Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is the map.

Bruce

MapContestNorthVS South.png

Preface:
In 1878 at the Berlin conference, Italy and Russia are denied any territorial concessions. This resolution take close Italy and Russia to conclude with an official alliance of mutual collaboration in 1890-1900.

In 1914-1918 Austrian Empire fall against Italian-Russian Army (Russia had lead a diversion maneuver at eastern borders of Austro-Hungarian Empire).
The Alliance collecting the desired effects like new territories for Italy and Russia. (Istria and the dalmatian coast; Directly influence on Romania or north balkanian states).

In 1940 Italy join the Allies (Mussolini escapes from Italy to Germany or will be killed by D'Annunzio supporters), Italy addresses an initially invasion by Germany, but, with the main italian army located at south of the country (at south of the Gothic Line), for the Allies this is the main opportunity to strike back nazists and reach the final goal in Berlin in the 1945.

In 1951 Italian Kingdom under the reign of Umberto II is one of the last monarch nations in Europe. Italy now have (after the Jalta Conference) the control of his oldest colonies in Africa and in Mediterranean area (like a piece of Greece and many isles in concert with the UK Royal Navy).
In 1952 a Referendum declares the birth of the Italian Commonwealth composite by: Italy, Libya, Ethiopia, Italian Eritrea, Albania, Croatia, Slovenia, Kosovo, Dodecanese/Italian Greek and Crete.

kingdomofitaly.png

P.s. prototype version

Preface:
In 1878 at the Berlin conference, Italy and Russia are denied any territorial concessions. This resolution take close Italy and Russia to conclude with an official alliance of mutual collaboration in 1890-1900.

In 1914-1918 Austrian Empire fall against Italian-Russian Army (Russia had lead a diversion maneuver at eastern borders of Austro-Hungarian Empire).
The Alliance collecting the desired effects like new territories for Italy and Russia. (Istria and the dalmatian coast; Directly influence on Romania or north balkanian states).

In 1940 Italy join the Allies (Mussolini escapes from Italy to Germany or will be killed by D'Annunzio supporters), Italy addresses an initially invasion by Germany, but, with the main italian army located at south of the country (at south of the Gothic Line), for the Allies this is the main opportunity to strike back nazists and reach the final goal in Berlin in the 1945.

In 1951 Italian Kingdom under the reign of Umberto II is one of the last monarch nations in Europe. Italy now have (after the Jalta Conference) the control of his oldest colonies in Africa and in Mediterranean area (like a piece of Greece and many isles in concert with the UK Royal Navy).
In 1952 a Referendum declares the birth of the Italian Commonwealth composite by: Italy, Libya, Ethiopia, Italian Eritrea, Albania, Croatia, Slovenia, Kosovo, Dodecanese/Italian Greek and Crete.

P.s. prototype version

Okay, Good effort, but I'm not going to point out all that is wrong with the map. I am simply going to say that you really need to step back and look at the butterflies. I'm of the firm belief that very small things have very large consequences within a decade, yet here you have Mussolini still coming to power after an 1880s PoD, and Berlin falling right on schedule for WW2.

So my advice to is to consider the domino effect of being excluded from the Berlin Conference and how Italy might react as a whole throughout the next 20 years. I guarantee it'll make things very different.

EDIT: Just realized... Italian Anatolia. I'm assuming that's part of the post-WW1 plan of carving up the Ottoman Empire. I don't see the Italians snagging that if none of the other powers get any of their planned domains.

Last edited:
Preface:

kingdomofitaly.png

P.s. prototype version

One thing you'll need to correct is aside from the Italian Empire, all the other borders seem convergent.

Working on a timeline where there's more advanced (and more tribes) in the two Americas. This will be staged in 1500, and the POD will be around the 1300s (might change it in the future).

AltMap - The American Uprising.png

Their are far to many squiggly line borders.
While continusous straight line borders are'nt the norm, nor are jigsaw puzzle borders.

Otherwise, it looks interesting, if perhaps balkanized (the America's had Empires and several medium sized polities).

Their are far to many squiggly line borders.
While continusous straight line borders are'nt the norm, nor are jigsaw puzzle borders.

Otherwise, it looks interesting, if perhaps balkanized (the America's had Empires and several medium sized polities).

