AH Challenge: Indonesia, 51st state of the US

Why isn't this closed or in ASB yet?

So call it ASB and divide Indonesia into five states to distribute representation.

The Philippines would never have become a single state (hey, now, an entirely different argument! or is it...); it'd likely be three.

With ownership of the Philippines, just assume Manifest Destiny keeps rolling west beyond it and have the U.S. buy Indonesia, territory it, and then divide it into five or more states.

So call it ASB and divide Indonesia into five states to distribute representation.

The Philippines would never have become a single state (hey, now, an entirely different argument! or is it...); it'd likely be three.

With ownership of the Philippines, just assume Manifest Destiny keeps rolling west beyond it and have the U.S. buy Indonesia, territory it, and then divide it into five or more states.

But, the OP stipulates that Indonesia is the 51st state, and you srill have not overcome the political, cuktural, and socioeconomic hurdles inherent in this absurd idea.

But, the OP stipulates that Indonesia is the 51st state, and you srill have not overcome the political, cuktural, and socioeconomic hurdles inherent in this absurd idea.

Oh, certainly his idea's absurd. I'm trying to make it slightly more conceivable.

Cook

Banned
Oh, certainly his idea's absurd. I'm trying to make it slightly more conceivable.

Don’t bother, that a country whose people are fiercely independent and nationalist when they aren’t being fiercely independent and provincial, on the other side of the Pacific Ocean form the United States, which literally means they are on the other side of the world, who have no history in common with the US, not even having been colonised by the same European empire and who have never had close ties or even anything more than limited relations with the US, could be incorporated is really in the realm of those famous flying butt monkeys again.

There would be enough opposition already to giving statehood to a territory with a large population of Catholic "brown people" -- the Philippines -- imagine the opposition to giving statehood to a territory with a large population of Muslim "brown people." :rolleyes:

No, no, I'm changing the "51st" to "--th" (any number)
So, Indonesia won't have to be a State post-World War 2 (if there's a World War 2, anyway)

No, no, I'm changing the "51st" to "--th" (any number)
So, Indonesia won't have to be a State post-World War 2 (if there's a World War 2, anyway)

Still ASB, unless the U.S. controls the whole Earth, which happens to also be ASB.