Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond

Banned
I mean, Scotland would be independent. It would just be the English Empire. The Kingdoms only united OTL after the Tudors died out when Elizabeth died childless and we invited James over from Scotland as he was a Protestant.

Unless the countries were united for other reasons, or England actually managed to conquer and hold down Scotland (unlikely IMO) there should be an independent Scotland.
My thought was that Scotland and England united dynastically in the face of French imperialism after Scotland's Darien colony was conquered by the French.

Thande

Donor
My thought was that Scotland and England united dynastically in the face of French imperialism after Scotland's Darien colony was conquered by the French.

Perhaps. I'm not sure if there would be an Act of Union of the Parliaments though; it might remain as Scotland and England just united in personal union, as it was 1606-1703 in OTL.

Interesting map, anyway. But why is there that OTL border in Algeria?

Diamond

Banned
Interesting map, anyway. But why is there that OTL border in Algeria?
Because I wanted there to be. :p
Actually, I remember reading somewhere or another that the border is an approximation of the lower extent of the Sahara, so it makes sense that that would be a likely divider between two rather large territories.

Thande

Donor
You do that and I'll call up the Danes.
Heh, there was a sketch in Private Eye recently showing the Viking hordes falling upon the North of England (in longships) and a caption that had the English victims screaming "It's the Danes! And...my God...they've brought CARTOONISTS with them!!" :D

Heh, there was a sketch in Private Eye recently showing the Viking hordes falling upon the North of England (in longships) and a caption that had the English victims screaming "It's the Danes! And...my God...they've brought CARTOONISTS with them!!" :D

Shame, I was enjoying our faux-battle.

ooooh very funny :D

A ongoing map of mine that I keep adding to, this time internal borders & more crazy stuff that makes it even more interesting.

Steam_Style_1850_Dark_Slavik.png

And my little Cyberpunk themed map, updated and with Pacific view instead.

New_World_Order_Pacific_Dark_Slavik.png

GURPS map for Cornwallis

Could I request a world map for the GURPS alternate timeline of Cornwallis? I'm planning to run a campaign for some friends that would center on a war on this timeline.

Here's a link to the description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GURPS_Alternate_Earths_II

If anyone knows if there's a map in the book (which I don't have), please let me know.

Thanks in advance!:cool:

Sort of a "defunct future": the world in the mid-twentyfirst century, as SF writer and leftist Mack Reynolds visualized it in the 1960's in "Sweet Dreams, Sweet Princes" (updated, but not much, in the early 80's edition.)

(What, not "Euroworld?" Guess he felt it sounded too Disney..)

Bruce

SweetDreams2.png

Hapsburg

Banned
Earth. July, 2351. Approximately 110 million people have died in the Terran Civil War, mostly due to the Sol Confederal Army's genocidal policies, under thier Spaceborn-Nationalist leader, Marcus Xavier Krone.
earthjuly2351zj0.png

The fuschia color indicates territory occupied by the Sol Confederation.

Status
Not open for further replies.