BardWI: WI Operation Sealion Was Succesful

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Saving Private Ryan, the critically acclaimed 1998
film set during the D-Day invasion of Normandy during World War II, directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Robert Rodat,
the Allies, who included the USA, Great Britain and Canada invaded Normandy across the English Channel.

If they could do it why
couldn't the German's perform the reverse operation, when the USA hadn't even joined in the war at that stage and the British had just run home to mommy from France?

Saving Private Ryan begins by showing the landing
on Omaha Beach. Tom Hanks struggles against German Army infantry,
MG42's and artillery fire. But he rallies a his platoon and penetrates the
German defenses, leading to a breakout from the beach. This proves that
the Germans could have done the same thing on British beaches.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
In Saving Private Ryan, the critically acclaimed 1998
film set during the D-Day invasion of Normandy during World War II, directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Robert Rodat,
the Allies, who included the USA, Great Britain and Canada invaded Normandy across the English Channel.

If they could do it why
couldn't the German's perform the reverse operation, when the USA hadn't even joined in the war at that stage and the British had just run home to mommy from France?

Saving Private Ryan begins by showing the landing
on Omaha Beach. Tom Hanks struggles against German Army infantry,
MG42's and artillery fire. But he rallies a his platoon and penetrates the
German defenses, leading to a breakout from the beach. This proves that
the Germans could have done the same thing on British beaches.

:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

An invasion of England in 1940 would be easy. After all, somebody else did it in 1066.

The flat bottomed river barges. Napoleon had that idea to. So did the Vasa, but it sunk :(

Maybe it was called Op Sealion cuz the Thule Society had mystically trained sea lions to carry over Waffen SS troops. They were working on whales to hual panzers to.

I saw it on History "Nazi Occult" it think. Or maybe some internet site somewhere.

All the Germans would have to do is use British aircraft in German markings to win the Battle of England. I've seen lots of times the Japanese using American aircraft with Japanese markings in McHale's Navy so that proves it happened. Anyway, all the Royal Army was in Antwerp where Churchill was leading a Navy armored car brigade.

bard32

Banned
(OOC: This is a new WI I just invited--a BardWI! I'm sure everyone on the board is intelligent to figure out what the object of it is. And yes, I do feel dirty for acting like Bard and speaking of the sea-mammal-that-must-not-be-named in the same post. Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't brought this up yet.)

IC: So guys, I was watching the History Channel the other day and a show was on talking about Operation Sealion. WI the Germans had invaded England and occupied it? Would resistance spring up in Skotland? Would the Germans win the war and go after the US next with a fleet of Bismarck-class battleships?
I also saw a show on National Geographic about how the Luftwaffe was this close to beating the RAF. I read on the back of a trading card too that the Luftwaffe had a 1000:0 kill ratio against the RAF. What say you?

If Operation Sea Lion was successful, Colonel Franz Six, (yes, that's his real name,) would have been made Gauleiter of Britain. King George V would have been a prisoner in the Tower of London, (see Len Deighton's alternate history novel SS GB,) and British workers would be forced to work in Germany as slave laborers. There'd also be a British resistance movement.
Success of Operation Sea Lion would have depended on four things: Germany getting enough landing barges, Germany getting air superiority over the proposed landing beaches, the weather, (Eagle Day was postponed 98 hours due to rain,) the Luftwaffe knocking out the British Chain Home radar station on the first day. If these things had occurred in the order listed, then Britain would have fallen. What the heck, make it five. Neville
Chamberlain, and not Winston Churchill, as British Prime Minister.

If Operation Sea Lion was successful, Colonel Franz Six, (yes, that's his real name,) would have been made Gauleiter of Britain. King George V would have been a prisoner in the Tower of London, (see Len Deighton's alternate history novel SS GB,) and British workers would be forced to work in Germany as slave laborers. There'd also be a British resistance movement.
Success of Operation Sea Lion would have depended on four things: Germany getting enough landing barges, Germany getting air superiority over the proposed landing beaches, the weather, (Eagle Day was postponed 98 hours due to rain,) the Luftwaffe knocking out the British Chain Home radar station on the first day. If these things had occurred in the order listed, then Britain would have fallen. What the heck, make it five. Neville

I can't tell if he's serious.

You really nailed it there Bard. Outstanding.

bard32

Banned
All the Germans would have to do is use British aircraft in German markings to win the Battle of England. I've seen lots of times the Japanese using American aircraft with Japanese markings in McHale's Navy so that proves it happened. Anyway, all the Royal Army was in Antwerp where Churchill was leading a Navy armored car brigade.

Bill, have you ever heard of KG 200? It was secret squadron of the Luftwaffe,
and that's exactly what they did. They used captured Allied airplanes.
Any good web sites about KG 200?

Bill, have you ever heard of KG 200? It was secret squadron of the Luftwaffe,
and that's exactly what they did. They used captured Allied airplanes.
Any good web sites about KG 200?
If it's so secret how do we know about it?:cool:

ooc: Come on guys, this is getting a little too mean on the poor guy. Either that or he's trolling and at most deserves no response.

Status
Not open for further replies.