Explain the AH Quote

"Allahu Akbar!" - George W. Bush
During the invasion of India after the Perth Attack, American paratroopers were surrounded and near destruction when the timely arrival of the Pakistani army relived the besieged airmen. As many of the saved soldiers were Texan governor George Bush thanked the Palistanis, and famously declared that god is great in several languages. It was very awkward but the Pakistanis got the message.

"I am the last mountain, the last obstacle, to the fulfillment of his destiny" - Darius the Great.

During the invasion of India after the Perth Attack, American paratroopers were surrounded and near destruction when the timely arrival of the Pakistani army relived the besieged airmen. As many of the saved soldiers were Texan governor George Bush thanked the Palistanis, and famously declared that god is great in several languages. It was very awkward but the Pakistanis got the message.
wait.. what?

"I am the last mountain, the last obstacle, to the fulfillment of his destiny" - Darius the Great.

Predicting, correctly, war with Alexander the Great and his Macedon Empire. What Darius the Great did not expect, however, was that Alexander the Great could climb this mountain as easily as the Olymp...

"Without life, you gain zip, nothing, nada, absolutely zilch from your beloved 'human rights'!"

Last edited:
"Without life, you gain zip, nothing, nada absolutely zilch from your beloved 'human rights'!"

An anonymous comment in the 1990s that would breathe new life into the pro-life movement for a new, pro-authoritarian generation.

"I am the lord of the Eranshahr and the Aryavarta, and I rule all lands from the Istros to the Ganges, as my fathers have since time immemorial. I have crushed your rivals, those sons of Ba'al, and your lands lie salted, your legions crushed, and your precious city I have burned. So bow before me, son of Aeneas, and die."

Last edited:
An anonymous comment in the 1990s that would breathe new life into the pro-life movement for a new, pro-authoritarian generation.

"I am the lord of the Eranshahr and the Aryavarta, and I rule all lands from the Istros to the Ganges, as my fathers have since time immemorial. I have crushed your rivals, those sons of Ba'al, and your lands lie salted, your legions crushed, and your precious city I have burned. So bow before me, son of Aeneas, and die."

The Parthian Emperor in 251 AD after he, in a long and glorious reign, destroyed the Roman Empire after having already conquered many Indian states to the last Roman Emperor, Iustus, just before the latter got assassinated.

"This does not change anything. You bloody need a life!"

"This does not change anything. You bloody need a life!"

Ihala Virtanen III, King of Finland ca. 834 AD, roughly translated from Old Finnish, in response to his eldest child's conversion from the Suomenusko to Zoroastrianism after tutelage from the court physician. Incensed at the "disgrace of the peoples and the faith", Ihala III wrote into edict that it would be his youngest son, not his eldest, who would succeed him, thus establishing the tradition of ultimogeniture that persisted into the conquest of the Five Kingdoms of Fennoscandia and survived both the dissolution of the Fennoscandian colonial empire and the First Grand Diplomatic War.

"A sit-in. A FUCKING SIT-IN! From a minority party roughly as popular as polio a fucking sit-in!"

Ihala Virtanen III, King of Finland ca. 834 AD, roughly translated from Old Finnish, in response to his eldest child's conversion from the Suomenusko to Zoroastrianism after tutelage from the court physician. Incensed at the "disgrace of the peoples and the faith", Ihala III wrote into edict that it would be his youngest son, not his eldest, who would succeed him, thus establishing the tradition of ultimogeniture that persisted into the conquest of the Five Kingdoms of Fennoscandia and survived both the dissolution of the Fennoscandian colonial empire and the First Grand Diplomatic War.

"A sit-in. A FUCKING SIT-IN! From a minority party roughly as popular as polio a fucking sit-in!"

SecState Joseph McCarthy referring to a CPUSA-organised sit-in demonstration agains the - ever growing - power of the HUAC.

"Got Whale?"

