Aside from Western-style clothing, what alternative forms of clothing could have remained popular?

In the 19th century in Hungary there was an alternate to western style called "Díszmagyar" that was also accepted at the most elegant places. This was styled on early 18th century noble clothing. If things developed differently some kind of evolution of it might have remained in use till today.

The other picture is of the freshly elected MP's of the far right Mi Hazánk party. The same style has been worn previously by Jobbik representatives and seems to be a thing in ultra nacionalistic circles.
Adam Ant type fit lmao. Not gonna lie tho wearing cavalry uniforms in public would be awesome

Because...it's not considered fashionable? I don't know, man. If you're making an ideological statement -- you'd want a collared shirt with no tie at all. Why would you wear a tie-substitute? That won't set you apart from the tie-wearing colonialist infidels.

And if you're just trying to fit in or be fashionable -- there just isn't much love in Iran for neckties, bowties, cravats, bolo ties, or anything of the sort. It's just...not considered tasteful, like it is in the West.

Because...it's not considered fashionable
Wait, I'm confused. The mentions of colonialism and Iran doesn't make sense. I'm not saying cravats would be common in the Middle East or Iran, just that you could come up with a TL where ascots or cravats never go away or take the position ties have OTL. Like, in the West. And, by extension, Iran might adopt it as a part of the Pahlavi Westernization program but that's completely irrelevant to my point.

How about this kind of clothing?

jpi0es93d6n01.jpg

Wait, I'm confused. The mentions of colonialism and Iran doesn't make sense. I'm not saying cravats would be common in the Middle East or Iran, just that you could come up with a TL where ascots or cravats never go away or take the position ties have OTL. Like, in the West. And, by extension, Iran might adopt it as a part of the Pahlavi Westernization program but that's completely irrelevant to my point.
Oh, yeah. I thought you were asking why cravats weren't popular in Iran. I was confused, too. Yes, I can see that happening in another TL.
How about this kind of clothing?
This works too! Although I think it'd suit an Iranian monarchy more than the Islamic Republic. Seems like the sort of thing the Pahlavis or Qajars would wear.

The clothing worn by the Polish Szlachta nobility looks very interesting, it kinda feels like a mix of Eastern and Western fashion. Perhaps these could be more popular through not just Europe, but across the world in a timeline where Poland has some global influence.

b310101e090f22a72660f0dda9e7a3ec.jpg

tumblr_n346imV3ti1qfg0tlo1_1280.jpg

E4QpM76XIAMxvKb.jpg

This works too! Although I think it'd suit an Iranian monarchy more than the Islamic Republic. Seems like the sort of thing the Pahlavis or Qajars would wear.
I wasn't talking about Iran... I was just adding onto what everyone else was saying about 19th century uniforms being popular :oops:

Adam Ant type fit lmao. Not gonna lie tho wearing cavalry uniforms in public would be awesome
I would totally wear a full on hussar uniform (including the Pelisse on the shoulder) if I could.

The ones on the pictures are only inspired by hussar uniforms. (Also a quick note: I would struggle with the terms for clothings in hungarian and in english im hopelessly lost) The pants I think are simple suit pants and only the coat has hussar like decoration and usually much more subdued than it was on the actual hussar uniform. The guy with the yellow decoration is actually the first time I see this garb with the decoration either not matching the color of the coat or being simply black (I have seen grey coat with black decorations). I think it looks good but wearing it would have implications I would rather avoid.

Hussar uniform is very cool, would love to see that as an everyday clothing for guys☺️.

And I always liked the Circassian style..
1a189dfe95300e402dffc76eb71bf9e7--la-source-armors.jpg

HI211-861.jpg

94011c4370eabf6cfc5f5a1a8b603f24.jpg

tumblr_oo9iuuSy391tfpj0go2_1280.jpg