Your right, the mid-west looks like a jigsaw :D
That's a puzzle I wouldn't mind doing.

Why, are you Greek, or Italian, or Irish?
because we posted at the same time and no one saw my map. :(

Within the last five years, the political situation in Europe changed drastically. The global economic depression turned the Great Powers on their heads. In the Kingdom of Italy, a veteran of the Great War, Corporal Benito Mussolini, had taken control of government and had created a new system of political and economic reform that had brought Italy closer to the end of the depression. However, He had laid claims to many lands lost to the Central Powers as a result of the war, and then some.

The people of France and Spain saw the successes of Italy and began demanding reform in the manner similar to those of the Kingdom of Italy

OOC: I had more planned, but I really just wanted to do something to keep my story going. I think you all know where this might be going. ;)

View attachment 153595

ive gathered from some previous posts that WIP maps are discouraged, but id like some input on this newest version of the 2032 world map for my plausible-implausible ATL

the countries shown here are:

1. Arab League (actually a regional union of--currently--seven countries)
  2. Armenia (status indeterminant)
  3. Federal Republic of Austria (with colonies in Africa)
  4. Azerbaijan (status indeterminant)
  5. Aztec Empire (a limited monarchy with a system of parliament)
  6. Baden-Wurttemburg ("independent" German state under French influence)
  7. Balkan Trade Union (a regional union of several countries, rather than a single state)
  8. Bavaria/Munich Republic ("independent" German state under French or Austrian influence)
  9. Boer Republic (Dutch colonial successor)
  10. Empire of Britannia (a limited monarchy in which overseas dominions hold about the same prestige as the homeland)
  11. Denmark (may have Greenland, or it could go to Britannia or be "independent" under TTL's version of teh UN)
  12. France
  13. Georgia (status indeterminant)
  14. Italian Republic
  15. State of Japan (remnants of Imperial Japan; they're mostly a maritime power these days but still have a standing army as they were never conquered)
  16. Republic of Java (Dutch colonial successor)
  17. Poland-Lithuania (or just Poland)
  18. Portugal & Algarve (planned to be united with Brazil)
  19. Prussia ("independent" German state under French influence)
  20. Russian Federation (more like OTL UK than OTL Russia; there was no USSR phase ITTL and the tsar is now a symbolic ruler)
  21. Saxony ("independent" German state)
  22. South Sudan
  23. Kingdom of Spain
  24. Swiss Confederation
  25. Turkey (status currently indeterminant, but it will definitively be a puppet state under Balkan and Russian influence)
  26. United States of North America
  27. unnamed Baltic state (an idea is independent Livonia/Estonia, or it could be under Russian or Swedish influence)
basically, im looking for ideas as to what colonies the various european powers could have, what countries could be part of the arab league, and what independent states could appear in the other parts of the world which dont already have countries on them or which could be partitioned out of the existing ones. any help on this, or otherwise any comments?

atlasworld.png

Hokay: for the new map contest.
And here is the map. Bruce

:(:(:(
Really, I knew the map thread wasn't going great but since Bruce's post we've had:
1 request
1 Italian wank (which counts as a Work in Progress)
2 people criticising said wank
1 admittedly helpful note not to quote maps
1 Work in Progress map
2 comments on it
1 person reposting an old map of theirs
1 more Work in Progress map.
And no comments on Bruce's very well done and typically Munroist map (and the only map of the 5 on this page not a Work in Progress). Shameful.

Anyway, Bruce: amazing work as always. I'm sort of glad I decided not to enter this MotF before, because I just couldn't get any sort of scenario for it. You on the other-hand have just done an amazing map on exactly what I was considering (Confederacy + S-America + S-Africa + India bloc), but a thousand times better than I could have done it. High praise to you sir.

Okay, Good effort, but I'm not going to point out all that is wrong with the map. I am simply going to say that you really need to step back and look at the butterflies. I'm of the firm belief that very small things have very large consequences within a decade, yet here you have Mussolini still coming to power after an 1880s PoD, and Berlin falling right on schedule for WW2.

So my advice to is to consider the domino effect of being excluded from the Berlin Conference and how Italy might react as a whole throughout the next 20 years. I guarantee it'll make things very different.

