Alternate Timeline in THE DAY AFTER

I am just now watching THE DAY AFTER. In this the movie depicts a crisis that started with the aoviets taking east-Germany. Anyone seen this movie?

yeah, but when it originally aired on TV.... not bad... I was rather uneasy with the idea that the US was the first one to use nukes, but I guess it was part of the strategy in Europe back then...

I just got it a few months ago on DVD. It seemed a little corny, but I'm sure it was better in its time. However, I did think it was very entertaining.

Dave Howery said:
yeah, but when it originally aired on TV.... not bad... I was rather uneasy with the idea that the US was the first one to use nukes, but I guess it was part of the strategy in Europe back then...

That's correct. The most haunting scene for me was when people saw the missiles rising from the silos outside town, and realized that Soviet missiles were on their way.

Count Deerborn said:
If you are into this type of movie, Testament is much better.

Absolutely loved this movie. Everybody should try and pick it up. "Testament", and "Closet Land". Two great underrated movies, IMHO.

If you liked The Day After, you should try Threads - on which it was based.

Threads is much more hard-hitting (and depressing). It's a docu-drama and covers the month leading up to the war in 1983 and finishes up with a look at the UK in 1996. Horrific stuff.