AHC: Three Huge Islamic Empires

chal.png

Have three Islamic empires with these territories exist. One based in Egypt, one in Persia, and one in Anatolia.
PoD between 800 C.E and 1400 C.E. No ASB.

from 800 to 1100 the byzantine are fine but i guess i can can come up with Alexios never comes to power and the byzantines continue killign themselves by 1100 the turks with byzantine help aid some one to the trhone and they back stab him and take the city for themselves and then take the balkans (italy how ever is not gonna happen) the great seljuk empire dies off and the sultante of rum and the seljuk split while the fatimids are there.

why would they if they would conquer the byzantine empire accelerating their own convertion to orthodox chirstianity

It depends when they show up on the scene. If they have prolonged trade contact with Islamic powers before moving into the Anatolian plateau they will likely become Islamic rather than Orthodox. The Arab concept of the "House of War" may be appealing to a nomadic peoples with a raiding tradition

It depends when they show up on the scene. If they have prolonged trade contact with Islamic powers before moving into the Anatolian plateau they will likely become Islamic rather than Orthodox. The Arab concept of the "House of War" may be appealing to a nomadic peoples with a raiding tradition
the bulgarians would have by now had more contact with the byzantines even helping them figth off the arabs in 717 , as @John7755 يوحنا said at this point converting to islam would make no sense since that would have to entail some sort of submission to the caliph , the bulgarians have much more to gain if some how they conquered the ere to become orthodox as that means it could use the religion to appease their new byzantine subjects and unite them against their old rival ie the caliphate.

View attachment 572104

Have three Islamic empires with these territories exist. One based in Egypt, one in Persia, and one in Anatolia.
PoD between 800 C.E and 1400 C.E. No ASB.
Another POD would be the Late Abbasadi conquering Constantinople with turkish help and later turkish creating an early Ottoman/Muslim Roman Empire and Abbasasid getting back to Egypt and Syria

The hard part seems to be to have an earlier and more successful analog to the Ottomans.
The green thing largely corresponds to a slightly wanked Mamluk sultanate, the light-brown one can be whatever imperial entity manages to reunify the old Iranic spaces, which after the Abbasid collapse, the Seljuks, the Khwarezmians (briefly) and the Ilkhanids all managed to do historically (albeit at times relatively loosely).
The Rumi Seljuks, under the right circumstances, can be a decent premise for an earlier Ottoman equivalent if the Mongols don't mess too much with them, so them conquering the Balkans in the early fourteenth century could be feasible. Having them successfully taking over Southern Italy is harder (though even there, there is historical correspondence with later Ottoman attempts in the area, although I doubt these were meant as stabs at actual large scale conquest). Perhaps you can make it easier if the Apulian Moorish community survives and invites them in later, but this seems a stretch.

Couldn't you just go with wanking the Ottomans in the late 1300's while both the Mamluks and Timurids exist, if we want to be as simple as possible?

I would is that is too easy
that would not explain italy or sicily being conquered by the ottomans, unless for some reason aragon spain or the french did not do anything about since they all wanted naples

Last edited:
that would not explain italy or sicily being conquered by the ottomans, unless for some reason aragon spain or the french did not do anything about since they all wanted naples
There is also the Matter that Italy is where the Pope/Holy see is located ,I do not think that he will be welcome to a muslim presence on his doorstep

Last edited:
There is also the Matter that Italy is where the Pope/Holy see is located ,I do not think that he will be a welcome to a muslim presence on his doorstep
heck when the muslims of sicily attacked and moved on the threat to italy was so big that the hre , pope duchies and the byzantines united to kick them out and massacred them in the battle of Garigliano , while sure there is no byzantines aragon or spain depending on the timeline , the hre and the papacy might unite temporary to drive them out