2020 AHFA World Cup Worldbuilding Thread

I think having a North Korea-esque analogue located in North America could serve as a nice change of pace in comparison to OTL. Perhaps instead of a flawed democracy, this nation during the present day is well and truly a rogue state, rife with with bad living standards and a cult of personality that is used to threatening its neighbors with nuclear devastation? In such dictatorial fashion, maybe its modern iteration could have a militaristic/anational name such as the Eastern Establishment?

Here's a quick map I created for this modern day US-successor:

Eastern Establishment Flag (AHFA 2020 World Cup Worldbuilding).png

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.20.20 PM.png

So my wish has become true. For the blank territory which roughly encompasses Peru and Bolivia, I propose the Peru-Bolivian Confederation. The red is for North Peru, the green for South Peru, and the yellow for Bolivia.

I think having a North Korea-esque analogue located in North America could serve as a nice change of pace in comparison to OTL. Perhaps instead of a flawed democracy, this nation during the present day is well and truly a rogue state, rife with with bad living standards and a cult of personality that is used to threatening its neighbors with nuclear devastation? In such dictatorial fashion, maybe its modern iteration could have a militaristic/anational name such as the Eastern Establishment?

Here's a quick map I created for this modern day US-successor:

I'd be interested in having that. What about the American National State or something?

What about the Imperial Republic of the United States of America or something?

Oh, and what if we have Freedonia revolt from the US and have its own revolutionary war

Last edited:
Also my countries are:
Tsardom of Ruthenia.png

Tsardom of Ruthenia - it controls most of Ukraine except for Novorosyssia and Zakarpattia. It aswell controls parts of Belarus and Poland.
Maghreb.png

Maghrebi Arabian Republic - controls all of Algeria, Libya (except for the lands annexed by Khemia), Morocco and Tunisia (except for lands annexed by Provence). Also controls Northern Mauritania, Western Sahara and Northern Mali/Niger.

You know what, I think I might do stuff for an "Illyrian Republic" in Croatia, Syrmia, and Bosnia.

I'm liking that idea! Will it be unitarian ethnically speaking (like Alexander tried to do with the First Yugoslavia) or suffer from the same ethnic tensions as both iterations of Yugoslavia? Both ideas have their merits after all, but I don't think I've ever seen the former done on this site.

@New Britain Mapping, would you be willing to insert the territoryof the proposed US state of Sequoyah into the green territories on the map you've made? Sequoyah ITTL could've been established as a Native American puppet state under CSA protection after the break-up of the US, which provides us another unique nation on the map of the world.

Last edited:
Potiental nations list:

Africa:
Nigerian Union - Controls all of Nigeria, southern Niger, and Benin.
Kamerun - All of Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and some parts of Chad, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo and Gabon.
Ethiopian Republic - Controls all of Ethiopia, Eritrea and northern Djibouti.
Somalian Republic - Controls all of Somalia and southern Djibouti.

Arabia:

Southern Arabian State: All of Yemen, Oman, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Southern Saudi Arabia.
Syrian-Iraqi State: Controls all of Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, the Kurdistan majority in Turkey and Kuwait.
Northern Arabian State: Controls all of Northern Saudi Arabia, Jordan and most of Israel and Palestine.

Asia:
Pakistani National Republic: Controls all of Pakistan, Jammu and Kashmir and parts of Afghanistan and Northern India.
Indian Neutral Republic: Controls most of India and all of Bangladesh.

Europe:
Slovak Republic: Controls all of Slovakia and the region of Zakarpattia.
Bohemia: Controls the remaining Czechian lands.
Iberian Union: Controls most of Spain and Portugal and includes the region of Spanish Morocco.
Republic of Polandia: Controls the rest of Poland and parts of Lithuania and Belarus.
Moldavia: Controls the pre-WWII Romanian lands and all of Moldova.

The American Empire is probably very totalitarian, much like OTL North Korea, but with the neoclassical influences, claiming direct desendence from ancient Rome. Think Washington DC architecture literally everywhere. Although I like @John_Smith's flag, I am working on one of my own, and a more detailed map

Potiental nations list:

Africa:
Nigerian Union - Controls all of Nigeria, southern Niger, and Benin.
Kamerun - All of Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and some parts of Chad, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo and Gabon.
Ethiopian Republic - Controls all of Ethiopia, Eritrea and northern Djibouti.
Somalian Republic - Controls all of Somalia and southern Djibouti.

Arabia:

Southern Arabian State: All of Yemen, Oman, UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Southern Saudi Arabia.
Syrian-Iraqi State: Controls all of Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, the Kurdistan majority in Turkey and Kuwait.
Northern Arabian State: Controls all of Northern Saudi Arabia, Jordan and most of Israel and Palestine.

Asia:
Pakistani National Republic: Controls all of Pakistan, Jammu and Kashmir and parts of Afghanistan and Northern India.
Indian Neutral Republic: Controls most of India and all of Bangladesh.

Europe:
Slovak Republic: Controls all of Slovakia and the region of Zakarpattia.
Bohemia: Controls the remaining Czechian lands.
Iberian Union: Controls most of Spain and Portugal and includes the region of Spanish Morocco.
Republic of Polandia: Controls the rest of Poland and parts of Lithuania and Belarus.
Moldavia: Controls the pre-WWII Romanian lands and all of Moldova.

I like these, although I'd like to see a more balkanized India.

I have thought of an Intermarium (Miedżymorze, i.e. Prometheist Poland) between the United Neutral Team members and Novorossiya, I might submit something for it...

The east coast one

I'm thinking that while New York or Philly would have some potential for being the capital of the American remnant I'd think that a paranoid rogue state would want a capital that could both be easily defended and serve as a symbol of propaganda for the nation. Somewhere closer to central Pennsylvania than to the East Coast.

That or the official capital is in NYC and they've secretly created a capital in the west where the government can bug out to when things get tough.

Here are some suggestions for Iberia that could work.

Kingdom of Navarra: The OTL kingdom + Aragon
Kingdom of Toledo: This would occupy a large chunk of the centre of the penninsula and maybe can include some other conquests like the Valencian and Extremaduran regions.
Kingdom of Badajoz & The Algarve: The borders would more or less be those of the Taifa of Badajoz and kingdom of the Algarve.
Kingdom of Andalusia: the rest what's left in the south would form Andalusia.

Castille-Leon, Toledo and Badajoz seem most likely that they would go on and colonize the America's.

Footballing wise, all Iberian nations seem like good sides with maybe Badajoz-Algarve, Toledo and Navarra being good teams that failed tot qualify