answered about a month ago... just want to say that when I read the quote I immediately thought it belongs in a timeline where an elderly Al Capone is a dungeon-master, playing D&D with his prison buddies in the 1970s :D

OK, now onto the current quote:
"Lavrentiy Beria authorized the Cretan Operation of the NKVD began on 1 June 1942 in response to Cretan irregular forces inflicting casualties on Turkish and Gilan Persian forces supported by the Stalinists. The NKVD istrebkis (destruction battalions), supported by Turkish naval infantry and Gilan Persian paratroops, was dispatched to Crete where they executed an estimated 500 Cretans. Photos of the massacre was used by the Special Organization in propaganda posters to terrorize the Greek populace in Turkish-occupied Greece."
Excerpt from Frank Miller’s 2008 comic book The 301st Airborne. Described as a “spiritual successor” to his influential 300 comic that came out some 10 years prior, 301st largely follows the same beats as the 1998 classic but is set in an alt-history WW2. In the fictional history of the comic, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk maintained his early alliance with the Bolsheviks while the Marxist Jangali revolutionaries succeeded in overthrowing the Qajar Dynasty of Iran. After all three nations undergo rapid Stalinist-style industrialization the “Totalitarian Armies of the East” launch an invasion of Western Europe. King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans are reimagined as Greek partisans and the fictional U.S. 301st paratrooper regiment tasked with wrecking havoc on the invading forces.

The comic received mixed reactions; the work was often criticized for lack of originality, Islamophobic undertones and a strange anachronistic “Red Scare” theme that seemed taken straight out of the 1950s. In a later interview, Frank Miller admitted that several real world events during 2007-2008 period (including Greek-Turkish tensions, election of Yedinaya Rossiya candidate Mintimer Shaimiev (a Muslim politician from Tatarstan who supported the communist hardliners in 1991) as President of Russia in 2008 and Iran seeking entry into the Russian-led Collective Security Treaty Organization) had inspired the book’s plot and backstory; in the same interview Miller asserted his view that the rise of Islamism in the East poses the biggest ongoing challenge to Western civilization.

“…after Fall of Zeus, the Heavenly Host stormed Mount Olympus…

The Malakhomachy* raged on for 10 000 days and nights. Each morning the Lord’s angels would swell and crash like a tide against the adamant shields of the Olympians. Each night the defenders of the mountain would regroup and rebuild their shattered forts.

On the ten thousand and first day the leaders of Olympus sought a truce. Exiting the lofty gates of their abode, they met with the Lord of the Hosts, the mighty God of the Israelites.

Poseidon, brother of Zeus, was first to speak: “I’m the King of the Seas!” he declared, brandishing his golden trident. “The winds are my sons. The rivers are my granddaughters. Men move and trade across the oceans because I will it so. When I am displeased, I send down storms, sink ships and drown towns. What claim do you, O God of Judaea, have over my domain?”

“You drown towns in anger,” Lord God replied “yet when mankind grew impious and displeased me I willed it to rain for forty days and forty nights until all of creation was drowned. Only the Chosen People and their beasts survived. Merchants burn offerings to you, Poseidon, before they set out to travel the sea — but only because men are frail and I am merciful. They forget that it was I who allowed their kind to live when their forefathers angered me.”

Humbled, Poseidon bowed and laid down his trident at God’s feet.

Next Ares, the war-god, stepped forward: “Men soak the land with blood in the name of Ares. Amazons, Scythians, Thracians and Greeks — all lay down their lives to please me. When King Adrastus’ army marched on his homeland, Menoikeus of Thebes sacrificed himself in my name and so I brought victory to the people of that city. What have men given you, O Elohim Tzevaot, to earn your favour?”

“For you, men vanquish enemies and even tear their own bodies asunder — this is true,” Shaddai agreed “yet have they given onto you fruit of their flesh? For when Abraham was in the Land of Moriah he sought to bring down Isaac — his son — as my sacrifice. Such was Abraham’s loyalty towards me. And so I rewarded him and spared Isaac’s life.”

And Ares took off his war-helm and knelt, offering his sword to the Lord.

Then Hephaestus, the proud crippled smith, made his case: “All — be they man or god — awe at my skill and seek my council. It was I who forged the armour for the heroes of old. It was I who built from burnished bronze the giant Talos. It was I who wrought King Alkinous’ dogs from gleaming silver. It was I who crafted the Golden Maidens to do my bidding. So what secret wisdom of the craft can you — a god of foreign barbarians — possess that I do not?”

The Lord God bent down to whisper into Hephaestus’ ear. The hammer fell from Hephaestus’ hands and the Smith of Olympus dropped to his knees, weeping.

Finally, only Athena remained. Wisely, the goddess bowed her head and stepped aside.

So it was on the ten thousand and first day of the Malakhomachy that Lord Yahweh sat on the throne at the holy mountain. All of Olympus bowed down, bathing in His glory…

O.O.C.:

* — using the term Titanomachy as the template, Malakhomachy should translate to something like “Battle with Angels”. At least I hope so.

