Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a POD during the Mongols' rise to power, is this plausible for Western Europe in the late 1600s?

Just for kicks I'd've given your Belgian colored areas (Flanders?) to England, but even as you have it, it does seem realistic. However, one cannot discern realism merely from the map, but rather how one got to that map.

I know, but I thought 'why not, it won't kill me'.

This map, no. But the viewers...

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go remove the knives from my back put there by everyone who posts in this thread in an attempt to make sure I never post another Crappy Map

Pff, it would be so puerile to do that.

No, cutting your hands will prevent you to make another thing like this more efficiently.

Description is on Deviantart.

lands_of_the_duchy_of_altherria_by_gtd_orion-d4l3imj.png

For those of you good people who may have been reading my TL....B_Munro has created this map here, which has provided a first glimpse into the wonderful world of Stars & Stripes. :D (P.S. help wanted with China. Send me a PM if you're able to help.)

attachment.php

Fair enough. Not what I'd consider atheism (seems more like idolatry), but it's your map.

Such contradictions are inherent in totalitarian systems, but without a cosmological creation myth, nor an afterlife I don't think you can call such a belief system a religion.

That's a beautiful map. May I have the link to the texture(s) you used?

---

Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somaliland unite in the distant future.

If Afar is autonomous why isnt Oromo? Also why is all of Djibouti given to Afar when clearly it is 70% Somali, atleast the southern part of Djibouti should be in "Somalia" region.

If Afar is autonomous why isnt Oromo?

Because Ethiopians feel that Oromo is Ethiopian, unlike Afar, which is also Eritrean.

Also why is all of Djibouti given to Afar when clearly it is 70% Somali, atleast the southern part of Djibouti should be in "Somalia" region.

Because a very stable Somaliland beings back a lot of Somalis from around the globe, leaving Eritrea mostly Afar. This is the distant future.

Because Ethiopians feel that Oromo is Ethiopian, unlike Afar, which is also Eritrean.

Because a very stable Somaliland beings back a lot of Somalis from around the globe, leaving Eritrea mostly Afar. This is the distant future.

There are no Somalis in Eritrea, I am talking about Djibouti...
Djibouti is governed by Somalis with a Afar minority, yet all of Djibouti is part of Afar region now somehow even Djibouti City which is 99% Somali inhabited.

I have greatly improved my map skills over the last few months, and present a revised Maritime States map.

Once again, the general story line.

The New York Draft riots get much more out of hand than it did IOTL, and the Civil War in general ITTL is more disastrous (The Union still wins and Lincoln is still shot). The New York Draft riots essentially turns into a Paris Commune style thing (Called the Manhattan Commune, yes, I got it from Vicky 2) and is put down by the Union after 3 months. The scars of this are never forgotten, and by 1895, tensions are rising between the Federal Government and the individual states. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island declare independence in 1898 under Theodore Roosevelt's leadership, and steadily gain more support internationally. The Confederation of Maritime States is founded by Roosevelt as a united front against the Federal Government and President Thomas E. Watson. The rebellion initially succeeds, with Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont joining the Maritime States by 1899. By 1900, California, the Maritime States, Deseret, Cascadia, Texas, and much of the South had seceded from the Union, prompting Maine (Which has been under Maritime occupation since 1899), Dakota, Carolina, Ohio, and Illinois to secede from the Union.

Now, in 2011, a Revolution within the Maritime States founded the Republic of Maritime States.

Mind if I steal use this concept for a TL?

There are no Somalis in Eritrea, I am talking about Djibouti...
Djibouti is governed by Somalis with a Afar minority, yet all of Djibouti is part of Afar region now somehow even Djibouti City which is 99% Somali inhabited.

My mistake, that was a typo.

Well, as Somalis move to Somaliland, more Afars start getting government jobs. Also, giving Somalia control over Djibouti would make it perhaps the most powerful republic, due to Djibouti's strategic location.

Also, Djibouti is 70% Somali? According to Wikipedia, there are about 483,500 Afar people living in Djibouti out of 906,000 people in Djibouti total.

My mistake, that was a typo.

Well, as Somalis move to Somaliland, more Afars start getting government jobs. Also, giving Somalia control over Djibouti would make it perhaps the most powerful republic, due to Djibouti's strategic location.

Also, Djibouti is 70% Somali? According to Wikipedia, there are about 483,500 Afar people living in Djibouti out of 906,000 people in Djibouti total.

I meant 60% Somali but why would Djibouti Somalis move to "Somaliland"? There is no reason for them to move to "Somaliland". Southern Djibouti will continue to be dominated by Somalis and "Somaliland" wouldnt accept that they would rather annex Southern Djibouti.
But anyways this will never happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.