"What Madness Is This?" - A Timeline

Dear Cthulu let's hope not:eek:

You are praying to Great Cthulhu, and this is Napoleon53 were talking about here, assuming the world even survives to 2010 it will happen.

I pray to Nyarlathotep for humanity's salvation. These bunch of mortal playthings are to amusing to die... yet.:p

If Australia falls to American domination, the Pacific Ocean will be completely lost and Peru will be completely cut off. :eek: And BTW, I want to thank whoever has been doing all the editing on the WMIT TVTropes page; it looks magnificent. :D

THE AUSTRALIAN REVOLUTION
BEGINS

RAAF_TFV_(HD-SN-99-02052).jpg

White supremacist Australian Nationalist Party (ANP) members march at Karratha Airport

1972 was off to a bloody start, much to no one's surprise. Since the end of the Great War, the continent of Australia had been under Tripartite rule. The old Dutch eastern half of the landmass, however, was bitter and extremely unhappy bowing to Caesar Napoleon VI In the late 1960s, the Australian Nationalist Party, made up of Dutch-speakers and the descendents of the region's old English colonists, rose in popularity, promising to rid the island of the Aboriginal tribes and the Imperials if ever they were given power. In 1969, a shooting at Sydney University of several Catholic students triggered riots all across the region. In 1971, the ANP committed itself to armed revolution when it hijacked a minor Bonapartist Australian noble's plane and landed itself at Karratha Airport, on the west side of the continent. There, for five weeks, the ANP held the noble and 200 other passengers hostage to draw attention to their demands that East Australia be given its independence.

This is when things went horribly wrong. Caesar Napoleon bungled the situation, sending in a team of Old Guards to free the hostages. Instead of freeing the hostages, the Old Guards sustained heavy casualties in a huge shoot-out and the crisis ended with all of the hostages being executed by the ANP. The ANP terrorists fled to safety while protests erupted in Europe over the massacre.

Chuckie Oswald, seeing an opportunity to really hit Europe hard, shipped over millions of dollars in weapons, gold, and equipment to fund the ANP. Indonesia also sent in special forces to secretly train and fight alongside the "Revolutionary Guard," the ANP's paramilitary branch. Beginning in January of 1972, the Revolutionary Guard declared war on the Tripartite Empire. Soldiers and police in the eastern cities were frequently brutally mauled and hung upside down in broad daylight. Mobs of ANP supporters roamed the streets, burning portraits of the Bonaparte emperors. The Peace Monument in Sydney, dedicated to Napoleon I's conquest of Europe, was strapped with chains and pulled down by trucks.

Back in Europe, anti-Australian protests were spreading across Europe. Caesar Napoleon VI was in poor health and was feeling drained and exhausted from decades of war and unrest. On April 7th, 1972, he made a trip to Berlin for a meeting with the Kaiser. Europe would never be the same...

Yeah good good, let's Chuck annex Aussie land as the bicentenary trophy, that would improve thing betters(maybe the kaiser ask for an alliance again With the NUSA?)

If the NUSA somehow manages to annex the Land Down Under, then the Catholics and Aboriginals are screwed for sure with Peru being cut-off in the process. :( I got a bad feeling that Caesar won't make it back home after that trip to Berlin. Also, I hope the NUSA will share the same, if not worse, fate as Nazi Germany from the Anglo-American-Nazi War.

If the NUSA somehow manages to annex the Land Down Under, then the Catholics and Aboriginals are screwed for sure with Peru being cut-off in the process. :( I got a bad feeling that Caesar won't make it back home after that trip to Berlin. Also, I hope the NUSA will share the same, if not worse, fate as Nazi Germany from the Anglo-American-Nazi War.
At the rate the story is going, here is what I predict the year 2014 to be like:

R.I.P. World President Charles Oswald
May 30. President Charles Oswald has passed away at the Presidential Palace in the World Capital of Philadelphia at the age of 97. Even though he has been in bad health, with Charles Oswald II having been acting President for the past four years. Citizens from California to Prussia mourned for their great leader, with a day of mourning being declared on the Lunar Base of Hastings. The President's body will lay in state at the Presidential Palace for three days before being placed at the Oswald Memorial at Patriot's Rest.​

Last edited:
THE DAY THE EMPIRE DIED
03_800.jpg

Prussian Imperial troops in Paris during the Days of Tears (April, 1972)

The day is April 5th, 1972. America and its allies are finally about to strike against the "Catholic menace."