Last edited:
A traditional telling of the central beliefs of the so-called "Hellenic Judaism." A sect that arose via interactions between Greek communities in Anatolia (primarily Antioch) and the Jewish Kingdoms of the Levant, the sect of Hellenic Jews arose by converts of Greek descent, who described a tale of the Malakhomachy in which the G-d of the Jews also came to be the god of the Hellenes. The tale is not necessarily considered religious canon, but more of a metaphor for how Hellenes were chosen and converted to the worship of G-d.

The traditional Jewish religious establishment often scoffed at the tale, but nontheless Hellenic Judaism grew rapidly in popularity among the lower classes, especially in Anatolia, Crete, and Cyprus.

In the modern era, it is one of many sects of a much more widespread and prosperous Judaism, though far from its radical beginnings it is often a more conservative bent compared to more liberal and reformists sects. Nonetheless, it is the majority religion of the Hellenic League, one of the primary great powers of the world, and the holy city of Antioch is one of the great seats of theological thought.

"Malakhomachy: The Coming of the Lord" is one of the most popular films of recent years, a dramatized tale of the traditional telling of the war acclaimed for its action, acting, and cheesy one liners.

"Turns out, cowboys make pretty good communists."

A traditional telling of the central beliefs of the so-called "Hellenic Judaism." A sect that arose via interactions between Greek communities in Anatolia (primarily Antioch) and the Jewish Kingdoms of the Levant, the sect of Hellenic Jews arose by converts of Greek descent, who described a tale of the Malakhomachy in which the G-d of the Jews also came to be the god of the Hellenes. The tale is not necessarily considered religious canon, but more of a metaphor for how Hellenes were chosen and converted to the worship of G-d.

The traditional Jewish religious establishment often scoffed at the tale, but nontheless Hellenic Judaism grew rapidly in popularity among the lower classes, especially in Anatolia, Crete, and Cyprus.

In the modern era, it is one of many sects of a much more widespread and prosperous Judaism, though far from its radical beginnings it is often a more conservative bent compared to more liberal and reformists sects. Nonetheless, it is the majority religion of the Hellenic League, one of the primary great powers of the world, and the holy city of Antioch is one of the great seats of theological thought.

"Malakhomachy: The Coming of the Lord" is one of the most popular films of recent years, a dramatized tale of the traditional telling of the war acclaimed for its action, acting, and cheesy one liners.

"Turns out, cowboys make pretty good communists."
Sylvester Stallone referring to John Wayne’s work as the stoic, demanding premier of the Soviet Union in Rocky IV. Wayne, in his first iconic role since beating cancer, personally chewed out Lundgren when Stallone began pummeling him and the Soviet crowd began cheering for the American. The look in Wayne’s eyes was one of the factors in Rocky IV receiving Best Picture.

“For the first time in American major pro sports, she shoots, she scores!” Bob Costas

“For the first time in American major pro sports, she shoots, she scores!” Bob Costas
A line from the 1985 film Football Girl. Bob Costas utters the memorable line upon seeing the main character, Angie, kick the ball into the goalposts. This causes the crowd to erupt in cheers along with her team. After the climatic match, Angie reconciles with her estranged father, who struggles with disapproving his daughter for being an athlete in a male-dominated sport.

"In 1943, the Turkish Navy initiated a series of raids on the coasts of southern Italy. A regiment of Turkish Naval Infantrymen aided by Gilan Persian, and Bulgarian support attacked Fascist Italian shipyards and airfields with the intention of crippling military strength. However, a Regio Esercito platoon repelled the raids and inflicted heavy casualties and materiel losses on the Turkish forces. The events inspired an Palme d'Or-winning film in 1979."

"In 1943, the Turkish Navy initiated a series of raids on the coasts of southern Italy. A regiment of Turkish Naval Infantrymen aided by Gilan Persian, and Bulgarian support attacked Fascist Italian shipyards and airfields with the intention of crippling military strength. However, a Regio Esercito platoon repelled the raids and inflicted heavy casualties and materiel losses on the Turkish forces. The events inspired an Palme d'Or-winning film in 1979."
Excerpt from Events That Shook Our Films, a history of events that inspired award-winning films based on a true story. The Palme d'Or-winning film Gate of the Boot portrayed the events of a lone platoon from the 5th Italian Infantry division of the Regio Esercito at repelling an amphibious assault by Turkish naval infantry on the important port city of Taranto. Stranded on the city's docks during the assault, the platoon nevertheless stood their ground and repulsed almost twenty times their number,. Gate of the Boot was immensely popular for the realism of its action sequences, with the director demanding the use of restored firearms and highly accurate models for the Turkish warships, as well as obtaining period uniforms for all combatants involved. But it also won critical praise for the contrast of its quiet interludes, particularly the discussions between the extremely young Sottotenente Urbano Faugno, who is idealistic, but charismatic, and his bitter, yet effective platoon sergeant Sergente Leandro Alfonsi.

