Alternate history timelines incorporating OTL natural events/disasters?

In my perusing of alternate history stories, I have found that there are way too many that, as they progress into the timeline, fail to take into account or give little to no importance to natural events which instead occurred OTL and left a significant mark/impact on history as a consequence, unless they themselves serve as the POD somehow. Which is somewhat ironical, since many do instead take OTL diseases and pandemics into account as if they are inevitably bound to happen.
So, for this reason I would like to know of some that actually do and explore on the ramifications.

What I essentially mean by this is:
Meteorological events (hurricanes, etc..., and basically any exceptional weather conditions that deeply affected military campaigns, economies, or even population migrations) Of course, when it comes to these, they are not immune to the butterfly effect: in a strict sense because of differences in industrialization impact, and in a broader sense because of the very meaning behind the term "butterfly effect".
Geological disasters (earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunamis, etc...). At least in my mind those are something unavoidable and fixed points in history, which no ordinary amount of human agency can manipulate signifcantly, and they are in fact the examples I am mainly interested in. For example, how would a different North America have dealt with an event as the Great San Francisco Earthquake? How would have a divided Japan have coped with the Tohoku Earthquake? And so on...
Astronomical events (periodic comets, solar storms, etc...). Not exactly as epoch-making as the other two above, but those are also unavoidable and fixed events, although I doubt anyone would go through the effort of taking note of them and keep a calendar of it for reference. The Tunguska event is already a way too overused trope, I know. Meanwhile, one can think of how in a world where advanced electronics came in and developed earlier than OTL, things like the Carrington Event would have carried a much more significant threat instead.

Last edited:
Even geological events can be changed, but only in extreme cases--nuclear testing, for example. IMVHO, weather is chaotic enough that significant human activities will change the details, but changing the climate over a few years is harder--that's a longer term phenomenon.
In The Masquerade, I left weather mostly alone for the first couple of years, mainly because I wanted to keep the Blizzard of '78, then serious deltas in emissions start butterflying it. (I'll keep the intensity of hurricane seasons similar, but change the exact flow, for a few years more--keep climate similar.)
I am not touching geological events--Mount Saint Hellens blew on schedule.