DBWI: Christian America?

I know this sounds crazy, but what if America were a Christian theocracy instead of a Jewish one? Wouldn't it be weird if Christians were the majority? I guess they're just not the type for converts. ;)

I know this sounds crazy, but what if America were a Christian theocracy instead of a Jewish one? Wouldn't it be weird if Christians were the majority? I guess they're just not the type for converts. ;)

Christians are wimps who never stand up for themselves. Trust me, there will never be a Christian "theocracy."

Next you'll be imaging Christians going on "crusades" or launching "inquisitions" and executing heretics. :rolleyes:

Baskilisk

Banned
OOC: Maybe the PoD is in the first few centuries, where a different schism in the Christian church results in the ATL Catholic analogues being called the "Christians" while some other sect is known as the Jews, and the "Catholics" get overtaken by the Muslims until there are a minority. That's what I thought when I read it.

OOC: Maybe the PoD is in the first few centuries, where a different schism in the Christian church results in the ATL Catholic analogues being called the "Christians" while some other sect is known as the Jews, and the "Catholics" get overtaken by the Muslims until there are a minority. That's what I thought when I read it.

OOC: Would there really be an America with this early a POD though? I would think not...

Interesting idea. But I was thinking some sort of ATL that caused Christianity to not catch on as well, perhaps Christ not being crucified, or a Muslim conquest of Europe that would cause Christianity to be eradicated and Jews to become so oppressed that they head on over to the New World on the Marchbloom.

Interesting idea. But I was thinking some sort of ATL that caused Christianity to not catch on as well, perhaps Christ not being crucified, or a Muslim conquest of Europe that would cause Christianity to be eradicated and Jews to become so oppressed that they head on over to the New World on the Marchbloom.

Well, the Muslims usually tolerated the Jews more than the Christians did during that era.

Baskilisk

Banned
OOC: Would there really be an America with this early a POD though? I would think not...
Well, they didn't specify it was the United States, for all we know the Muslims colonized the New World and shipped all the Jews there. Also, this obviously butterflies Amerigo Vespucci.