At 8:29 am, Caesar Napoleon VI, his wife, and his daughter arrive at their hotel in Berlin several hours before a scheduled meeting with the Prussian imperial family. They spend 45 minutes in their rooms.

Meanwhile, across town, an Australian radical nationalist named Willem Kruger is waiting nervously in the crowd anticipating the royals arrival. Under his leather coat he carries an American-made Carlson M65 pistol. He is wary of the security officers watching the crowd, but his participation in the Karratha Airport Crisis a year before had hardened his nerves. As the crowd cheered the Bonapartes as they got out of their Waterloo Engines '66 Sedan, Kruger took the Carlson out, aimed it at the monarch and his family, and fired six shots before anyone could react. Immediately, Caesar Napoleon VI, his wife, and his daughter were cut down. As the guards immediately tackled the assassin, another man, Joseph Fouché V, Duke of Otranto, the descendant of Napoleon I's chief of police of the same name and one of the most popular politicians in Europe, was shot by Kruger.

tv.jpg

Napoleon VI's body is thrown into his sedan by secrets service agents (back); Joseph Fouché V (center) takes a bullet; Kruger twists out of the way of an oncoming agent (bottom left)

Caesar and his entire family were announced dead upon arrival at the Kaiser Helmut Wilhelm Memorial Hospital fifteen minutes later. Fouché went under extensive surgery, but quickly recovered. The entire world was shocked as news came in of the shooting. Kruger was brutally interrogated by the Berlin Police and the Imperial Secret Service. Now the question arose: who was to take the Bonaparte throne?

That role fell to none other than Napoleona's cuckolded husband, Karl II, last Emperor of the Rhine. He was a "spineless Hessian," according to everyone in France and Spain, and he was constantly pelted with accusations about his private life, from being a homosexual to having thirty mistresses. As Karl II unceremoniously ascended to the throne, much as he had done in 1955 for his father in the Rheinbund, Helmut Wilhelm and much of the rest of Europe's nobility feared there would be massive civil unrest in the Tripartite Empire. Their fears proved justly founded when riots broke out in Paris protesting the new Caesar Charles I.

Charles proved himself incapable of managing a crisis, as he turned the military on the civilians with brute force and declared martial law. The Austrian-born 83 year-old war hero, Count Adolf von Braunau, then began conspiring with Helmut Wilhelm for Prussian intervention, even though this would violate the Great War treaties. The plan was nevertheless put into action as thousands of Prussian soldiers crossed the border on April 18th. The confused and dazed Tripartite military usually either sided with the encroaching Prussians or ran for the hills. Caesar Charles went into full panic mode and suffered a nervous breakdown in Paris. Von Braunau led groups of soldiers from the eastern part of the Tripartite Empire and stormed Paris, removing Charles from power. Von Braunau took full command of the Empire on April 25th, and the Prussian military rolled in to support his "emergency powers." Meanwhile, the 67 year-old Italian Emperor Massimiliano IV ousted the rest of lesser Bonapartist monarchs of Southern Europe who were rejecting the Prussian intervention and military coup.

As questions arose as to who would lead the Empire once von Braunau could not, fears began to grow about the possibility of a European War of Succession, and the winner would likely unite the continent under one crown. As Bonapartist loyalists built up their forces and began demanding "Prussian and United Nations peacekeepers" leave the Empire, Prussia and Sweden began making plans to finally and permanently shift the balance of power from Paris to Berlin. The rest of the European monarchs and leaders began settling themselves into one of two camps: those supporting the 16 year-old son of Karl and Napoleona, Napoleon VII, and his acting Prime Minister Joseph Fouché V, and those supporting Prussian dominance. Kronprinz Helmut Wilhelm II, Prussian hero of the Great War, was making many of the decisions for his elderly father, the Kaiser, and he was in turn setting the stage for himself to become Emperor of Europe.

