Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo! Roberto! This should be put into the wiki, to make it easier to find. Do you want to do that or should I?

This was also just after I was thinking that a BCE base map thread would be handy, so does that make him a Prophet?

Anyways this is 500 BCE, I don't know if Carthage was controlled by the Persian Empire or not, so unless I get reliable information that Carthage was directly apart of Persia I will show it as its own nation.

Nice map, but in the future use the file-naming rubric. For example, that map would be "blankworldUCS -500".

This is an excellent resource, but something's off about the Soviet Union. It collapsed in 1991, not 1990.

Yep, you're right. I thought it was fishy too, but I'm too tired to fix it.

Yo! Roberto! This should be put into the wiki, to make it easier to find. Do you want to do that or should I?

Go ahead. I'll PM Ian to sticky this.

Ian the Admin

Administrator
Donor
Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand go from the British color to some kind of burgundy (which isn't in the color scheme) in 1939. Then they all go white in 1975.

Status of the dominions does change with the Statute of Westminster in 1931, but nothing big happens after that other than South Africa becoming a republic (which you've got).

Also, thread stickied.

Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand go from the British color to some kind of burgundy (which isn't in the color scheme) in 1939. Then they all go white in 1975.

Status of the dominions does change with the Statute of Westminster in 1931, but nothing big happens after that other than South Africa becoming a republic (which you've got).

Also, thread stickied.

That color represents the British Dominions. I'm not sure why they all go to white, but I suppose you could keep them as either Dominions or completely independent.

Thanks for stickying.

Also, thread stickied.
cool. your next post is your 1000th.:D

Last edited:
The maps here seem to be pretty consistent with other maps of OTL.

Only several issues I found, though.

• I think the Aral Sea is smaller by 2008
  • Walvis Bay is shown as independent in 1990, but I think that it was controlled by South Africa at the time
  • In 1990, I don't think Portugal still controlled East Timor
Other than that. I have to say that I'm appreciating this thread already.

I just want to emphasize this again:

When you make a new map, make the file name 'blankworldUCS [year]'. If the year is BC, put a '-' before the year number. For example, the 550 BC map is saved as 'blankworldUCS -550'.

If you are updating a map, just copy the file name but put 'v.2' after the year number. Similarly, if you are updating an already updated map, you would put 'v.3', or whatever number version it is.

This is for convenience of somebody who is trying to find base maps, specifically through the paperclip-file-box function. Believe me, after spending weeks sifting through the site that way, I feel very passionate about this.

I believe that in the maps of 1000 and 1066, Kievan Rus is placed a little bit too far north. As it is shown, Kiev is nearly on the southern border, and the Baltic lands which were not controlled by Kiev are far too small.

Also, it seems that the map of 1793 shows the eastern border of Poland-Lithuania a little too far to the east. It looks as if Vilnius is already within Russia, which it wasn't. It might just be the way I look though...

Otherwise, this is super-hyper-awemuch!

I get it! My maps ain't perfect! What did you expect, I'm only (mostly) human! If you see a glaring error that needs to be rectified, fix it yourself! In fact, please fix it, the goal of this thread is to have base maps that are as accurate as possible.

I get it! My maps ain't perfect! What did you expect, I'm only (mostly) human! If you see a glaring error that needs to be rectified, fix it yourself! In fact, please fix it, the goal of this thread is to have base maps that are as accurate as possible.

Then it would suit you to make just a basic assessment of the validity of maps you put in it before you do so!

Maybe in the 2008 map you could show the Russian influence over Belarus, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, as well as the American influence in Iraq.

Since when did the independent South Africa get its own colour? Maybe the other ex-dominions should have their own as well?

Otherwise very good work!

Here's 1989:

I'm fairly sure that there were more SSRs than that... :rolleyes:

This was also just after I was thinking that a BCE base map thread would be handy, so does that make him a Prophet?

:D

Anyways this is 500 BCE, I don't know if Carthage was controlled by the Persian Empire or not, so unless I get reliable information that Carthage was directly apart of Persia I will show it as its own nation.

Carthage has never, at any point, been controled by Persia...

As much as I'd like it to have... :(

Oh, and YOU PEOPLE KEEP FORGETING TO PUT TENASSERIM IN THE MAPS!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Britain held Tenasserim since 1826, following the first Anglo-Burmese War...

I'm fairly sure that there were more SSRs than that... :rolleyes:

Oh, and YOU PEOPLE KEEP FORGETING TO PUT TENASSERIM IN THE MAPS!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Britain held Tenasserim since 1826, following the first Anglo-Burmese War...

Don't know about the SSRs, I didnt actually make these maps, I just UCSed them all.

As for Tenasserim, it's on there. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.