A Britain of Panthers and Lions: House of Oldenburg Britain

VVD0D95

Banned
Louis know that very well... Why you think he started to campaign so actively for his grandson after the death of Margarita's grandson but accepted him before his death? The claim of Maria Theresa in no way can be better or good as the unquestionable one of Margarita and her line.

And Louis can think what he want but no way Maria Antonia can think she is not the legittimate heiress or her french cousin has a better claim... The girls had always know who Spain was her inheritance andbnever had reason to think different
Indeed, so it means to arise, would,louis ask for Naples as compensation as he did during the first partition treaty

He can try but he was not really interested in Naples... He wanted Spanish Netherlands or Milan but likely the most he can have is the recognizion of his line as heirs after Maria Antonia with the condition who Spain and France will never be held by the same person or by someone in line for the other crown or Sardsinia or some small land outside Europe at the best...

What Isabella said.
Also, a fine family portrait of Maria Antonia I've found (she is portrayed with her husband & son, though in OTL the portrait was commissioned after her death):
60460_600.jpg

Question why not ask for more of the Sultan (Moldavia and Wallachia as well?, Partition Moldavia with the PLC such that Austria gains control of the Danube basin and access to the black sea) It somewhat boggles me that Austria never seems to make a play for the Danubian principalities.

VVD0D95

Banned
Question why not ask for more of the Sultan (Moldavia and Wallachia as well?, Partition Moldavia with the PLC such that Austria gains control of the Danube basin and access to the black sea) It somewhat boggles me that Austria never seems to make a play for the Danubian principalities.
Would the sultan concede to that! Considering that there’s no allied presence there?

VVD0D95

Banned
So for some reason,I’ve gotten it into my head to give philippe duke of Anjou, otl Felipe v of Spain. A crown. Be it Naples or somewhere else. Could as part of a well settlement with Spain, Felipe be given Sardinia as his own kingdom to rule?

Would the sultan concede to that! Considering that there’s no allied presence there?

I may be mistaken but neither was the Podolia Eyalet during the great Turkish war and it was return to the PLC at the treaty of Karlowitz. Granted this is much larger territory were talking about, but depending on the degree of dysfunction in the Ottoman court at least some territory in the region could go the league.

VVD0D95

Banned
I may be mistaken but neither was the Podolia Eyalet during the great Turkish war and it was return to the PLC at the treaty of Karlowitz. Granted this is much larger territory were talking about, but depending on the degree of dysfunction in the Ottoman court at least some territory in the region could go the league.
This is very true, I can see the prince of Walachia rebelling quite soon

Yeah I would think the Sultans control over these remaining Balkan provinces to be tenuous at best.

I’m wondering what France will be losing this go around since I’m sure Leopold will be wanting his sons patrimony in the Austrian Netherlands to be secured against further French aggression.

VVD0D95

Banned
Yeah I would think the Sultans control over these remaining Balkan provinces to be tenuous at best.

I’m wondering what France will be losing this go around since I’m sure Leopold will be wanting his sons patrimony in the Austrian Netherlands to be secured against further French aggression.
I think the French are pretty strong right now

So for some reason,I’ve gotten it into my head to give philippe duke of Anjou, otl Felipe v of Spain. A crown. Be it Naples or somewhere else. Could as part of a well settlement with Spain, Felipe be given Sardinia as his own kingdom to rule?
Unlikely (because Louis XIV will need to be willing to accept the island instead of the money of dowry) but still possible...

Oh, the problem with that is Louis accepting to have Sardinia instead of the money and so saying goodbye to any chance to inheriting Spanish lands. Spain and Austria can very well accept the loss of Sardinia if that keep the French line out of the Spanish line of succession...

VVD0D95

Banned
Oh, the problem with that is Louis accepting to have Sardinia instead of the money and so saying goodbye to any chance to inheriting Spanish lands. Spain and Austria can very well accept the loss of Sardinia if that keep the French line out of the Spanish line of succession...

Hmm aye, reading up about Sardinia, it does seem like a poor exchange. I can see Louis pushing for Naples, if he's not getting the money.

He will not have Naples, Spain is not interested to give him anything... And Louis really do not want the money and had never wanted it and always hoped Spain would not have been able to pay him off...
At the best they will stay with the OTL situation with a doubious claim on Spain of Maria Theresa’s descendants who is lower than that of Margarita and her heirs but higher than everyone else... Spain will not accept the loss of Naples or Sicily for removing that...
Louis had zero rights to claim any Spanish land for his line while Maria Antonia and her descendants are still alive. At the best he can try to marry a woman of his family to the son of Antonia without paying her dowry

VVD0D95

Banned
He will not have Naples, Spain is not interested to give him anything... And Louis really do not want the money and had never wanted it and always hoped Spain would not have been able to pay him off...
At the best they will stay with the OTL situation with a doubious claim on Spain of Maria Theresa’s descendants who is lower than that of Margarita and her heirs but higher than everyone else... Spain will not accept the loss of Naples or Sicily for removing that...
Louis had zero rights to claim any Spanish land for his line while Maria Antonia and her descendants are still alive. At the best he can try to marry a woman of his family to the son of Antonia without paying her dowry

Hmm interesting, though how do you explain the partition treaty with that in mind then?

Spain was involved in it? And Maria Antonia was already dead when that treaties were stipulated and her heir was a small boy while both the Emperor and the King of France were putting forward other candidates.
Here Maria Antonia is alive with two healthy children so the succession to Spain is secure as can be and Leopold has accepted his daughter as heiress of Spain and asked the price for his support, a price who Antonia is willing to pay so France has zero chance to interfere.

VVD0D95

Banned
Spain was involved in it? And Maria Antonia was already dead when that treaties were stipulated and her heir was a small boy while both the Emperor and the King of France were putting forward other candidates.
Here Maria Antonia is alive with two healthy children so the succession to Spain is secure as can be and Leopold has accepted his daughter as heiress of Spain and asked the price for his support, a price who Antonia is willing to pay so France has zero chance to interfere.

This is very true, so one assumes then that Philippe remains a French Prince, and nothing more?

Yes. OTL also the Duke of Baviera was not much popular and had sons from his second wife who were not entitled to the Spanis inheritance but still came after their brother in the succession to the Electorate and that was a big complication...
Do not worry who here Leopold is likely already starting to think (or will be soon) if he can acquire and in what fashion the lands o the electorate who happen to well share borders with his own and would be a burden for the new Spanish royal family