"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

Hi Napo! I'll be honest, It's been a while since I've contributed to this timeline, and I still need to read the alternate ending. But fear not; I'm planning on putting more of this timeline onto the Finished Timelines board, and I'll also probably be making more infoboxes, propaganda posters and the like in due time.

In the meantime, its time for more alternate history within alternate history. Heres a map of an alternate Madness-Verse circa 1970, where the League of Nations is able to defeat the RU/NUSA. Quebec and Imperial Canada don't fall and the rest is history.

LONVictory.png

I imagine that the former RU/NUSA have become pariah state(s), the League of Nations is this world's nanny, and Russia is driving the League bonkers. Basically, this alternate Madnessverse looks like something out of the end of The Anglo-American-Nazi War.

Great maps Zoidberg! I imagine this world is better off than either of Napo's version. :D This means we now have 2 alternate histories within an alternate history! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Also, I cannot tell, does Korea belong to Beutelist Japan, is it a Japanese puppet, or is it fully independent? And what is the brown country in the middle of North America?

Awesome map (and I imagine this would be an equally awesome narrative AH within the larger story)- but a few questions.

1) I assume that the rump RU splits between FARNE and the Third American Republic or something similar?

2) In the 1970 map, is that a League-occupied England? It looks like England's shaded in light blue

3) What happened to the French in India? Independence/dominion?

Amazing work, Zoid! :D:eek: I'm probably finally going to update this TL tomorrow (I've been running layaway at a super Walmart and it really beats me down where I don't feel like doing anything creative, lol). I'll give you a more thorough review tomorrow when I wake up. :p

It's happenin' guys! :D:eek:

THE SECRET CIVIL WAR
AMERICA UNDER ORRA
aa-police-state-assault-weapon-drawn-on-Pennsylvania-highway.jpg

ORRA troopers search a car in Philadelphia during the secret ORRA Coup of 2014

Here we go! :D:D:D

THE SECRET CIVIL WAR
AMERICA UNDER ORRA
aa-police-state-assault-weapon-drawn-on-Pennsylvania-highway.jpg

ORRA troopers search a car in Philadelphia during the secret ORRA Coup of 2014

The ORRA overthrow of the NUSA government came like a thief in the night. On November 14th, 2014, following weeks of tensions between ORRA and the Army following the Sicilian Incident that ended with an American general, Hayes, being killed by an ORRA officer, the Council of Jehovah (which had been acting independently of the Reverend-Colonel Graham due to his senility) issued secret orders to ORRA High Command. ORRA was to march into Philadelphia and arrest the President and take full control of the nuclear suitcase. ORRA would then also assume full control of the UltraNet and stifle all stories about any kind of coup. The plan had to be executed seamlessly.

Under the command of several radical marshals, Skylar Tipton II and Steven Zachary McCormick, two men who had spent five years between them studying the AFC Bible in a Council of Jehovah monastery in the Rocky Mountains and were considered the most fervently religious commanders in ORRA, over 3000 ORRA agents, most in plainclothes, converged on the Presidential Palace. Silently, they overwhelmed the Presidential Guards and marched into the President's Office, a gloriously decedent room which also contained the original Declaration of Independence. Oswald II, shocked beyond words and too confused to try to escape, was tackled to the ground, slapped in handcuffs, and gagged. And just like that, 150 years of Presidential Rule was brought to an end. And no one even blinked.

The Council of Jehovah and ORRA then secretly rounded up some of the most fervent Oswald supporters, executed them, and buried them in mass graves. The rest of the Armed Forces suddenly found their computers going offline. In a brilliantly planned sweeping move, ORRA knocked out the Armed Forces' capability to take care of itself. No one in the Army had any idea what was going on. ORRA then arrested all the leading generals and admirals and shut down all Armed Forces supply depots, shipping the gear inside them to massive ORRA depots.

Several days later, the Army and Navy began to become very wary of the current situation and very suspicious of ORRA. By a week later, remnants of the Armed Forces began to become actively hostile against ORRA. When several hundred Armed Forces members attempted to ambush an ORRA supply caravan in Iowai, an action for too open to be covered up by the ORRA-run media, Oswald II, injected with hypnotic drugs and forced to read a script, said that the situation revealed the Army as no longer being loyal to him or God. "As such, the Army, Navy, and the National Guard have been merged into the Office of Racial and Religious. Any soldiers, sailor, or guardsman attempting to resist this change will be declared an enemy of the state and shot on sight."

Thus, the Secret Civil War began, with the remnants of the Armed Forces forming the Underground, trying to strike against ORRA and the shadow government. But it was fairly one-sided and ORRA held all the cards. While most citizens went about their everyday jobs and activities, millions of men were engaged in a secret war and their beloved president was locked in a bunker at gunpoint in Shicagwa. A new era had truly arrived...

Last edited:
Hmm, so NUSA descends from totalitarian single party state/hereditary pseudo-monarchy to a totalitarian theocracy... OH FUCK!:eek:

But, GO ARMED FORCES! You're *America's (and the world's) greatest, and only, hope!

Hmm, so NUSA descends from totalitarian single party state/hereditary pseudo-monarchy to a totalitarian theocracy... OH FUCK!:eek:

But, GO ARMED FORCES! You're *America's (and the world's) greatest, and only, hope!
True as that post is, we must remember this is WMiT and ORRA is going to win out in the end, for it always goes from bad to worse. However we may be able to take something from the fact the armed forces will bloody them (and probably further radicalize them) before they go down, but at least they will be bloodied.

With that out of the way I can now say the new update proves once again that Napo is still the king of grimdark. May his reign continue.

True as that post is, we must remember this is WMiT and ORRA is going to win out in the end, for it always goes from bad to worse. However we may be able to take something from the fact the armed forces will bloody them (and probably further radicalize them) before they go down, but at least they will be bloodied.

With that out of the way I can now say the new update proves once again that Napo is still the king of grimdark. May his reign continue.

bloodied does nothing but make *America even more twisted. :eek::eek::eek:

Tprynn

Banned
You cannot kill america. Only make it madder.

Great update but it could have done with a Hydra reference or two:p
"Hail ORRA!"

Finally an update.

'Read it'
WTF

Napo, you're a evil genius, that twist i never seen it coming, simple you have twisted his plot more that any professional gymnast, simple, i don't know if you can suprise me more.

So, half the world is under NUSA's (or their allies') genocidal rule and now you will have them taken over by the biggest radicals?! :D

... that's pure (evil) genius. Lovin' it. :p

Oh. And: All hail!

Welcome back, dude!

What could I say about the chapter? It's creepy like all the others, maybe even more. I look forward to see what's going to happen.