Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krall

Banned
1. yes to the first

Well, if it's saved as a JPEG then the damage is already done and it cannot be undone. If you want to save an image as something other than a JPEG then there should be a drop-down menu of image file types when it asks you where you want to save the image and what you want to name it.

Well, if it's saved as a JPEG then the damage is already done and it cannot be undone. If you want to save an image as something other than a JPEG then there should be a drop-down menu of image file types when it asks you where you want to save the image and what you want to name it.

KRALL WEARS HIS HAIR FABULOUS!

Random ASB map. With a post-American revolution world that got fucked up big time. The year is 2010.
Untitled.png

I forgot to color the islands up in Alaska, but I just did that map 'cause I was bored so it's not a surprise that I forgot something.

Nations:
Massachusetts
Official Name: Commonwealth of Masschusetts
Government: Presidential Republic
Capital: Boston
Head of State: President Daniel Kennedy
Head of Government: President Daniel Kennedy
Internal Provinces: None. Massachusetts is a unitary state.

New York
Official Name: Republic of New York
Capital: Albany
Head of State: President Erica Flanigan
Head of Government: President Erica Flanigan
Internal Provinces: None.

Pennsylvania
Official name: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Capital: Philadelphia
Head of State: President Christopher Gray
Head of Government: Prime Minister Sandra Myers
Internal provinces: East Pennsylvania, West Pennsylvania, Indiana & Michigan

UWRA
Official name: United Worker's Republics of America
Government: Communist Military Dictatorship
Capital: Charlotte
Head of State: Commander-in-Chief Jonathan Adams
Head of Government: Commander-in-Chief Jonathan Adams
Internal Provinces: South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia & Tennessee.

Georgia
Official Name: United Provinces of Greater Georgia
Government: Constitutional Monarchy, Federal Parliamentary Democracy
Capital: Georgiapolis (OTL Atlanta)
Head of State: Empress Samantha II
Head of Government: Her Majesty's Most Honorable Prime Minister, His Excellence Saul Henderson
Internal Provinces: Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, Arkansas & West Cuba.

Tejas
Official Name: Kingdom of Tejas
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Capital: San Antonio
Head of State: King Emanuel III
Head of Government: His Excellence, Chancellor Alejandro Espinosa
Internal Provinces: None

California
Official Name: Union of California
Government: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Capital: San Fransisco
Head of State: Governor-General Marcos Cruz
Head of Government: Premier Amanda Reyes
Internal Provinces: Siskiyou, El Dorado, San Joaquin, Colorado, Navajo & Baja California

Minnesota
Official Name: Republic of Minnesota
Government: Semi-Presidential Republic
Capital: Franklinsburg (excecutive & legislative), New Pittsburgh (judicial)
Head of State: President Andrew Wentworth
Head of Government: Prime Minister Donald Cain

North Georgia
Official Name: Kingdom of North Georgia
Government: Parliamentary Democracy, Constitutional Monarchy (in personal union with the United Provinces of Greater Georgia)
Capital: Kingsville
Head of State: Queen Samantha II
Head of Government: Her Majesty's Most Honorable Prime Minister, Her Excellence Kara Johansen

Sonora
Official Name: Republic of Sonora
Capital: Hermosillo
Head of State: President Esteban Zuazo
Head of Government: President Esteban Zuazo

Quebec
Official Name: Republic of Quebec
Capital: Quebec
Head of State: President Andre Tremblay
Head of Government: Andre Tremblay

Canada
Official Name: Federal Kingdom of Canada
Government: Federal Parliamentary Democracy, Constitutional Monarcy (British royal house in exile)
Capital: Toronto
Head of State: Queen Victoria II
Head of Government: Prime Minister Adam Winchester
Internal Provinces: Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Keewatin, Saskatchewan, Nunavut, Northern Territory, Yukon, Alaska Territory, British Columbia, Newfoundland & Labrador, East Cuba, Bahamas, Bermuda Territory, Jamaica.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
MORE.

Great stuff. Was going to ask about Africa until reading the edit. I'll bet the US is going to want a heck of a lot more of Mexico than OTL to balance the free/slave states out, eh?
Wait friend... just wait...
What's the independent country in Antarctica?
POD 1: Antarctica doesn't completely glaciate. The land is more of a Tundra than an Ice Desert, save for the extreme pole between 80 and 90 degrees (roughly)
POD 2: Final Ice Age lasts longer. When Man reaches Tierra Del Fuego, there is an Ice Bridge connecting the two regions during the winter. Yet as the winters grew warmer, that bridge disappeared, leaving natives on Antarctica.
POD 3: First Map

My entry for MOF 20

As we all know following the Russian defeat at the battle of Kulikovo the Golden Horde was able to re-affirm its position as the power over Russia, rather then being kicked out by Poland.

However, what if the Russians had gathered a larger Boyar coalition and the lords of Rayazan had not sided with the Mongols?

Russia AH.PNG

As we all know following the Russian defeat at the battle of Kulikovo the Golden Horde was able to re-affirm its position as the power over Russia, rather then being kicked out by Poland.

However, what if the Russians had gathered a larger Boyar coalition and the lords of Rayazan had not sided with the Mongols?
It looks like the Ming got a lot out of the Mongols ITTL. A bit too quick to Siberia though.

Thanks.

I felt Russia slav-izing Anatollia was a bit much, so take all the wealthy and fertile land in the North and let the Turks play in the hills, right? :)

P-L survived mostly due to the fact Russia was busy in the south, also the southern Balkans are now going to be real-interesting since the Ottomans never went deep into Europe.

Think I'll put up my Map Contest 20 thingy here too...

Okay, the latest on an old standard...what if the Ming had stopped sailing? I'm assuming some sort of more successful Mongol revival forces them to concentrate on their inland frontiers. As a result the Twin Continents are first discovered by Europeans, and the European colonies are much larger. France, as the richest and most populous western European nation of the time, manages to snaffle the big and wealthy native empires, although Portugal, Spain and Britain also get involved.

Ming expansion pushes Russia west into the Balkans and central Europe, and in reaction an earlier and more complete union of the German states takes place. The French-Italian union is butterflied away, and with the Inka continent's resources the Spanish monarchy does somewhat better than OTL. Similarly, with a far larger colonial empire, the British Crown is much richer, and the OTL revolution does not take place, so it's still a monarchy 2010.

The British colonies in America are much larger than OTL, and without the Han Menace they eventually break away under a branch of the British monarchy. Similiarly, French Mexique (using a tribal name of pre-Ming Zhongyang) becomes independent through revolution, and in the 19th century wars with New Brittania for control of the west.

There is no Grand Alliance vs Chungkuo in this world: although the Middle Kingdom is too large and too politically sophisticated to be conquered, its inward turn slows its development, so although it maintains local hegemony, it is only one of several major powers. (Given a more limited sphere for action, I assumed they would eventually incorporate Japan outright rather than being satisfied with vassalage as OTL).

With no unifying Han Menace, the various European powers fight over colonial territories. Eventually, Germany, squeezed between France and Russia, joins Britain, competing for territory with Russia and France in South Asia and Africa, in a war on a scale comparable to those of the Han Reunification: eventually the British come to regret this, since although they pick up a fair bit of colonial territory, the Germans come to dominate Europe: by 2010, Britain has switched its alliance to Russia.

(The Ottomans? I assume that without their alliance with Chungkuo, they would have been driven out of Europe and their empire broken up: they had a fairly tough time of it even OTL in the 18th and much of the 19th centuries).

Bruce

GlassDarkly.png

Status
Not open for further replies.