Deleted member 97083

"Got Whale?"
After the 1980s economic liberalization, this phrase was printed in a 1999 Soviet advertisement campaign, supporting the use of whale oil for cooking, and whale meat as a healthy food. After domesticated minke whales were raised in the Black Sea, the Soviets became the first sustainable whale farming nation. Today, the Soviet Union is the largest exotic food exporter for Norwegian and Japanese markets, an underlooked but profitable part of the Soviet economy.

"The river is the life blood of our country. Without this river we would be nothing." - Dietrich von Hammond

After the 1980s economic liberalization, this phrase was printed in a 1999 Soviet advertisement campaign, supporting the use of whale oil for cooking, and whale meat as a healthy food. After domesticated minke whales were raised in the Black Sea, the Soviets became the first sustainable whale farming nation. Today, the Soviet Union is the largest exotic food exporter for Norwegian and Japanese markets, an underlooked but profitable part of the Soviet economy.

"The river is the life blood of our country. Without this river we would be nothing." - Dietrich von Hammond
Dietrich von Hammond, Prime Minister of the Empire of Louisiana, talking in 1889 about the crucial role of the Mississippi and its tributary rivers in the still predominantly rural Louisiana's consistency and economy. The 1894 invasion of the Empire by the Confederation of Carolinan Republics would devastate Louisiana's predominantly river-based economy. After a French intervention which would allow Lousiana to annex Carolinan Alabama, the Empire would belately add to its trade infrastructure a rail network, whose benefits would be seen in the following war, in 1913, with the North American Union, which had seized on the Carolinan weakness and annexed them, allowing the Louisianans to beat the Americans to a standstill.

"Overall, there is little difference between a mafia and a State apparatus, except for the mafia not having the Law on their side." King Vito I of Sicily.

"Overall, there is little difference between a mafia and a State apparatus, except for the mafia not having the Law on their side." King Vito I of Sicily.

Vito I of Sicily, King from 1967 to 1998, faced massive backlash over his previous ties with the Sicilian Mafia from 1948 to 1962. Having come to be the heir to the throne due to the death of his cousin, Prince Roberto, in 1161, he was forced to address the issue in his coronation speech, during which time he stated he regretted nothing, was proud of his work during the time, and was married to his Queen due to connections made during that time.

"In the morning, when I rise, you are the first thing on my mind." - Mariah Carey

Stolengood

Banned
Dietrich von Hammond, Prime Minister of the Empire of Louisiana, talking in 1889 about the crucial role of the Mississippi and its tributary rivers in the still predominantly rural Louisiana's consistency and economy. The 1894 invasion of the Empire by the Confederation of Carolinan Republics would devastate Louisiana's predominantly river-based economy. After a French intervention which would allow Lousiana to annex Carolinan Alabama, the Empire would belately add to its trade infrastructure a rail network, whose benefits would be seen in the following war, in 1913, with the North American Union, which had seized on the Carolinan weakness and annexed them, allowing the Louisianans to beat the Americans to a standstill.

King Vito I of Sicily, not known for being one of the leading lights of monarchy at the dawn of the 20th century, notoriously pitted his state police against the banditti of his nation, going so far as to himself encourage the trade of euphorien by his private armies to combat the illicit trade on the opposite side of the law. Not surprisingly, this led to much rancor on the Italian peninsula, as Pope John XXV pleaded with the Sicilian Crown to stem the flow of drugs from its shores, to no avail. Finally, in 1913, the Papal States invaded Sicily and violently overthrew Vito's regime, ending his 55-year-reign and formally ending the House of Giulberti's rule upon the island's annexation by the Papacy.

"Let justice prevail amongst all the nations of the world, so long as there is peace. For if there is no peace, there will be no justice! And if there is no justice... we are as all dead." -- Yogi Eduardee Marx, 1805

Vito I of Sicily, King from 1967 to 1998, faced massive backlash over his previous ties with the Sicilian Mafia from 1948 to 1962. Having come to be the heir to the throne due to the death of his cousin, Prince Roberto, in 1161, he was forced to address the issue in his coronation speech, during which time he stated he regretted nothing, was proud of his work during the time, and was married to his Queen due to connections made during that time.

