Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd do a map for the Europe of the "Heirs of Alexandria" series... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heirs_of_Alexandria_series

It's a world where magic works, although as usual in these things in spite of the world being full of spirits and gods and magic up the wazoo history doesn't really change until the conversion of Hypatia to Christianity, which among other things leads to the survival of the Alexandrian Library and the split of Christianity into northern and southern "Pauline" and "Petrine" churches.

Turns out that Islam does exist in spite of the early 400s divergence - so, I redid the map.

Bruce

FallBlood2.png

Inspired by Iori's idea, I made a map of the world after the 32 least populated countries(not including dependancies and partially recognised states), everything inside those countries, the infrastructure connecting those countries, and objects in earth orbit were ISOT'ed to a world without humans(all people who are citizens of said 32 countries who were ate the moment of ISOT outside of those countries are transported back.
The following map shows claims and actual regions of control in this strange world(not that the most of the Carribbean and Pacifican states that were ISOT'ed have formed a single country in each region) 50 years after ISOT.

NWM1.PNG

Inspired by Iori's idea, I made a map of the world after the 32 least populated countries(not including dependancies and partially recognised states), everything inside those countries, the infrastructure connecting those countries, and objects in earth orbit were ISOT'ed to a world without humans(all people who are citizens of said 32 countries who were ate the moment of ISOT outside of those countries are transported back.
The following map shows claims and actual regions of control in this strange world(not that the most of the Carribbean and Pacifican states that were ISOT'ed have formed a single country in each region) 50 years after ISOT.

What are all the countries?

And why would Gibraltar?/Malta? claim so much?

So, let's see... I can see Caribbean things, Pacific things, Malta, Belize, Iceland, San Marino, Vatican, Maldives, Brunei, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Cape Verde, Suriname, Andorra, Sao Tome and Principe, and... is that Comoros in Madagscar et al?

World 1810

Its been a little while since the last update. instead of a huge story, just the key points:

AMERICA

• United States doubled in size after the Louisiana Purchase (from Spain).
  • Franklin Territory became the first territory to be formed from pre-existing states, after a bloody rebellion at the turn of the century.
  • The Louisiana Purchase is split, the District of Louisiana and the New Orleans Territory.
  • The Wisconsin Territory is seeking admittance to the Union.
  • The Northwest Territory (US) lies on the Huron Peninsula (ITTL Michigan Upper Peninsula)
  • The Spanish-American Treaty of 1805 established the eastern borders of the Tejas Province... all other borders remained undefined.
  • Presidents
    • Benjamin Franklin: 1770-1775
    • George Washington: 1775-1785
    • John Adams: 1785-1790
    • Thomas Jefferson: 1790-1800
    • James Madison: 1800-1810
    • Alexander Hamilton: 1810-
  • Aaron Burr was killed in the duel when the tree branch snapped, due to Hamilton's shot, and struck Burr in the head just before his shot, placing him into a coma where he died three days later
  • Thomas Jefferson recruited privateers for the United States. They sailed to Africa and established multiple ports. Now being disputed with Britain.
  • The British Navy is commandeering countless American trading vessels and re-routing them to Britain, where their crew is forced into the Royal Navy, or Royal Army
  • The Spanish Royal Family, fleeing Madrid as the French drew closer, fled to New Spain. Mexico City is the temporary capital of the Spanish Empire.
  • New Spain was divided into five distinct territories
    • Mexico
    • Tejas
    • California
    • Yucatan-Panama (stretching from the Yucatan Peninsula to the Panama Isthmus)
    • Cuba
  • The Anglo-Russian Treaty of 1805 established the borders of Alakya (Alaska to the British)
  • British North America was divided into four regions
    • Canada
    • Rupert's Land
    • Northwest Territory
    • Oregon Country
EUROPE/AFRICA

• Republican France defeated Royal France.
  • Republican France faltered and became Imperial France.
  • Imperial France, lead by Napoleon Bonaparte (from Foix instead of Corsica) successfully invaded Brittany and Calais. Germany was forced from much of her territory. The French invasion of Iberia was mostly successful. The French Invasion of Russia was going well until the Battle of Moscow, where the Russian Army managed to halt the French Advance.
  • Algiers, Moorocco, Tunis, and Tripoli were all invaded by the United States in 1800 in the Barbary War. When the US left the following year, various European Powers invaded and added them to their empire.
  • The United States and Great Britain are in a state of "Cold War" on the Southern Coast of Western Africa. The British control access to the region, while American merchants dominate the area.
  • Portugal has established a small colony on the Eastern Shore of Africa.
ASIA

• The Qing Dynasty, aided by the French, invaded Russia, nearly forcing them entirely from Turkestan and from the Western Shores of Lake Baikal
  • the British East India Company controls the territory formerly occupied by the Mughal Empire, and Ceylon from the Maratha Confederacy.
  • The Maratha Confederacy is a close ally to the British... perhaps too close.
  • Germany has control of nearly all of the East Indies.

