DBWI: U.S. Presidential Election, 1964

Who are you voting for in November?

• Vice President George W. Romney (R-MI) / Senator Roman L. Hruska (R-NE)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Governor Theodor S. Geisel (D-NY) / Senator Ronald W. Reagan (D-CA)

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
A cartoonist versus an automobile executive, you say? I'm going to cast my vote with the funnier of the two. Geisel has done wonders in the state of New York over the course of the past few years, and with someone as bright and optimistic as Ronnie as his co-pilot, I think we'll make out nicely in 1965.

Incumbent:
William F. Knowland (R-CA)

Last edited:
I'm voting for Romney myself, despite having voted for JFK in 1960. Hopefully he can rebuild our relations with the Europeans after having the Senator from Formosa as POTUS.

I'm voting for Romney myself, despite having voted for JFK in 1960. Hopefully he can rebuild our relations with the Europeans after having the Senator from Formosa as POTUS.

I'm not so sure.

Have you read Geisel's program for this year? Hop on Pop details not only his plans for reconciliation with the European Community (a proposed mutual defense pact between the North American Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Defense Organization (EDO), recognition of the Communist-led government in Italy, repeal of the chicken tax, etc.), but his plans for the domestic economy (Fox in Socks--a program aimed at eliminating child poverty and jump starting conservation programs at the same time) as well.

What's Romney offering? A return to the isolationism of Republican administrations past. He did get the endorsement of the America First Association, after all.

I still prefer Romney for experience reasons: the Dems have a cartoonist and a bleeding-heart former actor.

OOC: Is this a preview of things to come in oakvale's Ford TL?