Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
A typical Britwank but cool frame and I hope you put some stuff in those corners cause they look a little empty but I await the final product.

Yeah, it is rather typical in terms of the map and the POD is only 1815. However, the world (as will be illustrated in the Fall with the continuation of this TL) is far from typical. Glad you liked it though. There will certainly be stuff in the lower corners that will help give a better idea of the world.

I think at some point I should probably make a slide-show of this, anyways, from the map-series I'm doing, the World as of August 1st, 2300;

With the begining of the 24th century the world stands on the precipice of great change.

2300.png

Originally Posted by Krall
So you flipped the basic world map, redrew some of the coasts, and then filled in the landmasses with a selection of colours seemingly at random with absolutely no information or background other than that it is a "fantasy world".

Now don't get me wrong - you should keep making maps - but you should try and improve your map-making.

I love the map, but yes, I want backstory! I love reading the backstories in this thread! Makes me Happy! :cool:

Yes, okay. I will. I have some cool Scenarios, with Stories. :D ;)
Maybe I post one or more next week or so.. I`m working on a scenario, where Germany and Hungary are the good in the 1930's and 1940's. :cool:

A map i did of a mythical world . no i have no backstory as i made this for a class, what i have is three myths to long to post, and this back ground: this world is pretty much medieval steampunk with airships, powerful alchemy and some weird Da vinci-esque machines, not to mention fantastic animals and lovecraftian horrors. i havent made a key yet, but i will eventually therefore i have the whitespace. if any one wants to claen it up thatd be fine :D

mythology map2.gif

A map i did of a mythical world . no i have no backstory as i made this for a class, what i have is three myths to long to post, and this back ground: this world is pretty much medieval steampunk with airships, powerful alchemy and some weird Da vinci-esque machines, not to mention fantastic animals and lovecraftian horrors. i havent made a key yet, but i will eventually therefore i have the whitespace. if any one wants to claen it up thatd be fine :D

I feel like having a déjà vu...

Last edited:
Okay, now that we have got that minor detail out of the way, I need to say that of course you can use the map, since the version I posted in the "Fantasy and Alien Blank Basemaps Thread" is a) actually out of date and b) it appeared on a "Blank Map"-esque thread, so it is availiable to everyone.

Last but not least: Post the key and some additionall info, please. I am a sucker for good fantasy/steam punk/Lovecraft light settings :D:p

The last and probably final (may do an alliances map) I'm doing for this, the World in the year 2400.

After nearly four centuries the world (excluding Antarctica) has been fully colonized.

The red thing is officially called Terasia, but it gets called New Rome alot.
The purple nations are the Eurasian Khaganate, a close Confederation (eventually Federation).

2400.png

Inspired by something on Alternate History Travel Guides (the site, alas, appears to be defunct), a couple maps from a rather different world war arising from a 19th century POD.

(It's not WWII, since in this world the German-French-Russian war was not considered afterwards a "world war", since the US and UK never got involved).

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.