I'm going to have be negative again. You better have altered the laws in your timeline, because I'm fairly certain Hamilton was born in the West Indies, and thus couldn't be President.

I'm going to have be negative again. You better have altered the laws in your timeline, because I'm fairly certain Hamilton was born in the West Indies, and thus couldn't be President.
He was. however, he was a citizen of the United States at the time the Constitution was drafted, plus, he was one of the original founding fathers. At the time the constitution was drafted, anyone could have been president, as anyone living in the United States at the time it was ratified, was an american citizen.

Hamilton could have become president, and in-fact ran for president in 1800.

Here's a map I posted over in the ASB Map Thread, but I've seen more implausible things here. :D Anyway, on the other thread I described it as the world Osama bin Laden dreams about at night in his cave, and that's all your really need to know, although the details are here.

And the map...

osamafinal.png

Its been a little while since the last update. instead of a huge story, just the key points:

AMERICA

• United States doubled in size after the Louisiana Purchase (from Spain).
  • Franklin Territory became the first territory to be formed from pre-existing states, after a bloody rebellion at the turn of the century.
  • The Louisiana Purchase is split, the District of Louisiana and the New Orleans Territory.
  • The Wisconsin Territory is seeking admittance to the Union.
  • The Northwest Territory (US) lies on the Huron Peninsula (ITTL Michigan Upper Peninsula)
  • The Spanish-American Treaty of 1805 established the eastern borders of the Tejas Province... all other borders remained undefined.
  • Presidents
    • Benjamin Franklin: 1770-1775
    • George Washington: 1775-1785
    • John Adams: 1785-1790
    • Thomas Jefferson: 1790-1800
    • James Madison: 1800-1810
    • Alexander Hamilton: 1810-
  • Aaron Burr was killed in the duel when the tree branch snapped, due to Hamilton's shot, and struck Burr in the head just before his shot, placing him into a coma where he died three days later
  • Thomas Jefferson recruited privateers for the United States. They sailed to Africa and established multiple ports. Now being disputed with Britain.
  • The British Navy is commandeering countless American trading vessels and re-routing them to Britain, where their crew is forced into the Royal Navy, or Royal Army
  • The Spanish Royal Family, fleeing Madrid as the French drew closer, fled to New Spain. Mexico City is the temporary capital of the Spanish Empire.
  • New Spain was divided into five distinct territories
    • Mexico
    • Tejas
    • California
    • Yucatan-Panama (stretching from the Yucatan Peninsula to the Panama Isthmus)
    • Cuba
  • The Anglo-Russian Treaty of 1805 established the borders of Alakya (Alaska to the British)
  • British North America was divided into four regions
    • Canada
    • Rupert's Land
    • Northwest Territory
    • Oregon Country
EUROPE/AFRICA

• Republican France defeated Royal France.
  • Republican France faltered and became Imperial France.
  • Imperial France, lead by Napoleon Bonaparte (from Foix instead of Corsica) successfully invaded Brittany and Calais. Germany was forced from much of her territory. The French invasion of Iberia was mostly successful. The French Invasion of Russia was going well until the Battle of Moscow, where the Russian Army managed to halt the French Advance.
  • Algiers, Moorocco, Tunis, and Tripoli were all invaded by the United States in 1800 in the Barbary War. When the US left the following year, various European Powers invaded and added them to their empire.
  • The United States and Great Britain are in a state of "Cold War" on the Southern Coast of Western Africa. The British control access to the region, while American merchants dominate the area.
  • Portugal has established a small colony on the Eastern Shore of Africa.
ASIA

• The Qing Dynasty, aided by the French, invaded Russia, nearly forcing them entirely from Turkestan and from the Western Shores of Lake Baikal
  • the British East India Company controls the territory formerly occupied by the Mughal Empire, and Ceylon from the Maratha Confederacy.
  • The Maratha Confederacy is a close ally to the British... perhaps too close.
  • Germany has control of nearly all of the East Indies.

I like it! But when did you post a map of this world before?

Never posted a map here before. No real timeline, just playing with religious blocks.

Red = Buddhism
Orange = Hinduism
Yellow = Zoroastrianism
Green = Islam
Blue = Norse Paganism
Purple = Christianity
Grey = Isolates

new world.jpg

Here's a map I posted over in the ASB Map Thread, but I've seen more implausible things here. :D Anyway, on the other thread I described it as the world Osama bin Laden dreams about at night in his cave, and that's all your really need to know, although the details are here.

And the map...

:confused: I really don't see how Osama would like the US and Russia forming powerful multinational alliances, unless it's a bad dream he's having. Also, I'm sure he'd like to see Iran PWNed in some way or another.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.