Es Geloybte Aretz Continuation Thread

meta is there a name to refer to germany, her allies, such as Sweden, Netherlands, and the Baden Baden countries.

in regards to these countries which ones are best at assimilating and bad at it? Have any Baden Baden nations successfully assimilated any minorities groups? Such as Poles in Lithuania etc. Are there any minority groups in Baden Baden who don't have protection laws?

Important question is there any rules in regard to a Baden Baden country policy about minorities of a another Baden Baden country in their country? As in has Lithuania and Wolhynia tried to assimilate their polish minorities, Baltic states that have other Baltic states minorities. Swedes in Finland and estonia. Do any of those nations try and interfere in other nations due to having their own national minorities in them. Or have they stated they are under their protection so don't try and mess with them, I can see Poland doing both. Or is there a general understanding Among the Baden Baden nations to leave each other respective minorities alone due to some kinship or something.

meta is there a name to refer to germany, her allies, such as Sweden, Netherlands, and the Baden Baden countries.
Wouldn’t it just be Mitteleuropa?
Or is there a general understanding Among the Baden Baden nations to leave each other respective minorities alone due to some kinship or something.
I think this is it. There was a previous discussion I seem to recall where the gist was basically “things are too complicated to make neat ethnic borders, so let’s not open that can of worms.”

Wouldn’t it just be Mitteleuropa?

I think this is it. There was a previous discussion I seem to recall where the gist was basically “things are too complicated to make neat ethnic borders, so let’s not open that can of worms.”
Would France try to create an opposing latin block with Italy, Spain and possibly Portugal and Greece?

As out of TL this may be, I have to say that if Hanover, Lower Saxony, Salic Land, Germany were to join The Commonwealth, I'd be happy.

Last edited:
got a question i learned recently coco chanel was a nazi, which reminded me of the dutch woman during ww1 who may have also been a spy for the germans. So are woman spies used in this alt europe? And have their been any akin femme fatale exist in this world? Ha there been any attempt to try get the emperor due to his womanising ways?

Not sure it has been elaborated on much, but what trajectory did Serbia take from 1908 onward? I remember they were, at least initially, intended to be subject to the overwhelming brunt of Austro-Hungarian diplomatic fury, and that they didn't make out with anything in the Balkan War analogue which led to the significant expansion of Bulgaria and the formation of a relatively large Albanian state (the latter apparently including Kosovo, with detrimental consequences to the Serbs living there). Were they able to do anything during the Augsleich Crisis or the Second Russo-German War, or have they been basically stuck in place since the first? And regardless of that, have they managed to build their state upward in the succeeding decades?

Last edited:
What is the aristocracy or upper class of the baden baden countries like? If they have aristocracy what is there relationship like with the nation and its people?

Second aren't the upper class/ aristocracy pro-russian? Are they not all the pro russian elite prior to the baden Baden nations independence, who ruled the land with russian support?. How come they were allowed to stay?

My apologies for the continuing absence, life is busy right now. The only hobby writing I find time for is www.culina-vetus.de, in case you incline historiculinarily. So let me try this:
Not sure it has been elaborated on much, but what trajectory did Serbia take from 1908 onward? I remember they were, at least initially, intended to be subject to the overwhelming brunt of Austro-Hungarian diplomatic fury, and that they didn't make out with anything in the Balkan War analogue which led to the significant expansion of Bulgaria and the formation of a relatively large Albanian state (the latter apparently including Kosovo, with detrimental consequences to the Serbs living there). Were they able to do anything during the Augsleich Crisis or the Second Russo-German War, or have they been basically stuck in place since the first? And regardless of that, have they managed to build their state upward in the succeeding decades?

Imagine a country with all the rage and disappointment of post-WWI Germany, but none of its military and industrial potential. A place condemned to be laughed at or despised, but never taken seriously by the powers surrounding it. That is midcentury Serbia. A history of occupation, limitations regimes, reparations, especially the Bosnian Volunteer Militia that did policing for the Austro-Hungarians during the war, the way Vienna sat on every ambition and the international press (unfairly, but truthfully) reported Serbian irregulars' atrocities in the Balkan conflict all created massive resentment. The country received lots of refugees from the Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina which didn't help matters at all. Its politics is a contest over who hates the outside world more and who is more truly Serbian, more orthodox, more true-blooded while its government (and the increasingly resented king) is forced to bow to every demand from Vienna.

A key moment in history comes when Serbia decides to not get involved in the second Russo-German war. Street protests and revolts rock the country, but the government that is ultimately toppled over it turns out vindicated. Russia's defeat takes some of the pressure out of the system, and in the end, ultranationalism loses steam because it cannot achieve anything. Modernising parties eventually get into government and the country links into the economic growth that happens in Austrian Illyria. Many Serbs move to Austria as guest workers. The place still sucks, but not as badly. In the end, it's just another East European backwater with the usual nationalist rhetoric and venal government, living on extractive industries and remittances. Belgrade actually turns into a pretty nice, culturally active city. Many tourists go there because it's picturesque and alcohol is cheap, but there is also a real art scene and a lot of innovation happening.

