DBWI: It Was 40 Years Ago Today....

That Robert F. Kennedy fallowed in his late brother, John F. Kennedy, and became president of the United States.

I'm to young to remember the event, but for those of you who aren't, this must be a memorable day.

What are your thoughts on RFK's Presidency? Indeed, we all know how it ended, with his resignation, but most historians look back at his time in the white house positively. They do this, dispite the scandal the erupted there.

That Robert F. Kennedy fallowed in his late brother, John F. Kennedy, and became president of the United States.

I'm to young to remember the event, but for those of you who aren't, this must be a memorable day.

What are your thoughts on RFK's Presidency? Indeed, we all know how it ended, with his resignation, but most historians look back at his time in the white house positively. They do this, dispite the scandal the erupted there.
Well, Where to Start ...

I Guess him Punching out Sirhan B. Sirhan, Will ALWAYS be My Favourite Iconic Image of him ...

Too Bad about that Actress' Body they Found in The Bathroom at The White House; What was her Name, Again?

Well, Where to Start ...

I Guess him Punching out Sirhan B. Sirhan, Will ALWAYS be My Favourite Iconic Image of him ...

Too Bad about that Actress' Body they Found in The Bathroom at The White House; What was her Name, Again?

Sandra Dee, I think or maybe Yvette Mimieux. I don't know why he resigned; was it his fault that she (whoever she was) overdosed on that combination of drugs? All the scandal was trumpeted by the West-Coast Conservative Republicans.....

To my mind, Kennedy Mk. II will always remain synonymous with the Vietnam War. I still have the old newsreel footage seared within my mind.

"Hey! Hey! RFK how many kids have you killed today?"

No wonder Goldwater won in '72 with so much bad feeling.

OOC: Wait? Is he following JFK literally as the President right after or just following in his footsteps and becoming president after LBJ? The former is near impossible since LBJ was Vice-President and would have immediately succeeded Kennedy. If the latter, you can't pin Vietnam on him to any degree since it was Johnson's war, and he likely would have ended it faster than Nixon (and ran in '68 on a platform containing that). And that would negate Goldwater in '72.

OOC: Wait? Is he following JFK literally as the President right after or just following in his footsteps and becoming president after LBJ? The former is near impossible since LBJ was Vice-President and would have immediately succeeded Kennedy. If the latter, you can't pin Vietnam on him to any degree since it was Johnson's war, and he likely would have ended it faster than Nixon (and ran in '68 on a platform containing that). And that would negate Goldwater in '72.

OOC: well, this is 2008, and since the title is "40 years ago today", it means that he was elected in 1968. at least, thats what I was going for.