"My armies are more numerous than the blades of grass. My swords are forged from falling stars. The tread of my boots brings walls crashing down. Men cry in tears when they see my banner. Animals flee before me. Not even the hardest stones can bear my passage. In my wake, women wail and children weep. Behind me are the stains of one hundred million souls and the pillars of a thousand burning cities. I am war incarnate, I am the punishment of the gods, I wield the Scythe of Death like it were my dinner knife. Fear me, for I am your Doom."

"My armies are more numerous than the blades of grass. My swords are forged from falling stars. The tread of my boots brings walls crashing down. Men cry in tears when they see my banner. Animals flee before me. Not even the hardest stones can bear my passage. In my wake, women wail and children weep. Behind me are the stains of one hundred million souls and the pillars of a thousand burning cities. I am war incarnate, I am the punishment of the gods, I wield the Scythe of Death like it were my dinner knife. Fear me, for I am your Doom."
The Cyberdemon's boast on Corporal John Blazkowicz upon unlocking the true power of the Scythe of Death. The scene takes place in the final scene of Doom (2005), where the final fight between the PC and the final boss occurs. The line became a meme in the Doom community, making spoofs of the line by replacing words in the paragraph with something else, such as mundane items. It was later referenced in the sequel, in which the PC utters a truncated version of the speech upon equipping a down-graded version of the weapon.

"On the 23rd of May 1952, the Copenhagen Peace Accords was signed between Leader Gregor Strasser of the Greater Germanic Reich and Chancellor Carl Friedrich Goerdeler of the Federal Republic of Germany, oversaw by the United Nations. The Accords ended the brutal German Civil War that broke out in 1949, two years after Stalinist Russia's surrender, and caused a second wave of German refugees."

The Cyberdemon's boast on Corporal John Blazkowicz upon unlocking the true power of the Scythe of Death. The scene takes place in the final scene of Doom (2005), where the final fight between the PC and the final boss occurs. The line became a meme in the Doom community, making spoofs of the line by replacing words in the paragraph with something else, such as mundane items. It was later referenced in the sequel, in which the PC utters a truncated version of the speech upon equipping a down-graded version of the weapon.

"On the 23rd of May 1952, the Copenhagen Peace Accords was signed between Leader Gregor Strasser of the Greater Germanic Reich and Chancellor Carl Friedrich Goerdeler of the Federal Republic of Germany, oversaw by the United Nations. The Accords ended the brutal German Civil War that broke out in 1949, two years after Stalinist Russia's surrender, and caused a second wave of German refugees."
Short blurb about the end of the German Civil War that occurred after the Great Russian War which happened when Stalinist Russia performed a massive westward offensive that ultimately failed and led to its surrender. However, the Federal Republic of Germany collapsed into civil war where the Greater Germanic Reich carved itself out of a big chunk of the FRG. Eventually, the civil war ended in the Copenhagen Peace Accords, but only after a massive death toll in Germany and a mass emigration of refugees outwards.

"You are a jelly donut"

"You are a jelly donut"
A viral quote from the US senate debates in Arizona, referencing the explicit video shot by the granddaughter of the vice-president in an attempt to insult a bill being passed which would have allowed for sex workers to qualify for a pension upon "retirement"

"Oops, you woke up in my bed."

"Oops, you woke up in my bed."

A lyric from the song 'What a night', by Canadian singer Jerry Smith, about a night of drunken debauchery spent in Las Vegas. The song was seen as too explicit and nonsensical by Smith's fans, and over the years was quietly forgotten.

"Say what you want about Doom, but at least he cared for his country! Now that he is dead...what will they do?"

A lyric from the song 'What a night', by Canadian singer Jerry Smith, about a night of drunken debauchery spent in Las Vegas. The song was seen as too explicit and nonsensical by Smith's fans, and over the years was quietly forgotten.

"Say what you want about Doom, but at least he cared for his country! Now that he is dead...what will they do?"
From 2013 story Avengers: The Death of Doom. In the storyline the major crossover event is kicked off with the assassination of Doctor Doom by a rogue element of SHIELD. As civil war breaks out in Latveria between those loyal to Doom’s ideals, pro-democracy protestors, various other supervillains trying to seize Latveria for their own ends, and a peacekeeping mission led by Captain America, a worn out, traumatized Hawkeye says this to Tony Stark after an attack by Ultron leaves a city in complete ruins. The story would end with a truce between the Doom loyalists and pro-democracy factions, allowing for the fallen nation to recover. The fallout would be huge in the Marvel universe, however. Numerous superweapons from Doom’s labs had been stolen by various supervillains and factions, and even the return of Doctor Doom in 2016 would only result in SHIELD being further discredited in the eyes of the world, leading to Avengers: Breaking Point, in 2018.

“So word on the street is that you’ve got a handyman that’s a Zombie?”
“Well, to be honest, he breaks more things than he fixes, but he’s still got most of his face so I trust him.”