Containerization delayed; effects on China?

I'm curious what the impact would be if mass containerization was delayed from the 1960's by a decade or two due to a combination of regulation and open resistance by longshoremen. Presumably the costs of international trade would remain comparatively high, especially for consumer goods but how would this impact developing China? Is the growth and stability of China affected?

SsgtC

Banned
Not really. At least I don't think it is. China'' economy didn't really take off until the 80s anyway. So maybe some things are delayed. Not as many consumer goods sold in China because of the higher costs. We MIGHT see more manufacturing staying in the US as the higher shipping costs balance out the cheaper labor. But as soon as containerization comes in, those companies will up and move anyway.

Also, while container ships are so high profile now, the big impetus was from rail lines, wanting to get long distance freight back. My guess is that the initial phases go very like OTL, and that, if the longshoremen are obnoxious, someone builds a big non-union port. In Mexico if necessary.