Building an Earthlike World

This is a continuation of a world building started by Will Brawner after he left the project. The goal of this project is to create a world full of different and unique cultures which interact with one another. You're all free to create cultures and languages as long as they're realistic and believable.

Currently we have finished the continents, topography, biomes, and human migrations and are just starting to create cultures. But we still need to finish and finalize domesticates, cultivars, and other languages. I'll accept any help.

Here's our wiki, http://elworld.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, you'll all find maps on topography, biomes, agriculture, winds, water currents, and plate tectonics.

Here's some maps.

Topography
jehLQZ8.png

Biomes
NmWkTGZ.png

Spread of Agriculture
0Ei2lSa.png

Winds
Fmb2zte.png

Water Currents
wu0y9dw.png

Tectonic Plates
6N60iBN.png

Minerals
JkItjj5.png

Languages
CJvnm1H.png

Last edited:
You need to add labels to the mineral, biome, and spread-of-agriculture maps. Otherwise no-one is going to know what the hell all those different colours mean.

Also, I see this world has only 2 Hadley cells per hemisphere as opposed to Earth's 3 (I'm assuming it either is significantly smaller than Earth or rotates significantly slower?). The resulting equatorial scorching hot drybelt should be interesting.:D

You need to add labels to the mineral, biome, and spread-of-agriculture maps. Otherwise no-one is going to know what the hell all those different colours mean.

Also, I see this world has only 2 Hadley cells per hemisphere as opposed to Earth's 3 (I'm assuming it either is significantly smaller than Earth or rotates significantly slower?). The resulting equatorial scorching hot drybelt should be interesting.:D

The labels are on the wiki. Sorry if I forgot. Also we're undergoing a process of desertification in the southern continent.

Nilesap

Banned
What method is used to make the elevation maps?

Your map's design is one I want to emulate for a fantasy setting.