Agent of Byzantium map

Thande

Donor
As with many AH maps I find the gigantic blank space covering the entire Indian subcontinent highly amusing. :D

Well, it may just represent 'lands known to Byzantium'. Although why then include China? :confused:

I did wonder if in the AoB timeline, the superpower Zoroastrian Persia has tried to dominate northern India.

Thande

Donor
After looking at the map more closely, I also note that whoever made it has neglected to notice that England in the AoB timeline - and it's not as though the name isn't mentioned a jillion times in "Unholy Trinity" is called Angleland, not Anglia. :rolleyes: Along with the fact that it should be the Franco-Saxons, not just the Franks...

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
It does represent only the lands known by the Byzantines...and they had some contacts with China in this TL IIRC. The map is not accurate anyway, since from the description in the copy of the book I have is:

"Where golden Byzantium flourished from the Atlantic to the frontiers of China"

Sargon

A Timeline of mine: The Roman Emperor Who Lost His Nose

Thande

Donor
It does represent only the lands known by the Byzantines...and they had some contacts with China in this TL IIRC. The map is not accurate anyway, since from the description in the copy of the book I have is:

"Where golden Byzantium flourished from the Atlantic to the frontiers of China"

Sargon

That's from the blurb isn't it Sargon, aka 'Synopses Always Lie'. It's obviously bollocks because then Byzantium would go straight through Persia and India and it's clearly stated in the text that the Byzantine/Persian border runs through the Caucasus, Mesopotamia and Arabia. :rolleyes:

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
That's from the blurb isn't it Sargon, aka 'Synopses Always Lie'. It's obviously bollocks because then Byzantium would go straight through Persia and India and it's clearly stated in the text that the Byzantine/Persian border runs through the Caucasus, Mesopotamia and Arabia. :rolleyes:

Well, it's been many years since I've actually read it, but I'm sure in the text there is mention of contact with China, and I seem to recall something to do with the Chinese border in the text...but my memory may be thinking of another Roman AH book perhaps. I like the way the dates are done from the year of the Creation though. Plus I'm lucky enough to have a signed copy :p

Sargon

Last edited:
As with many AH maps I find the gigantic blank space covering the entire Indian subcontinent highly amusing. :D

It beats just making a united India though right?

And of course marking all those little nations on it is as much of a pain as representing the HRE on a world map.

Sargon

Donor
Monthly Donor
It beats just making a united India though right?

And of course marking all those little nations on it is as much of a pain as representing the HRE on a world map.

Have to agree with Flocc, it'd be nice if India was represented there, but I don't recall much mention of it in the book, so maybe that is why.

However, my memory may not be reliable at the moment, so I may well be wrong.

Sargon