"In the morning, when I rise, you are the first thing on my mind." - Mariah Carey

This alleged statement (the truth of which is still somewhat doubted) of Carey towards President Al Gore led to the second - and that consecutive - impeachment of a POTUS due to infidelity. Bill Clinton was impeached because of the Lewinsky affair, Gore was a hopeful president and did indeed get environmental legislation and a major healthcare reform (but they do not call it "Gorecare") through, prevented any Islamist terrorist attacks on the USA (people never got to know Mullah Omar, Abu Musab az-Zarqawi, et al. and by 2003, Osama bin Laden was all but forgotten). There was, however, some neo-communist terrorism.

And then, in 2005, after a pretty conventional reelection in 2004 (ticket Gore/Cuomo as in 2000), Gore was impeached. Mario Cuomo was not that popular as a president, either (and also had allegations of love affairs surrounding him), and thus, the time of 2008-2024 would become known as the (Second?) Golden Age of the GOP....

"Got Commies?"

This alleged statement (the truth of which is still somewhat doubted) of Carey towards President Al Gore led to the second - and that consecutive - impeachment of a POTUS due to infidelity. Bill Clinton was impeached because of the Lewinsky affair, Gore was a hopeful president and did indeed get environmental legislation and a major healthcare reform (but they do not call it "Gorecare") through, prevented any Islamist terrorist attacks on the USA (people never got to know Mullah Omar, Abu Musab az-Zarqawi, et al. and by 2003, Osama bin Laden was all but forgotten). There was, however, some neo-communist terrorism.

And then, in 2005, after a pretty conventional reelection in 2004 (ticket Gore/Cuomo as in 2000), Gore was impeached. Mario Cuomo was not that popular as a president, either (and also had allegations of love affairs surrounding him), and thus, the time of 2008-2024 would become known as the (Second?) Golden Age of the GOP....

"Got Commies?"

A satirical quote making fun of McCarthyism.

"Hannibal, my son. Make a promise to the gods... that you will become an Emperor of Rome." — Hamilcar Barca

A satirical quote making fun of McCarthyism.

"Hannibal, my son. Make a promise to the gods... that you will become an Emperor of Rome." — Hamilcar Barca
An attack by Assassins (often considered to be sent by Rome) had just been made an attack upon Hamilcar, fatally wounding him. As the assassins fled, Hamilcar told Hannibal, as revenge, he needed to conquer Rome, to become Emperor of Rome.

"L'etat, c'est moi" -Peter I of Russia

An attack by Assassins (often considered to be sent by Rome) had just been made an attack upon Hamilcar, fatally wounding him. As the assassins fled, Hamilcar told Hannibal, as revenge, he needed to conquer Rome, to become Emperor of Rome.

"L'etat, c'est moi" -Peter I of Russia

During negotiations with Louis XIV over the future of a battered Holy Roman Empire, Louis, confident due to his army's flawless performance during the German War, made a jocular remark to an advisor in French that he could break Russia in a year if he so desired. Unknown to Louis, Peter had learned French during his travels abroad. Furious, Peter responded in Louis's own language, saying "L'etat, c'est moi. Tu fasais dois je m'angenouillais." (Going by three years of high school French, "I am the state. You must make me kneel." Hope it's right.) Louis, intimidated by Peter's retaliation, no doubt helped by his stature, began to show more respect. Poland-Lithuania would expand its influence into Germany at the expense of Austria while France would annex the left bank of the Rhine. This peace would fall apart as Austria, supported by Britain and, surprisingly, Spain and most of Italy, fought France in the Twelve Years War.

"Goddamnit, I just stubbed my toe! Somebody else take command!"

