Explain the AH Quote

Which of you sons of bitches is gonna cast the first stone, eh? You're all rats, all dirty, all looking to stab me in the back! Well I won't have it! I am still the President, and no one is going to make a goddamn fool out of me, mark my words!
Richard Nixon having a mental breakdown at his impeachment trial the trial would end in Nixon going on I tirade against all those he blamed for "ruining" his presidency

"I have seen the devil given true form upon this earth and it it that man sitting in the white house. One Francis Parker Yockey and I will stand for it no more!"

"I have seen the devil given true form upon this earth and it it that man sitting in the white house. One Francis Parker Yockey and I will stand for it no more!"
Egyptian-British communist activist Omar Sharif allegedly spoke this to fellow members of the Verus Pax Liberation Front before his assassination of Frank Yockey (September 18, 1917 –December 3, 1984), the then-US President. In truth, he said something else.

"I'd tell you what happened, but you're too stupid and arrogant to believe me."

"I'd tell you what happened, but you're too stupid and arrogant to believe me."
An unnamed CIA agent recorded talking to President Richard Nixon about communist fighters in Laos and Cambodia. Nixon allegedly had a habit of sending field agents to sabotage communist militants, and taking it poorly when they failed due to lack of intelligence and proper supplies.

“You have to draw a line in the sand. You have to ask yourself: what am I going to put up with today? Not fucking this!”

“You have to draw a line in the sand. You have to ask yourself: what am I going to put up with today? Not fucking this!”
Excerpt from a 2005 C.N.N. interview with “Wang Weilin”, the famous “Tank Man” protester who stood in the way of a column of P.L.A. Type-59 tanks during the 1989 Tiananmen Square Incident. Wang was arrested by Chinese authorities following his non-violent protest and sentenced to a prison term in a Manchurian penal colony. In 1994 Wang managed to escape and make his way across the border to Russia and from there to the United States. He has since resided in Los Angels, California and became an active member of various Western-based anti-P.R.C. organizations.

“What’s a ‘Pashtun Taliban’? Is it some sort of Pokémon?”

Quote from Miss New York (Elizabeth Peters) at the Miss America Pagent in 2000, when asked a question regarding the ongoing civil war in Pakistan between state forces and the Afghanistan-backed Pashtun Taliban Holy Front. Miss Peters would be mocked quite ruthlessly for her ignorance of global affairs on comedy and news shows for quite some time after.

"When Caesar crossed the Rubicon, I thought he was the greatest threat to the Republic. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have flocked to his banner and begged him to save us all from what was to come." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"When Caesar crossed the Rubicon, I thought he was the greatest threat to the Republic. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have flocked to his banner and begged him to save us all from what was to come." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Cicero, the famous Roman lawyer, philosopher, statesman, and general, on the preface to what was to become the single bloodiest battle in Roman history, the Battle of the Tiber. Over 80,000 Roman troops and an unknown number of barbarians were killed during the battle, which saw the barbarian hordes under the priest-king Maelmi the Merciless, supposed to have sold his soul to Pluto to gain fell powers, attempt to invade Rome. Cicero later became a major military leader in the Maelmian War, in which the Roman Republic fought off the hordes of Maelmi to restore peace to Europa.

"You are entitled to your opinion so long as that opinion is not, quite frankly, stupid."
-Genghis Khan

"You are entitled to your opinion so long as that opinion is not, quite frankly, stupid."
-Genghis Khan

Mongolian President Genghis Khan Ganbat, in 1956, when one of the opposition leaders proposed that Mongolia could take advantage of the ongoing Sino-Indian war to invade and annex Inner Mongolia. The war would, in the end, rage from 1953 to 1961, result in no territory change and the massive costs and casualties would bring down both the Chinese Dominate (a fascist state) and the United Kingdom of India (ruled by a cadet branch of the former British Royal Family) in the succeeding years.

"The Balkans have been at peace for 273 years, and by God, I will not see that change!" - Franz Ferdinand

"The Balkans have been at peace for 273 years, and by God, I will not see that change!" - Franz Ferdinand
Franz Ferdinand, King of the Danubian Federation, in response to a proposal to use a propaganda campaign to cause unrest in Italian Albania and if possible spark open rebellion. While officially holding no political power, Ferdinand was largely viewed by most in the federation as a much more worthy leader than many of the prime ministers of the Federation.

"Sorry folk's the previous act had to leave early due to something involving his mother and the next act won't be ready for another 5 minutes.
So, how are things?"