Back in Australia, meanwhile, a civil war had broken out with the French-speaking Catholics and the Dutch-and-English-speaking Protestants (with their American allies) committing vicious acts of genocide against one another. Slowly, the continent was falling under American domination, even as the mounds of corpses burned in Sydney.

And thus the stage was set for the European War of Succession, the result of hundreds of years of wars and conflicts going back to the Fall of the Roman Empire. Whoever would win would be master of the continent...

Last edited:
WHY NOT NAPOLEONA? SEXISM Doomed the french, they deserved it. Hope Prussia change the power or leave UN, maybe revived the AXIS union with NUSA?

Bye Bye Napoleon. Better to be under Prussia than under that crazy tyrant Napoleona. Hope she burns in Hell, and that this ending isn't the world cleansed in atomic fire.

WHY NOT NAPOLEONA? SEXISM Doomed the french, they deserved it. Hope Prussia change the power or leave UN, maybe revived the AXIS union with NUSA?

Napoleona was assassinated with her mother and father, so the title fell to her of-age husband since their son Napoleon VII was only 15. And it's doubtful any European power will ever ally with NUSA again, since NUSA is the most reviled nation on earth.

Wow, talk about grimdark. And why do I have this feeling that you're going to make the Amerinazis as the ultimate winner of the Cold War. And please, for the love of [INSERT RANDOM DEITY HERE], don't make them win!

Oh, and did I mention NUSA makes the Nazis look tame in comparison?

Wow. So Prussia and the Tripartite Empire are about to go to war (with appropriately great amounts of Tripartite support diverted from the Tripartite Empire to Prussia to make it not one-sided) over succession. 'Emperor of Europe': the hubris of it is incredible…

I imagine that Russian interference will prove decisive. What do the Romanovs think about all this? They might side with Prussia because it looks stronger at the moment and it's better to have one side win and thus present a united front against the increasingly dangerous and predatory NUSA, or they might try to avoid the presence of any ambitious young royal trying to become Emperor of Europe. But if the Kronprinz has so much as half a brain cell, he'll approach the Russians and give discreet assurances that he's trying to take advantage of the Bonapartes' weakness to become Emperor of Europe, a title which he does not see as including any lands currently ruled by the Russian 'Republic', and that he will consider himself Russia's equal once he has achieved this goal and will be happy to work with Russia in foreign affairs. Anything less and the Russians will see him as a terrifying threat to them; even with it he'll be seen as a threat, but perhaps a more manageable one.

On the bright side: that trick (assassination of a major world leader) isn't going to work again. After this, all major world leaders are going to take huge numbers of security precautions for themselves, and if this means that visiting crowds have to be patted down for weapons then that's just what's going to happen; it's not as if there are major civil liberties groups ITTL to protest the violation of privacy, and the monarchs, presidents et cetera will (reasonably) point at the Tripartite civil war and say "Do you want that to happen to us?".

Just two minor quibbles on points of fact: in monarchies, Roman numerals ('I', 'II', 'VII' et cetera) are for a reigning monarch only, so the Kronprinz would just be Kronprinz Helmut Wilhelm, not Kronprinz Helmut Wilhelm II, even though his father's name is also Helmut Wilhelm. And I thought that the monarchs of the Rheinbund were supposed to be kings, not emperors; I think I remember them being mentioned as such in previous updates, and also it's difficult to imagine the Bonapartes granting one of their client states a title equal to their own.

Thanks for the update, and I look forward to seeing what madness happens next. I have a nasty feeling that DocBrown's prediction is indeed where you're going, but we shall see…

There is something rather nicely ironic about the militaristic, idealistic, radical, conquest-loving tyrant trying to redraw the map of Europe, establish a pan-European hegemony, disturb the balance of power and overthrow a dynasty whose current rulers are incompetent and rule only by right of blood and conservatism… being a Hohenzollern fighting against the Bonapartes.