Empty Continents Children’s Drawings

So, I can’t do graphic design and I can’t draw… what must I do?

I’ll just use a lore explanation to justify my terrible drawing skills! This one’s drawn by a 9 year old.

I don’t think I understand the context behind this one.

IMG_1811-min.jpeg

So, I can’t do graphic design and I can’t draw… what must I do?

I’ll just use a lore explanation to justify my terrible drawing skills! This one’s drawn by a 9 year old.

I don’t think I understand the context behind this one.

View attachment 906542
Looks like an old political cartoon with a more childish art style?

Honestly if you cleaned up the lines and gave it a more balanced layout, this would be a solid political cartoon. Stylized figures are common in them after all.

I would say it doesn't make sense to consign yourself to being "bad" at graphic design and drawing. It's not an inherent quality. Everyone starts off like this (or really, substantially worse than this) and works their way up.
There's plenty of opportunity to learn to draw more realistically or do better graphic design, and people either on this site or on the wider internet willing to give you tips.

That said, this "children's drawings from alternate timelines or the future" angle for sharing your drawings until you've honed your skills to the point that you're confident enough to share your work without such a framing device is certainly an innovative approach and gives you a chance to feel the satisfaction of posting your work for others to see. If you do decide to try and hone your artistic skills, it also gives us a chance to watch your progress (the in-world "child" artists ageing, if you will).

Is this your usual drawing style or is it intentionally made messier to resemble a child's work? I'm curious as to what your drawings usually look like.
Even if this is how you usually draw, remember, every artist drew like this at one point, and it's just a matter of practicing certain techniques if you want your art to be more realistic or "better". Obviously it takes time but it's a skill you can hone if that's important to you. Artistic skill is not an inborn quality. My friend's mom is an emergency room nurse with little artistic experience, and she started making amazing after getting into painting in her 40s or 50s. Just because you may have started learning art later than some people, doesn't mean you can't get to the same level.

This drawing was made to resemble a child’s, although my regular drawings aren’t that better. There’s a delicate balance between “detailed context” and “framing device I used as an excuse.”

In Empty Continents, the world is much more shaky economically, so political groups will be more likely to find children to draw propaganda for them. So it wouldn’t be one child, but a number of different children representing political ideas.

The full context for this image will come soon, when the Britain/Ireland update drops.