Franz Ferdinand, King of the Danubian Federation, in response to a proposal to use a propaganda campaign to cause unrest in Italian Albania and if possible spark open rebellion. While officially holding no political power, Ferdinand was largely viewed by most in the federation as a much more worthy leader than many of the prime ministers of the Federation.

"Sorry folk's the previous act had to leave early due to something involving his mother and the next act won't be ready for another 5 minutes.
So, how are things?"
Shakespeare's most famous quote. When surprising Queen Elizabeth with a play, he pioneered meta humor.

"Goddammit Carl. You f***ing llama."

Shakespeare's most famous quote. When surprising Queen Elizabeth with a play, he pioneered meta humor.

"Goddammit Carl. You f***ing llama."

Freud to Carl Jung after a particularly immature and drunken rant when plates began to break by themselves during the midst of a personal argument.

"Cuz all you people are vampires, and all your stories are stale. And though you claim to stand by us, I know yu certainly will fail!"

"Cuz all you people are vampires, and all your stories are stale. And though you claim to stand by us, I know you certainly will fail!"
Stephenie Meyer, Governor of Arizona, to British Prime Minister Tony Blair, on his stance with free trade treaties.

"The Italians already robbed Yugoslavia of their coast. They already have Istria, the Croatian Littoral, Dalmatia, Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Corfu, and Epirus, and still they're not satisfied? Tell Victor Emmanuel he can fuck off. They already have the Adriatic Sea to themselves. There will be no Italian concession in the Aegean or Black Seas, or along the Danube, be it from Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, or Romania."

"The Italians already robbed Yugoslavia of their coast. They already have Istria, the Croatian Littoral, Dalmatia, Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Corfu, and Epirus, and still they're not satisfied? Tell Victor Emmanuel he can fuck off. They already have the Adriatic Sea to themselves. There will be no Italian concession in the Aegean or Black Seas, or along the Danube, be it from Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, or Romania."

King Maximillian II of Greece (House of Hapsburg) and leader of the Balkan Alliance to the Italian Ambassador from Victor Emmanuel III in 1976, upon reciept of Italian demands to hand over the islands of Naxos, Lesbos and Thera or risk war.

"I value peace, yes, but even more than peace, I value your misery. If you insist on this present course, it will be war, and perhaps I'll have the chance to see you maimed in the battles that come."

King Maximillian II of Greece (House of Hapsburg) and leader of the Balkan Alliance to the Italian Ambassador from Victor Emmanuel III in 1976, upon reciept of Italian demands to hand over the islands of Naxos, Lesbos and Thera or risk war.

"I value peace, yes, but even more than peace, I value your misery. If you insist on this present course, it will be war, and perhaps I'll have the chance to see you maimed in the battles that come."

Julius Caesar's ultimatum to the Dacian people after surviving his assasination by a group of senators and his friend Brutus, whom he had ordered to be executed and their heads be placed on poles on the Flavian Amphitheater's entranceway. This ultimatum, known as the "Great Threat", was purely an insult to the Dacians then under King Burebista. The invasion was one of the most brutal in all of Rome's campaigns, but not with an embarrassing blow by Burabesta at the very gates of Sarmizegetusa Regia, the Dacian capital. The now popular "Battle of Red Hill" was a huge disaster for the Romans, with them losing 105,000 men, surpassing Hannibal's victory at Cannae at only 90,000 Romans killed. This was mainly due to the Romans being too overconfident because of their previous victories. As revenge, Caesar ordered the murder of any suspected Dacian soldier and their families, which would become known as the "Dacian Bloodbath".

"Poland is being attacked again....her people will suffer like they used....the Polish flag limps once more. It is our job to defend her and the principles of Democracy!"

Julius Caesar's ultimatum to the Dacian people after surviving his assasination by a group of senators and his friend Brutus, whom he had ordered to be executed and their heads be placed on poles on the Flavian Amphitheater's entranceway. This ultimatum, known as the "Great Threat", was purely an insult to the Dacians then under King Burebista. The invasion was one of the most brutal in all of Rome's campaigns, but not with an embarrassing blow by Burabesta at the very gates of Sarmizegetusa Regia, the Dacian capital. The now popular "Battle of Red Hill" was a huge disaster for the Romans, with them losing 105,000 men, surpassing Hannibal's victory at Cannae at only 90,000 Romans killed. This was mainly due to the Romans being too overconfident because of their previous victories. As revenge, Caesar ordered the murder of any suspected Dacian soldier and their families, which would become known as the "Dacian Bloodbath".

