An Era of Limits

So are you going to restart this TL and cover the governorship of Jerry Brown? (And the rest of the presidency of Russ Feingold too, please:D)

Bump :)

An Era of Limits: Presidents of the United States

38. Gerald R. Ford (R-MI): August 9th 1974-January 20th 1977
39. Edmund G. “Jerry” Brown Jr. (D-CA): January 20th 1977-January 20th 1981
40. Charles M. “Mac” Mathias Jr. (U-MD): January 20th 1981-January 20th 1985***
41. James E. “Jimmy” Carter (D-GA): January 20th 1985-January 20th 1993
42. George W. Bush (R-TX): January 20th 1993-January 20th 2001
43. Alan S. “Al” Franken (D-MN): January 20th 2001-January 20th 2009
44. Russell D. "Russ" Feingold (D-WI): January 20th 2009-January 20th 2013
45. Marco Rubio (R-FL): January 20th 2013-January 20th 2017
46. Edmund G. “Jerry” Brown Jr. (D-CA): January 20th 2017-

Notes

40. Only Third Party President
43. First Jewish President
45. First Hispanic American President;

Vice Presidents of the United States

41. Nelson A. Rockefeller (R-NY): December 19th 1974-January 20th 1977
42. Daniel “Chappie” James Jr. (D-FL): January 20th 1977-July 11th 1978***
43. Charles M. “Mac” Mathias Jr. (R-MD): July 11th 1978-January 20th 1981
44. Ronald V. “Ron” Dellums (U-CA): January 20th 1981-January 20th 1985***
45. George Moscone (D-CA): January 20th 1985-January 20th 1993
46. Elizabeth Dole (R-KA): January 20th 1993-January 20th 2001***
47. Russell D. "Russ" Feingold (D-WI): January 20th 2001-January 20th 2009
Howard Dean (D-VT): January 20th 2009-January 20th 2013
49. Richard G. “Dick” Lugar (R-IN): January 20th 2013-January 20th 2017
50. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT): January 20th 2017-

Notes.

42. First African American Vice President, died in office due to a massive heart attack
44. Second African American Vice President
46. First Female Vice President.

Defeated Tickets:

1976 - Jesse Helms, Jr. (R-NC)/Bill Brock (R-TN)
1980 - Jerry Brown (D-CA)/Cliff Finch (D-MS); George H.W. Bush (R-TX)/Phil Crane (R-IL)
1984 - Ron Dellums (U-CA)/Lowell P. Weicker, Jr. (U-CT) ;Phil Crane (R-IL)/Howard Baker (R-TN)
1988 - Donald Rumsfeld (R-IL)/Pierre S. du Pont IV (R-DE); David Boren (U-OK)/Ron Paul (U-TX)
1992 - George Moscone (D-CA)/Dick Gephardt (D-MO)
1996 - Douglas Wilder (D-VI)/Gray Davis (D-CA)
2000 - Elizabeth Dole (R-KA)/Robert C. Smith (R-NH)
2004 - John McCain (R-AZ)/George Allen (R-VA)
2008 - Newt Gingrich (R-GA)/Mitt Romney (R-MI)
2012 - Russel D. "Russ" Feingold (D-VT) / Howard Dean (D-VT)
2016 - Marco Rubio (R-GA)/Dick Lugar (R-MI)

Good God! :eek:

Hmmm, I was actually thinking about this TL recently. Since real life time constraints forced me to sadly abandon my other project (it will return, some day, I promise!) on this site, I was thinking of writing a sequel of sorts to Limits.

Sort of a WI within a WI - What if Brown wins in 1980? - and take it from there.

I think I might do it. Stay tuned. If anyone cares. :eek:

PS: I'll probably just continue it within this thread if I do, so, uh, yeah.

YES!!!

I would love if you did a sequel for this!

(Now, I like the idea about a Brown '80 sequel, but here's another idea: What if Jerry Brown decides to run for "re-election" in 1992, running to succeed President Carter? Just throwing it out there, although I'm hyped for whatever this will be about:))

Good God! :eek:

Hmmm, I was actually thinking about this TL recently. Since real life time constraints forced me to sadly abandon my other project (it will return, some day, I promise!) on this site, I was thinking of writing a sequel of sorts to Limits.

Sort of a WI within a WI - What if Brown wins in 1980? - and take it from there.

I think I might do it. Stay tuned. If anyone cares. :eek:

PS: I'll probably just continue it within this thread if I do, so, uh, yeah.
Yes, please! :D

YES!!!

I would love if you did a sequel for this!

(Now, I like the idea about a Brown '80 sequel, but here's another idea: What if Jerry Brown decides to run for "re-election" in 1992, running to succeed President Carter? Just throwing it out there, although I'm hyped for whatever this will be about:))

I think Jerry Brown running in 1984 would be better, because 1992 already has the 8-year Dem fatigue.

1984's an intriguing premise, actually...

Oh God, I think I'm going to start updating this thing again. Someone stop me before I write again! :p

oakvale

That would be great, :D although I'd have to read the TL again as the memory isn't what it used to be.:(

Steve

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president (again!)...

Mathias Power will soon go away

I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you

100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here

Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp

You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas

Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown

Come on that's just begging for a continuation. You even have a title :D

I did a search on Walter Mondale and this TL popped up and I loved it. I would have read it all in one sitting but I had to leave work :p. All in one day isn't bad though!

So yeah, I'm writing a basic outline at the moment of what a sequel to this would look like. It's happening... hopefully will have the first new installment up in a couple of weeks. :cool:

EDIT: Actually, since this is basically going to be a rather large revision to the timeline - erasing what happens after 1980 or so and changing it completely - I'll probably open up a new thread and copy and paste the "original" parts of the TL I want to keep into that. That'd also give me a chance to do a little editing and polish the thing up a little for its new, expanded edition.

So yeah, I'm writing a basic outline at the moment of what a sequel to this would look like. It's happening... hopefully will have the first new installment up in a couple of weeks. :cool:

EDIT: Actually, since this is basically going to be a rather large revision to the timeline - erasing what happens after 1980 or so and changing it completely - I'll probably open up a new thread and copy and paste the "original" parts of the TL I want to keep into that. That'd also give me a chance to do a little editing and polish the thing up a little for its new, expanded edition.

HOORAY!

And yeah, that's a good idea. I need to brush up on the first Jerry Brown presidency before I read the sequel, and this gives me a great excuse.:D

HOORAY!

And yeah, that's a good idea. I need to brush up on the first Jerry Brown presidency before I read the sequel, and this gives me a great excuse.:D

The plan is to retain most of the original events - take out my godawful British stuff, re-arrange a few things, but not much - and probably have the 1980 election end with no outright winner, and, thus, a battle in the House. Which will be great fun.

The plan is to retain most of the original events - take out my godawful British stuff, re-arrange a few things, but not much - and probably have the 1980 election end with no outright winner, and, thus, a battle in the House. Which will be great fun.
Oooh, I'm just getting to the election in my re-read.

I hope you have Brown get a second term. He's too awesome to not get one. Woah, he was 38 when he first became president? That's the youngest by a long shot.