Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a map I did over the last two days, originally I was gonna add more to it, but by the time I finished it tonight I was to burned out to do so, though I'll prolly do so in the future.

Cove.png

The Communist China one? I saved it on my computer, but it has and explanation why I think it looks more like a squirrel:p

Alternate Future Cuba

So this is future history being set in 2020, but it would need alternate people at the head of Cuba to happen !

So its alternate future history...

Full size here

reformed_cuba_by_enannglenn-d5qlywe.png

The small text in the upper-right box is hard to read, but otherwise this is a great map. :)

I'd suggest linking to the map's page on deviantArt, rather than the map image itself, so people can favourite it and deviantWatch you on there if they want. ;)

Ha ! I did not notice you could do that in DeviantArt, makes sense (more than in FB anyways) !

Thanks for the comment, about the text size, this font looks good in titles and all, but is hard to read in small text, I agree. That is way I always link full size, so that people interested in the text can read it.

Well here is the link.

I tell ya though... with this new series I am working on, I have no idea how things are going to turn out. I know where they sit historically. But for what I want to occur, and when, and how... some things just aren't adding up the way that they should and it is making me think more intently about this story.

First I thought you'd linked wrongly, because I couldn't find any animal at all, but then I scrolled upwards again and immediately I saw the beaver! :D:D:D
It's a good map without seeing the beaver also.

Since people asked for a full-world map, here's a repost of my map from pg. 312 with the rest of the planet added.

After WWIII in the 1960s, the relatively untouched southern hemisphere recovered from the post-war economic collapse first. Their populations swollen by millions of immigrants from the wrecked north, the nations of the Latin American southern cone, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa all grew tremendously, and with the successful reestablishment of democracy in the south American states and the slow and halting but steady movement of South Africa away from white racial supremacy, the future looked rosy for a brief interval.

Alas, democracy in the north never recovered from the war. The US fell to a right-wing nationalism dubbed "neo-fascism" by Australian pundits, taking over and incorporating the depopulated areas of Northern Europe and battered Canada (first set of targets for bombers coming over the Pole) and renaming itself the United States of the Atlantic while less-damaged Mediterranean Europe unified under a Catholic clerico-fascist movement originating in Spain (Greece ended up as sort of an autonomous Othodox bit) which named itself the Holy Latin Empire. Other fascistic movements established themselves in radiation-burned but "liberated" south China under the reinvigorated Guomindang, and in the Arab middle east. These new autocracies looked with increasing hostility on the democratizing and newly rich south, and a new arms race began.

Still relatively weak against even a shadow of the former north, the nations of the south banded together for self-defense. Argentina, Uruguay, and Chile joined together to form the Union of Montevideo, while the former bits of the British Empire reforged bonds to create the New Commonwealth, and the Latins and the ex-Imperials joined to form the League of the South. (The southern African bits of the New Commonwealth would break away as a third power within the League, after leadership squabbles with the Australians became too tiresome). Other states would later join the League as seperate allies.

In 1996, the global situation is tense, as nuclear arsenals begin to approach levels not seen since the 1960s. The Fascist Block's expansion has ground to a halt, and the Arabs are increasingly unhappy with USA leadership, while the south Chinese only grit their teeth and follow marching orders from New Washington due to weakness and need for support in the face of the third faction in the new global great game: the so-called Dark Continent, the radioactive vastness lying between the shakily reconstructed state of Poland and South China, where the Mao-Stalin Red Cultists live their xenophobic and mostly underground lifestyle and dispatch terrorists and proselytists to all corners of the globe in defiance of USA nuking of anything in their territory that looks like a bomb plant. The League of the South is slowly but steadily moving ahead of their northern enemies in technology and standard of living, but will they be able to deter the fascists until they (as they must in the end) turn upon eachother?

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.