Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catalan and Valencian are the same language, the only reason they're ever considered different is for purely political reasons.

i know (though there are a few differences)...but i just said that really because they both consider themselves different, mainly cos the Spanish love to nitpick, and figured itd make the map more interesting

stefanbl

Banned
A silly gluing together of various Kaiserreich games.

kaiserreich 1950.png

Cross-posting from the Dividing America thread;

-America, United States of
-Cascadian Federation
-Dixie, United States of
-Flordia, Republic of
-Great Plains Federation (also needs a different name)
-Gulphin Republic (needs a better name)
-New Vizcaya, Republic of
-Pacifica, Federal Republic of

Divided America.png

If fifteen people attacked one of those ten foot tall fire-breathing black people then I'm sure those fifteen people might have a chance at bringing him down. When you have the numerical advantage, tackling even the super-powered is easy. I mean, these guys aren't Superman. Most of them can't even control their powers properly.

They would have to be pretty committed, particularly as it seems like from the backstory a lot of the metahumans would have military experience. I find it a bit implausible that such a Holocaust would happen on such a wide scale based on simple fears, unless most of the Western world had become totalitarian. Even then, there would be more interest in controlling and/or neutering them. The military advantages would be too obvious, and the costs of wiping them out too high. And even then, the knowledge that say China was training an ever growing number of them would likely put it into a worrying context.

If it was a more limited phenomenon, or there was another variable (something in the very nature of the powers or their source, perhaps), then I could get behind it. Perhaps, as in Wildcards, most of them have powers that simply aren't that useful. Or the backlash against a metahuman attempt to seize power.

New Zealand by itself going down that route could work though. Could work in some traditionally positive concerns such as Kiwi rejection of nuclear technology and GM. Perhaps the metahumans get painted along those lines, and fear and loathing causes democracy to break down. A world destabilized by metahuman action and reaction, with New Zealand somewhat of a pariah but with "human purity" supporters worldwide. An exile population of Kiwi metahumans in Melbourne pushing for Australian intervention but falling on deaf ears in Canberra. Friendly relations with similar regimes the world over (an Iran who claim the metahumans are satanic, a Zimbabwe that sees them as Western machination, etc). Foreign metahumans dropping supplies and weapons onto the South Island. Could be fun.

This is not actually one of my works, but one of my friends linked me to it from Facebook, and I thought I'd share it, in case it's not already on here. It's a linguistic map of Iberia over time.
My, that's nice. Having one for further north would also be good. Could you ask your friend where he found it?

A (heavily rationalised) map of the world from my Victoria Improvement Project game as the United Kingdom in 1936.

Yes, that is actually the Confederate States of America. It won the civil war when I intervened, securing the independence of the Confederacy and Southern New England (The north being gained in the Caroline War in 1838 and the Oregon War of 1844. After an attempt at reunification in the 1880ies, which ended in the US gaining West Virginia but the UK gaining New York, and the short Alaskan War where the UK gained Alaska and Hawaii, the US went to war with the CSA again in 1928. The CSA and myself occupied basically the entirety of the USA, so I figured they'd annex it, loaded up as the US to give the CSA everything but Washington, then annexed the USA as the UK and traded territories as necessary to get normal looking borders.

Also note British Yucatan, federated India under Britain (annexed British India and the Princely States by event - thankyou VIP) and surviving USCA (with Panama!)

UK VIP Basemap.png

A (heavily rationalised) map of the world from my Victoria Improvement Project game as the United Kingdom in 1936.

Yes, that is actually the Confederate States of America. It won the civil war when I intervened, securing the independence of the Confederacy and Southern New England (The north being gained in the Caroline War in 1838 and the Oregon War of 1844. After an attempt at reunification in the 1880ies, which ended in the US gaining West Virginia but the UK gaining New York, and the short Alaskan War where the UK gained Alaska and Hawaii, the US went to war with the CSA again in 1928. The CSA and myself occupied basically the entirety of the USA, so I figured they'd annex it, loaded up as the US to give the CSA everything but Washington, then annexed the USA as the UK and traded territories as necessary to get normal looking borders.

Also note British Yucatan, federated India under Britain (annexed British India and the Princely States by event - thankyou VIP) and surviving USCA (with Panama!)

Is that a Spanish Dominion of Tchad with no borders with any Spanish posessions? :eek:

Is that a Spanish Dominion of Tchad with no borders with any Spanish posessions? :eek:

If only. Victoria gets weird, but never that weird. :p

Its the heavily rationalised borders of Toubou, an independent native state. Thats their colour in the TACOS colour scheme.

Goldstein

Banned
i know (though there are a few differences)...but i just said that really because they both consider themselves different, mainly cos the Spanish love to nitpick, and figured itd make the map more interesting

I'm normally nitpicky when it comes to Spanish-related issues, and I like to remember that Valencians aren't Catalans, but I agree with Iori. By no serious standard Valencian and Catalan could be regarded as different languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.