What is the aristocracy or upper class of the baden baden countries like? If they have aristocracy what is there relationship like with the nation and its people?
Depends - it's different in various countries. Generally, though, they have an aristocracy both of blood and of service, and the two are more closely intertwined than in Germany.
Some places, especially where the upper class is traditionally ethnically different from the peasantry, see considerable tension. Finland resolves it by basically pointedly inviting its Swedish-speaking minority to use Finnish in public. That works surprisingly well. In Poland, similarly, Polish is the language of the upper class and everyone learns it. The presence of large and cohesive German and Yiddish speaking communities makes a unity like Finland's impossible, though. In the Baltics, things get ugly in a low-key, simmering resentment way. The German-speaking upper class are protected by Berlin and they use it to the hilt, making no friends with their arrogant ways.
Generally, things go best where the ruling class integrate newcomers (say, decorated veterans and successful businesspeople) and adopt the national language in public. Where they stay clannish and use their own language.

Second aren't the upper class/ aristocracy pro-russian? Are they not all the pro russian elite prior to the baden Baden nations independence, who ruled the land with russian support?. How come they were allowed to stay?
It depends. Germany is a very traditional country when it comes to government, and has great confidence in its ability to co-opt local leaders. Any aristocratic family that wants to be part of the new order is welcome. At an individual level, there were issues (we talked about that with regard to Russian officers), but there is no blanket ban on Russian collaborators. These are different times.
Any aristocrats (or commoners) that retain Russian as their language, obviously, are not welcome. Ethnic identity is pretty fluid, though. If, say, the Rennenkampf family decided to be part of the new state of Livland and serve in its institutions, they would be welcome as Baltic Germans, but if they decided to move to Pskov and take the Czar's commission, they would be Russians. Plenty of German noble families have ancestry who fought under Danish, Polish, French or Austrian banners. They understand that kind of thing.
Of course a generation down, things are different. The old aristocracy needs to open its ranks to people who came up in the military (a lot of the leaders of the nationalist forces are commoners or lesser gentry, but they get the plum jobs in this new world), and one way of retaining their position is to become more Catholic than the pope on national matters. Many of the most vocal defenders of Finnishness were once proud graduates of Russian cadet schools.

Someone mentioned something about Ukrainian Catholics. Is the catholic church over the moon about the baden-baden countries formation. Bunch new catholic countries with no pesky secularism and strong catholic identity. Has the church tried to make any moves? Any attempts to revive Ukrainian Catholicism?

Second have you had any new thoughts on monarch dynasties or rulers themselves of the baden baden nations? Last time i asked it was mostly vasa descendents, minor german nobility (still confused why major german dynasties don't get the new thrones) poland with the only actual person of name.

Someone mentioned something about Ukrainian Catholics. Is the catholic church over the moon about the baden-baden countries formation. Bunch new catholic countries with no pesky secularism and strong catholic identity. Has the church tried to make any moves? Any attempts to revive Ukrainian Catholicism?

Second have you had any new thoughts on monarch dynasties or rulers themselves of the baden baden nations? Last time i asked it was mostly vasa descendents, minor german nobility (still confused why major german dynasties don't get the new thrones) poland with the only actual person of name.
I guess they would be greek catholics.

I guess they would be greek catholics.

The Ukrainians would be, yes: Overwhelmingly Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. Most of them in the old Austrian Galicia, but in this timeline, I expect there would be a small but significant number in Ruthenia (Stalin's suppressions never haing taken place).

So to summarise german poles becoming germans is this. With germany removing discrimination policies against poles. Economic, social, and political factors have been the main factors causing majority of german poles to become germans of polish origin. Due to new pool of low skilled, cheap workers from baden baden nations, german poles are having become more educated to get the better jobs as they can't out cheap them. German identity itself has been laxed to be accommodating to poles. As long as you speak german you are german thus allowing poles to be both this intern allows poles to assimilate much easier as it means can adopt more german culture through pop culture. entertainment mixing more with germans and general wider access to germany which is easier. So while grandparents could speak only polish the parents are bilingual, the children will be german speaking first, polish secondary, lastly grandchildren are either german speaking or only have a rudimentary understanding of polish, as german language means full access would allowb. (similar to latin american assimilation in the usa). Politically as long as you speak german you can do most things politically, so they are more invested in politics, government and take part in wider political life. They are now invested and have tangible ties to german politics in which they do not want to lose.

Is this generally correct or am i still the idiot.

So to summarise german poles becoming germans is this. With germany removing discrimination policies against poles. Economic, social, and political factors have been the main factors causing majority of german poles to become germans of polish origin. Due to new pool of low skilled, cheap workers from baden baden nations, german poles are having become more educated to get the better jobs as they can't out cheap them. German identity itself has been laxed to be accommodating to poles. As long as you speak german you are german thus allowing poles to be both this intern allows poles to assimilate much easier as it means can adopt more german culture through pop culture. entertainment mixing more with germans and general wider access to germany which is easier. So while grandparents could speak only polish the parents are bilingual, the children will be german speaking first, polish secondary, lastly grandchildren are either german speaking or only have a rudimentary understanding of polish, as german language means full access would allowb. (similar to latin american assimilation in the usa). Politically as long as you speak german you can do most things politically, so they are more invested in politics, government and take part in wider political life. They are now invested and have tangible ties to german politics in which they do not want to lose.

Is this generally correct or am i still the idiot.
Broadly, yes. It was bumpier than that, but that is how it went for those who chose to assimilate. Those who didn't often migrated to Poland or took Polish citizenship, so they are no longer German.