"Poland is being attacked again....her people will suffer like they used....the Polish flag limps once more. It is our job to defend her and the principles of Democracy!"
Synchronized flag waving has got to be one of the weirdest sports ever devised, but silly as it may seem today, it did make some kind of sense back in the 1930s and 40s, with Germany frustrated, the USSR contained, Mussolini reaping the fruits of an economic boom, and Britain and France having the means to come down hard on any would-be military adventurers, regular war just wasn't in the menu.

So, flag waving, all those displays and routines were in a sense, an outlet for nationalistic tendencies, a dick measuring competition with swirls of colored cloth instead of tanks and battleships. In time the displays and the over-dramatic language surrounding them (really, just look at that quote) would end up hokey and old fashioned, but for the time, it did make some kind of sense, a little, at least.

And then there's the eventual revival of the thing, but without the nationalistic angle we can all agree that it's a completely different kettle of fish, better for the quality of the spectacle, and a matter for another day...

"Britain spent her energies building fleets of immense power and massive armies, every single one of them useless, Napoleon would win, not trough war and combat but thanks to his delicious pineapples."

"Britain spent her energies building fleets of immense power and massive armies, every single one of them useless, Napoleon would win, not trough war and combat but thanks to his delicious pineapples."
New English politician Samuel Clemmens, speaking on the economic domination of Europe by the French Consulate (later the Great European Consulate) under First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte. Napoleon created the Continental System, which excluded Britain and Russia from trading with Europe, while also ensuring military protection for members. The pineapple would be a symbol of the system, as Napoleon successfully maneuvered France into the position of economic lynchpin of Europe by being the source of most trade with the colonies in Asia and the Americas.

"The Soviets are still figuring out how they almost lost World War 2, the Americans are focused on World War 3, but the Chinese... they're looking forward to trying to win World War 4, be it with fighter jets or sticks and stones..."

"The Soviets are still figuring out how they almost lost World War 2, the Americans are focused on World War 3, but the Chinese... they're looking forward to trying to win World War 4, be it with fighter jets or sticks and stones..."
WWIII came from disputes among China and Russia and lasted three years from 1974 to 1977. This line itself was from writer Ronald Reagan.

"Figures the kid named Jesus sucked at carpentry."

WWIII came from disputes among China and Russia and lasted three years from 1974 to 1977. This line itself was from writer Ronald Reagan.

"Figures the kid named Jesus sucked at carpentry."

Hunter S. Thompson about his travels south of the border in "Fear and Loathing in Tijuana." The book would prove to be more less of a success than his earlier works, but still a beloved work by many of Thompson's more fanatical fans. It would later be made into a movie in the late 90's staring Johnny Depp as Thompson in his a follow up to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

"I love Democracy. I love the Republic"

"I love Democracy. I love the Republic"
An ironic line from the Sith lord in disguise, Chancellor Palpatine, in the movie Revenge of the Sith. However, his evil plans are foiled by Senator Padme Amidala, even after he has lured her husband to the dark side.

“Don’t be cynical for the sake of cynicism. That’s pathetic. If you don’t see heroes around you, maybe you should think about where you are, not assume the whole world is like the tiny sliver you’ve seen.”

“Don’t be cynical for the sake of cynicism. That’s pathetic. If you don’t see heroes around you, maybe you should think about where you are, not assume the whole world is like the tiny sliver you’ve seen.”
The most famous line from the 1959 radio broadcast to America by Iva Toguri D'Aquino, during the darkest hour of World War III. By this time, the Soviet Union had conquered Canada and was steadily moving south across the border; the speech is generally credited with raising American morale during the Battle of Minneapolis, resulting in an American victory and the turning of the tide for the war. Toguri continued to make speeches throughout the course of the war, which eventually resulted in the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

“If you’re going to make trouble in the Canadian Empire, you might as well pay the mourners already.”

“If you’re going to make trouble in the Canadian Empire, you might as well pay the mourners already.”

Canadian Emperor Justin III to the men who signed the Declaration of Southern Independence, when the Frontier territories between the Ohio River and the Great Lakes declared independence from Canada. The Ohio War, as it came to be called, lasted 7 years and saw 50,000 dead Canadian soldiers, 34,000 dead loyalist Canadian civilians, 71,000 dead rebel soldiers and a whopping 231,000 rebel and neutral aligned civilians who were killed in the Hell Campaign in the last two years of the war, with the intention of wiping the land clean for resettlement. Over 300,000 civilians fled south to the Cherokee League, an alliance of inland Native American tribes with a series of coastal vassal city-states populated by various Europeans.

"You say my crime was killing 60 men? I say my crime was that I did not kill 600!" - Mahatma Gandhi