Crusader Kings

The Tribe of Cuman has reduced Hungary down to a shadow of its former self. The Pagans are oddly strong this game.

It's funny when you're mobilized and the commander of one of your armies becomes Papal Controller. No AI, I'm Papal Controller hahahaha!

Alright, Rus has been formed on time, and Croatia has conquered Poland and her vassals. The Mongols should be arriving around the time of the reign of Lajos, son of Saul, grandson of Blaz, great-grandson of Petar, great-great grandson of Lijubomir, and great-great-great grandson of Stejpan.

England as of the turn of the century. Most of Scotland is controlled by the Arabs, Ireland is mismatched, and Wales is controlled by Croatia.

anything.png

Europe, with France a notable power, the Low Countries controlled by Croatia as well as Poland, and Germany is divided between Bavaria, Bohemia and some minor states.

anything.png

The Mediterranean, with the former Byzantine lands being taken over by the Seljuk Turks. The Holy Lands are fractured, and Egypt has been taken over by Bohemia.

anything.png

I'm kinda new to CK, I've mucked about for a bit and for the most part I know how things work.

What I want to do is take a Count, become a Duke and then King. Specifically I want to do it starting in Britain. Is there any advice you guys can give me?

The main problem is that I always run out of money. How far can I go into debt?

Infinitely (as in, up to the limits of the game engine - never found them out), as far as I know.

Advice:

Marry well. Look for opportunities outside the British isles. Counts rarely have the military force to achieve much with just one county.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ins-of-Gold-The-Story-of-The-House-of-D-Albon

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?144160-Stupor-Mundi-The-House-of-Hohenstaufen

They're in France and Germany respectively, but they're illustrations of the path you're talking about (and fun reads).

Excommunicated people should have their titles seized. Even if you can't take advantage of it right away.

And...I'm sure there are some counties which are better than others, but that I don't know.

Thanks to strategic marriages, my grandson Slavich is set to be the next King of Rus. He'll need it, since he'll probably be the one to deal with the Mongols.

The King of Rus, despite being ill, continued to live. Saul the Methuselahan, King of Croatia, died of old age, leaving his son Lajos to control the grand Empire of the East.

Lajos, a more reckless and opportunistic ruler than his timid father, decided that his nephew, Slavich, should be given his spot as King of Rus as soon as possible. That night, the King of Rus dies quietly, and painlessly in his sleep from the presumed ills of his age and disease.

A Trpmirovic is on the Russian throne! All hail the Eastern Empire!

Is there a program that will chart the dynasties in Crusader Kings? I'd like to see the course of the Royal Family of Sardinia (soon to be Sardinia-Apulia) through the whole game.

And what about a program that'll export the saved game to EUIII?

The Pope and the Emperor of Croatia are first cousins (once removed). The Trpmirovics are also beginning to get back to their South Slavic roots.

Is there a program that will chart the dynasties in Crusader Kings? I'd like to see the course of the Royal Family of Sardinia (soon to be Sardinia-Apulia) through the whole game.

And what about a program that'll export the saved game to EUIII?

I know there's something for the latter somewhere (I'd check the Paradox forums as the place its likely to be hidden), but I don't know about the former.

Just got the game, with Deus Vult, and it's awesome. Currently playing Lübeck in the 1066 scenario. I've managed to, somehow, take over Mecklenburg's provinces and vassals, becoming a duke and converting most of my provinces. The vassals, or their children, have all converted. Installed my brother/stepson as count of Gotland. Married my stepmother, a bastard of the Danish king. Later assassinated her. Mwhaha. It's nice to be petty for a change.

Just got the game, with Deus Vult, and it's awesome. Currently playing Lübeck in the 1066 scenario. I've managed to, somehow, take over Mecklenburg's provinces and vassals, becoming a duke and converting most of my provinces. The vassals, or their children, have all converted. Installed my brother/stepson as count of Gotland. Married my stepmother, a bastard of the Danish king. Later assassinated her. Mwhaha. It's nice to be petty for a change.

I love the weird stuff that happens. The Byzantines have been crushed, the entire Iberian pennisula - not counting for central Spain - is in Muslim hands, William of Normandy's kingdom completely collapsed, with him now at the age of 70 leading only northern England, Wales has become a kingdom of its own, Ireland was originally completely taken over by Poland but is now equally divided with Germany, Poland has essentially the entire eastern Baltic coast. :D