Путин Прочь!

The Guardian
November 22 2011

A stadium full of pumped up, macho Russian martial art fans had just watched the Russian fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, knock the daylights out of the American challenger, Jeff Monson. As the American was taken off the blood-splattered ring with a broken leg, Russia's former President and current Prime Minister climbed up onto the ring at Moscow's Olympic Stadium and launched into a congratulatory speech for Emelianenko, calling him a "real Russian knight". The crowd had other ideas.

The crowd began to boo and jeer the Prime Minister of Russia, who pressed on with his speech but it was what happened next that surprised many. Within roughly thirty seconds since the beginning of the booing, the crowd began to chant 'Putin out'. Though it is believed to have started off as a jeer by one of the members of the crowd, the chant was quickly picked up by almost everybody in the stadium. Facing such anger from the crowd, Putin was immediately whisked away from the stadium by agents of the Federal Security Service.

Unable to spin this in his direction, how would this affect Putin's standing in Russia? How would affect the recent elections in Russia? Would there be protests against Putin especially after the recent election fraud? Thoughts?

Also, apologies if I butchered the Russian language in the title.

Daffy Duck

Banned
Interesting

Interesting article...should probably be moved to the 'chat' section.. That being said, if you look at the amount of corruption in Russia today, not to suprised to see that folks are fed up and looking to vent. I have a friend from Siberia whose told me about the corruption.

It's a what if, OTL the Russian lost and they booed him

I don't know enough about modern Russian politics to give an answer