Article on plan to rescue Nicholas II

i also read an article in a Hist mag yest about how there was a plan by a British RN armd car contingent officer stationed in Russia during 1917-18 to rescue Tsar Nicholas II involving the Tsar shaving and having a haircut, changing into the uniform of a British orderly, and leaving in 1 armd car sent to the place where his family was being held (I believe it was before they were moved to Yekaterinburg). However, the plan fell thru when the Tsar insisted on having the rest of his family rescued too.

WI however this plan had gone ahead, and Nicholas II was rescued ? How would his freedom have affected the course of Russian hist and int'l relations generally ?

Melvin-read the book Rescuing the Tsar?There was another book after the one I mentioned that might have claimed PART of the Tsar's family remained alive!They never found remains of two of the children-Alexei and Anastasia.

Thought

I thought that when the Russian govt excavated the graves a few yrs ago for reburial in consecrated ground they did the forensics and everyone was there. :confused:

I will try and dig up-no pun title.Believe it was on the romanovs.Book mentions that two bodies of the family were never buried. They had a funeral with the bodies of Tsar and wife and three of the girls.But no bodies of Anastasia and alexei!