During negotiations with Louis XIV over the future of a battered Holy Roman Empire, Louis, confident due to his army's flawless performance during the German War, made a jocular remark to an advisor in French that he could break Russia in a year if he so desired. Unknown to Louis, Peter had learned French during his travels abroad. Furious, Peter responded in Louis's own language, saying "L'etat, c'est moi. Tu fasais dois je m'angenouillais." (Going by three years of high school French, "I am the state. You must make me kneel." Hope it's right.) Louis, intimidated by Peter's retaliation, no doubt helped by his stature, began to show more respect. Poland-Lithuania would expand its influence into Germany at the expense of Austria while France would annex the left bank of the Rhine. This peace would fall apart as Austria, supported by Britain and, surprisingly, Spain and most of Italy, fought France in the Twelve Years War.

"Goddamnit, I just stubbed my toe! Somebody else take command!"

Erwin Rommel, disappointed by the incompetence of his Italian allies, attempted to resign from his post in the Afrika Korps. He'll ultimately resume command 2 weeks later.

"If you don't fix this mess, I'll go out there and wave my 12-inch sword to all the girls!"

Erwin Rommel, disappointed by the incompetence of his Italian allies, attempted to resign from his post in the Afrika Korps. He'll ultimately resume command 2 weeks later.

"If you don't fix this mess, I'll go out there and wave my 12-inch sword to all the girls!"
Grand-Duke George Washington the 4th, commenting on the perceived complete incompetence of his General's during the thirty day war.

"I still don't understand how an Amish in next in line to become King of England. Could we re read the succession rules just one more time?"

Deleted member 97083

"I still don't understand how an Amish in next in line to become King of England. Could we re read the succession rules just one more time?"
When the Thirteen Colonies became an independent country, they were called the American Empire, or the United Principalities of America. These principalities were commonwealths, kingdoms, and archduchies. In 1847, the heir apparent to the Kingdom of England - a state centered at what we would call London, Ontario, and inhabited by religious dissidents from Ohio - was Amish, leading to significant protest by the French Catholics of American England, including Jean De Gaulle, who said this quote.

"We choose to go to the Moon. Not because it is easy, not because it is hard, not because it is middling in difficulty. No, we go to the Moon because the Brits already have a moonbase and we've got to get there quickly so they don't claim the whole thing." - JFK

When the Thirteen Colonies became an independent country, they were called the American Empire, or the United Principalities of America. These principalities were commonwealths, kingdoms, and archduchies. In 1847, the heir apparent to the Kingdom of England - a state centered at what we would call London, Ontario, and inhabited by religious dissidents from Ohio - was Amish, leading to significant protest by the French Catholics of American England, including Jean De Gaulle, who said this quote.

"We choose to go to the Moon. Not because it is easy, not because it is hard, not because it is middling in difficulty. No, we go to the Moon because the Brits already have a moonbase and we've got to get there quickly so they don't claim the whole thing." - JFK

A funny reply to the critics of the Lunar Mission by JFK.

"Who the hell brought the Dixie flag here?!" — Louis Armstrong

"Who the hell brought the Dixie flag here?!" — Louis Armstrong

Upon US Diplomat Louis Armstrong's first visit to the country we now call the Communal Republic of the Furry Fandom (specifically, the holding of Anthrocon) in 1997, he was greeted by the Wearer of the Flag fursuiter, James Ramius at that time, in what was intended to be a kind gesture. Due to the Furry belief that all speech and expression were free (imminent lawless action notwithstanding), alongside the cultural interest in "unsavory" history, it was decided that the "Flag" fursuit be colored in the stylings of the Confederate Battle Flag. This, among many other things, produced quite a culture shock (inciting the quote above) and caused quite a media circus in Washington. These days, however, the Flagsuit is considered to be one of the more tame things to come from the CRFF.

"When I said 'Nuke the Chinese', I meant 'Put the takeout in the microwave'!" Kim Il-sung.