EDIT: Just realized... Italian Anatolia. I'm assuming that's part of the post-WW1 plan of carving up the Ottoman Empire. I don't see the Italians snagging that if none of the other powers get any of their planned domains.

As i said, this is a prototype version of the timeline... just the primary butterflies, not all specifical points. But is only a secondary idea... i have other to do (work, night school etc)... but i promise i post soon a realistic timeline for this map.
Thanks for the comment.

POD - Prussia accepts Christian IX's offer to join the German Confederation in 1864 rather than lose
Schleswig and Holstein. Later ... waves hands distractingly ... look! A British Imperial Commonwealth,
and alt Queen Wilhelmina married the Crown Prince of Prussia!

Gross Deutchland - Imperial Commonwealth 1923.png

Nice :) i was gonna do a TL to do with something like that but with a POD in the seven years war. What about Hungary is that totally independent of Germany?

Nice :) i was gonna do a TL to do with something like that but with a POD in the seven years war. What about Hungary is that totally independent of Germany?

It's independent, but it's in a tight alliance with Germany. Hungary is a constitutional monarch (Hapsburg, cousin of the King of Austria) with an influential house of lords and high property restriction for voting (10% suffrage).

A remake of my last map;

It's a Bank Run! (NOTE: Reference to 'It's a Knockout! For those who don't understand)

By 2013, after many bailouts, Greece defaulted on it's debt, this caused in Europe's stock exchanges as the Euro became incredibly weak after a massive loss of confidence in it's stability. As Greece defaulted millions flooded banks to withdraw their savings, this caused the biggest simultaneous bank run for decades, maybe even since banks first opened, to take place. Greece's economy collapsed overnight and companies shut down left right and centre, millions became unemployed. Greece is booted out of the Euro but the damage is done.

This causes numerous bank runs in other countries, Northern Rock is the first to go, with saver confidence virtually dead by the earlier run, people refuse to trust Northern Rock to survive the Greek default. The Italian economy bleeds faster and faster as they also plunge over the line overnight. The Euro and European Union continue on wing and prayer. This time the government refuses to bail out Northern Rock, leading to it's implosion, angry customers ransack the bank, so far as the police are called.

But in Greece, the situation is far worse, protestors storm the Greek parliament as anarchy descended on the ruined nation. The final blow for the Euro was the Spanish withdrawal and the UK leaving the EU. This caused the system to come crashing down on it's creators, France and Germany. People were seen crying in European stock exchanges, one man even shot himself in a French one.

The trade unions of the United Kingdoms still went on strike on the 30th November only to find a resistant government, scenes of the 80s re-appeared in Britain. As Police guarded coal, gas and oil shipments, this was the government's attempt to try and preserve Britain's economy. When protestors marched down Whitehall they were forced back by police cavalry charges.
The strikes carry on for days, this starts to destroy the recovering economy, as a result of this the army is sent to break up the strikes and striking is banned 'for the foreseeable future'.

blank europe.png

:(:(:(
Really, I knew the map thread wasn't going great but since Bruce's post we've had:
1 request
1 Italian wank (which counts as a Work in Progress)
2 people criticising said wank
1 admittedly helpful note not to quote maps
1 Work in Progress map
2 comments on it
1 person reposting an old map of theirs
1 more Work in Progress map.
And no comments on Bruce's very well done and typically Munroist map (and the only map of the 5 on this page not a Work in Progress). Shameful.

It's a sad state of affairs that. Can we stick to posting good maps and commenting on them, rather than WIPs and reposts?

Very good map Bruce. A bit surprised the HRE hasn't tried to throw it's lot in with the Liberty League, though I suppose that might be the restraining influence of MAD.

How are they distinguishing Europeanized Africans from the slave class in the HZA? I expect a few awkward incidents occurring when white visitors from the developing or wild lands bumps into an African slave-owner socially in the pacified lands.

A remake of my last map;

Ireland in the "Sterling Zone"?
Hahahaha no. Ireland does not want to crawl back to Britain and beg for help, even being an asscociate in what is IMO a mini Commonwealth.2 just won't happen.
I'm detecting a slight anti-Irish vibe in these FH maps. Ireland isn't going to revert back to the Middle Ages or become Britain bitch at any point in the foreseeable future. Just stick them in the EFTA and be done with it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.