Andean War

what would have happened if the 2008 Andean diplomatic crisis escalated into a war between colombia vs. venezuela & ecuador?
how would the other south & north american nation react?
who would win?

celt

Banned
Well colombia will get massive assistance from the USA,I'll make a wild guess and say Peru might come on to Colombia's side,they've had a few border disputes with Ecuador over the years,and if Colombia gets tag teamed they might suspect their next.

Brazil,Mexico and the rest of Latin America does its best to get a cease fire and the combatants to the peace table.

Though Cuba and Bolivia will come out insupport of Venezuela and Eduador for obvious reasons.

Well colombia will get massive assistance from the USA,

While Colombia would get covert aide from the U.S. we would'nt openly support them since the Colombians were the ones who were continuously violating the sovereignty of Ecuador and thus would be the Aggressors.

I'll make a wild guess and say Peru might come on to Colombia's side,they've had a few border disputes with Ecuador over the years,and if Colombia gets tag teamed they might suspect their next.

That's not how things work.

Peru would be neutral since doing otherwise would seriously damage their image internationally and likely make alot of Peruvians pissed off.

Also, Peru has no territorial disputes with Ecuador.

celt

Banned
While Colombia would get covert aide from the U.S. we would'nt openly support them since the Colombians were the ones who were continuously violating the sovereignty of Ecuador and thus would be the Aggressors.

That's not how things work.

Peru would be neutral since doing otherwise would seriously damage their image internationally and likely make alot of Peruvians pissed off.

Also, Peru has no territorial disputes with Ecuador.

1. History of the Ecuadorian–Peruvian territorial dispute - Wikipedia

I was thinking of that,wild guess no harm done!

I disagree about you with US aid though,theirs no way in hell the US would let the Colombians be defeated and their goverment weakened with the risk of the narco-terriorist FARC.

I disagree about you with US aid though,theirs no way in hell the US would let the Colombians be defeated and their goverment weakened with the risk of the narco-terriorist FARC.

The Colombians would'nt be defeated even if they were on their own.

Without any U.S. intervention it would end in a stalemate leaning in Colombia's favor.

The Colombians would'nt be defeated even if they were on their own.

Without any U.S. intervention it would end in a stalemate leaning in Colombia's favor.
well colombia does have more advanced weaponry even if they did have a 2 front war. but i remember hearing Nicaragua was siding with Venezuela how would their troops help the odds

well colombia does have more advanced weaponry even if they did have a 2 front war. but i remember hearing Nicaragua was siding with Venezuela how would their troops help the odds

They would'nt basically.

The entire Nicaraguan military only has 14,000 active troops and is overall basically a de facto purely defensive force with no offensive aircraft and, as far as I know, only has patrol boats and other small craft in terms of its Navy.